Chapter-24 First Day of School
364 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the guards started to rush me I teleported inside of the academy. I acknowledge that I didn't exactly enter in a carriage like the nobles but that doesn't automatically make me a commoner. We don't even have a school uniform so you can't exactly judge me by the clothes I'm wearing either. Those stupid guards are just making me even more annoyed.

Hell I understand keeping people out because a lot of magic is still being kept a secret from the commoners and I understand keeping nobles as safe as you can, but do you really have to attack on sight? Well I don’t really want to bother with clearing things up with the guards so I guess I’ll just find a good place in the academy to hide away from people until class starts. I might even be able to continue using it as a place to hide during the scheduled free times.

After looking through all the shadows in the academy again I couldn’t find a single room that wasn’t occupied by the academy’s staff or students. I figured that since I couldn’t hide in a room already created, all I have to do is make one located in the school and hide it. So with that thought in mind I teleported to the top of a building that has a rooftop garden.

I planned to first just make a basic room with Earth magic. Once I finish it I’ll hide it by placing a passive spell that makes the room hard to notice. In the rare case of someone spotting it I plan to disguise the room as a place to store tools for gardening. I’ll make a hidden door that can only be opened by using Shadow magic to detect and open it. For the finishing touches I’ll use Shadow magic to make the outside of the room seem to be the same size as the decoy room.

It took me about an hour to make my hidden room and when it was finished I realized that I was kind of stupid for making a hidden door since I can just teleport inside. I soon realized that I had something else to call myself stupid for because the first classes of the day had started. “Well I’m already late and I don’t want to pressure myself so I might as well stay here until the next classes start.”


Yeah that was a terrible idea. I ended up passing time by using magic to create more furniture for my secret room and experimenting with making music more. I ended up not going to class, and I kept using the excuse that I was already late and I could just attend the next class. Can’t complain too much though because I managed to get out of boring classes without having to interact with anyone. I do plan to attend the last class, but only because it should be practical training for magic.

With that in mind I paid close attention to the time so that I wouldn’t actually be late. Thankfully I only had to wait a few minutes for the previous class to start and for the last class of the day to start. I teleported out to the training field while using Shadow magic to hide myself. While I do need to enter the Shadows to use this magic, I don't need to stay in the shadows to keep using it. It just uses more magic power if I'm out of the shadows.

I noticed that the guards that tried to attack me this morning were patrolling around the training field. I guess it’s because this area is kind of open so a talented assassin could probably snipe someone if they wished to. I was pulled out of my thoughts when the teacher started to make sure everyone was here so I had to stop hiding myself. When I stopped hiding myself the guards noticed that I was the person who tried to enter earlier and they pulled out their swords.

I’m really annoyed right now and I would really love to kill those guards right now and claim self-defense. However, before I could do that the teacher shouted and interrupted us. “Hey what the hell are you guys doing?! That's one of my students!”

“She tried to enter the academy earlier today and escaped from us before we could apprehend her!”

I figured that I could entertain myself a bit by humiliating the guards, so I interrupted their argument acting as sweet and innocent as I could. “I just tried to enter the school like any other student when you attacked me. I used magic to escape because I didn't want to die.” After hearing my explanation the teacher had the guards put away their weapons and began the lesson. I was hoping the guards that annoyed me would get more of a punishment but instead I just got more annoyed because they got away with bothering me with no punishment.

The teacher started explaining to the other students that they were going to test how strong their magic is by shooting at targets made by a talented mage who uses Earth magic. I was only kind of paying attention because I was coming up with a plan.

I’m pretty fucking annoyed right now and I have the perfect way to release some stress. I’ll just cast a huge explosion using one of my stronger magic spells and doing so should also make most people too scared of my power to bother me. So I waited for everyone to volunteer to go first because they were eager to show off how powerful they are. Pretty expected of a thing for prideful nobles to do I guess.

As I suspected most of them suck at casting magic. But then again they didn’t train under a Great Spirit or frantically train their magic in order to escape their soul like I did. The first person who caught my interest was a girl that looked about fifteen and with silver hair like Mary's. The reason she caught my interest was because she was able to cast Holy magic. I don't know if silver hair is a sign of Holy Spirits or if the girl is Mary's daughter, but I decided it doesn’t really matter right now because I can always ask Mary herself later today.

When it finally came to my turn I kind of wanted to blow up the academy right now, but I held myself back since Mary said I shouldn’t do anything illegal. I had to settle for blowing up these targets in front of me. Though I guess I could fake attack the nobles.

Attacking a noble is only illegal if you're a commoner and I'm kind of adopted by Mary so I'm kind of like royalty right now. Besides I would only be attacking them. None of them would get injured or die, they just might need a new pair of pants.

I was only considering the idea but I'm not exactly in control of my magic right now. While I was debating the pros and cons of fake attacking the nobles, my magic responded to my absent-minded thoughts and fired towards the nobles.

17