Chapter-25 The Girl with Holy Magic
348 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because of how annoyed I was I ended up casting my strongest spell at the nobles instead of the targets. It’s a spell that is one of my specialties because I combine Earth, Air, and Fire magic in order to create create a flaming boulder that gets propelled through the air with Air magic. Though as much as I want to be proud of my spell right now, I have to first deal with stopping my attack before I kill a bunch of nobles and end up having to flee the Empire.

So I just simply used Air magic to instantly bring it to a halt before casting a lot of Water magic on top of so that the boulder can cool off. After that I just used Shadow magic to swallow it up. I would have preferred to just swallow it up with Shadow magic, but it can't swallow up magical things so I had to wait until the fire was gone so that it would just be a normal boulder that lost the magic in it. Anyways, with the disaster averted I casted the same spell at the targets in order to relieve my stress and pass the test. When I looked back at the nobles it felt nice to see them be afraid of me. The closer they are to pissing their pants when they see me, the less likely they are to bother me.

When the shock over everyone wore off the guards drew out their swords again and rushed me. I guess I can’t be too surprised considering I almost murdered a small amount of nobles who can use magic. And I’m sure it wasn’t that surprising to them when I teleported away before they reached me. I appeared back in my secret room and I’m not going to lie, I relieved a lot of stress in those few minutes.

Even though I teleported back to my secret room I decided to go back to the training field because I was curious about what everyone was doing after I left. So I hid myself in the shadows, teleported back, and began to watch them. I figured that they would have taken the nobles to a safer place but it seems that they decided to just continue the lesson. I don’t know whether to call them brave, stupid, or smart for calming the students down enough to continue the lesson.

The teacher was currently teaching everyone how magic was all about forming the image in your mind. The more vividly you can imagine what your magic is supposed to do the less magic power you’ll need to cast the spell. Every person casts magic differently because everyone pictures how the magic works differently. As long as you can picture something well enough and as long as you have enough magic power to draw from, you can usually cast a spell that does what you pictured. Soon the teacher finished the lesson and let the students finally begin to practice casting their magic for real under the watchful eyes of the guards and a few mages.

I didn’t bother to watch most of them because their magic wasn’t really that strong or unique. Of course some of them might be hiding their true powers and just pretending to be bad, but I doubt that since showing how strong you are here would probably make other nobles want to befriend you. Anyway, the main person I was interested in watching for now was the girl that looked about fifteen years old.

The girl was currently being surrounded by people begging her to show them the, “Rare Holy magic only granted to the few chosen by the gods.” Which I guess that since there’s a religion worshipping the Great Spirits she kind of is chosen by the gods. I doubt that most of the students will actually be able to view Holy magic since it has no visual effects and all it does is make your body stronger and heal slight illnesses and injuries.


Well damn, I stand corrected. One of the idiots managed to hit a guard with some Fire magic. The Spirits on standby quickly used Water magic to put him out, but not before he had a decent amount of burns on his body. Well at least their stupidity gives me a chance to see how good she is at Holy magic.

The girl almost immediately got rid of all but one of the burns. The remaining burn was a really nasty one on his back. She keeps trying to get rid of it, but I can tell that if it was to heal naturally it would leave a bruise that never goes away. Wounds that go beyond simple cuts and bruises can’t be healed with Holy magic so all her effort is just being wasted. All Holy magic can do with those wounds is make them hurt less which can only help you stay alive long enough to get proper medical attention.

Since the girl caught my interest and I might have to interact with her in the future if she truly is Mary's daughter, I figured that it wouldn’t hurt to tell her as much. While I was still hidden I whispered into her ear, “Holy magic can’t heal that.”

“How would you know! I’ve seen my mother heal bad burns before.”

Mary is really good with Holy magic but even she wouldn't be able to heal that burn. Maybe when the girl was younger she saw her mother heal a burn and exaggerated the event in her young mind. Anyway I need to keep talking to her. “A burn that bad can’t be healed. You can however reduce the pain he feels until he can get proper medical treatment.”

“And how would you propose I do that?”

“Just imagine a person with a wound that doesn’t hurt. Your magic can do the rest.” Even if she only has a vague picture in her mind the spell should be casted if she has enough magic power.

Thankfully she quickly did as I asked because I can tell that the people around us are a bit confused since it seems like the girl’s talking to no one. The guard soon got up and started heading to the infirmary after thanking the girl, though it seemed that he was still feeling a small bit of pain. Mary would have been able to make him feel no pain but the girl is still pretty talented since she was actually able to use one of the harder Holy magic spells. It is a bit hard to picture a spell that would make someone temporarily feel no pain. Not like I would know how hard since I can't even use Holy magic.

With all that done the girl got up and looked around for who told her what to do, probably to thank them. Of course I was standing right next to her using Shadow magic to hide but she didn’t need to know that. I'm bored and it might be a little entertaining to follow her around and make her think she’s haunted by some type of ghost.

So that’s what I decided to do for the rest of the day. Until the class ended I kept whispering random things into her ear at random intervals or patting her on the shoulder. The way she gets really scared only to try to regain her composure because she’s surrounded by people was really amusing. When she left school in a carriage I hitched a ride and continued to haunt her all the way until we reached the outer gates of the castle.

15