Chapter-17 Training for Two Years is Kinda Boring
431 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After about two years of constantly training control over my magic I had grown considerably stronger. At first it was way more difficult to control my magic than I was previously able to do. Nyx told me it was because when I casted Explosion magic before I fell into a coma, I had unintentionally mixed Shadow magic with it and it ended up changing my soul which is where magic power is stored.

After I adjusted to my newfound power I was taught even stronger spells and how to use as little magic power as I could when casting spells. I learned how to condense the magic power inside of me so that my magic capacity would increase. While learning new things I had also gotten better at picturing exactly what I wanted my magic spells to do further increasing my control.

What normally takes talented Spirits half a decade to accomplish, I had accomplished in two years. Though I was only able to almost completely master control over my magic power because I never had to stop training in order to sleep and eat. Of course my soul being changed might have possibly had some effect on my talent for learning magic as well. If so it would be a great way to become talented at magic if not for the fact that I would have died if I wasn’t treated by the Great Holy Spirit.

It was painfully boring these past two years and I had gotten into the habit of mumbling to myself or letting my mind wander as I continued to unconsciously train. As I got better at magic I realized some peculiar things about Shadow magic when I let my mind wander.

At first I thought that Shadow magic only had magic related to shadows but some of the more powerful Shadow magic discounted that theory. Shadow magic actually dealt more with things and concepts that couldn’t be explained by normal methods. Some of these things included paranormal activities, magic that affects the mind, and theoretically Shadow magic could be used to slightly control time or create things out of nothing.

I found all of it incredibly interesting, but sadly while some Shadow spirits in the past that were way stronger than me were able to create simple objects out of nothing, nobody was ever able to figure out how to control time. For a moment I was determined to be the first person to figure it out, but I quickly gave up when I found myself unable to think of what I should picture in my mind in order to cast a spell that controlled time. Not to mention a spell that can control time would probably take a crap ton of magic power to cast.

I pulled myself together as I realized I had let my mind wander again but I don’t think I could be blamed for doing so. There’s just nothing to do inside the darkness and even when I got skilled enough to change my surroundings I realized that all I could really picture was the forest because that’s all I’ve ever seen in the world. That greatly disappointed me and I started to think, “When I get out of here I want to see more of the world while I continue to get better at magic.”

“I wanna leave already. How am I not strong enough to stabilize my own magic power yet?” I was complaining to Nyx as she was once again inside my dreams in order to teach me control over my magic.

“Well then I’m sure you’d be delighted to hear the good news. Me and Mary believe that your magical control should finally be at a high enough level for you to wake up.”

“Wait, really?! I was just complaining because I was bored and you’re saying I might actually be able to leave now? What do I need to do?”

“I see your eager nature hasn’t changed at all, but yes you should be able to stabilize your magic by now. All you need to do is sense the rampaging magic around you, forcibly calm it down, and then make it flow around in your soul how it’s normally supposed to.”

“I can’t believe I’m asking this now but why did I need such a high control over my magic to do something that sounds so simple?”

“It sounds simple but is normally impossible to pull off. Most Spirits that have mastered their magical control would still be unable to mess around with a soul. However, you have an advantage over them since your mind is actually locked inside your soul right now because of the nasty side effects of that Shadow magic.”

“I know, I know I’ll never mix Shadow magic with Explosion magic again. I’m not exactly keen on having my soul messed with either, you know.”

“Well as long as you understand. Even with you currently inside your soul it’s still going to be difficult to achieve and I won’t be able to assist you with waking up anymore so I’ll leave and wait by your side ready to celebrate” She canceled her spell that lets her dive into my dreams and I started to focus on the rampaging magic.

The first thing I noticed was that even though my magic power was supposed to be unstabilized it still moved around in a rhythmic yet chaotic manner. Thinking that all I needed to do was just calm down my magic power and make it move around my soul slower and less chaotically I tried to take control over my magic. I failed instantly.

I now realize why Nyx said it sounded simple to perform but was difficult to actually do. Trying to calm down my magic was like trying to dam up a river using just my body. Whenever I tried to stabilize my magic I would just instantly fail again so I started to come up with a plan instead.

My first idea was to cast as much magic as I could to see if the rampaging magic’s power would lessen a bit but no matter what I did the rampaging magic power didn’t lessen or slow down at all. Next I tried manipulating my magic power to create a wall of magic power in front of the rampaging magic but it just broke through it. While my second idea may have ended in a failure it did give me a good idea.

Since the rampaging magic power is actually a tangible force rather than just a visualisation of the state my magic power is in right now, I wondered what would happen if I added to it rather than just hopelessly trying to control it by force. I added a bit of magic power but nothing changed so I decided to take a gamble. I instantly combined all of my magic power with the rampaging magic and it didn’t take long before something seemed to break.

15