Chapter 14: Kiara’s life
105 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kiara's life had been great, well, mostly. Pampered by her parents, perfect talent for machinery, a face that could make half the world jealous, and a great talent for magic. Swords and machinery revolved around her whole lifetime, and she became the first to master a technique to combine the two. 

[Sword transformation technique]. That's what Kiara called it. She was eighteen when she made this technique, and past thirty when she completed it. 

At first it was scorned since she tainted the pure sword techniques with a different essence, but as the rule of their world, the strong wins against the weak, and everyone accepted it in time. 

In just five years, more than half the world was learning the technique, and Kiara was already thirty seven. She opened a school that combined sword and machinery, creating sword techniques that a simple sword could not reach. 

After six years of rising, and being the top technique of hybrid sword techniques, even defeating the most powerful of orthodox sword techniques, Kiara was content with her work. 

She perfected it by years of research and experience, and she could no longer see anyone defeating the perfect combination of sword and machine. 

Well, that was until two years later, she was defeated by a single sword move. A man that rose rapidly when she was not looking, a being called Sword Saint. 

"Your technique and machines are perfect. That's why you lost." The man left only these words, and disappeared from the whole world completely. 

Kiara was not angry, she was happy that someone surpassed her. She took the man's words seriously, and contemplated it. 

It took her a whole year of meditating before she realized what he meant. It was indeed perfect, that's why it couldn't improve anymore. 

"It was perfect for mortals, not for higher beings." Indeed, it was the peak of sword and machine, and that's why she needed something to let the technique surpass the mortal instrument, and reach a higher level. 

Kiara knew there was mana and other types of energy in the world. She knew they were stronger than just physical body, but she didn't implement them. 

She thought that a physical strength could surpass magical techniques, and it did. Her perfected technique surpassed even magical techniques. The only difference is that there is a level higher than that common magical techniques. 

It was mysterious, and ever changing. 

For the first time in her whole life, Kiara used mana, the core of magical techniques. Magic. 

Years passed, and her age seventy. The world was already different that it was years ago. The old was turned modern. There were buildings, connections, and space travel. 

Her machines had turned into portable cases that released bursts of pellets that can penetrate even the strongest of metal, and even common body cultivators. 

More than half population of the world already turned into the machine called gun. It was portable, simple, and powerful. 

Kiara even has her own modified version of a gun that used mana, but that was something she considered as weak. 

Although the world had already changed, but her passion didn't. 

She created a container that could store mana, and implement it into a sword machine, making it more durable, control weight, and even coat it in mana. 

Of course, Kiara also made a sword technique for it. She didn't bother changing the named and called it [Sword transformation technique], the same name when she perfected it. 

Her technique and technology handed down to her school, the world has known its powers. Her previous fading name and reputation has regained it's footing in the world. 

But she still wondered. 

The technique was not perfect, there was no perfection in using mana. Use much, and something will go wrong; Use less, and another will go. 

"Maybe it is time to search for a disciple." Kiara muttered, looking at the room that she stayed on for years. 

...

And she did have a disciple. The same first name she did. 

Kiara Mia Lappet, the child prodigy of machines. 

4