Chapter-26 Kat the Friendly Ghost
402 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The guards at the gate of the castle didn’t stop the carriage so we just continued to move on while I kept teasing the girl. Since nobody else is around to see her reactions she’s stopped trying to keep her composure. Though while I do find her reactions really entertaining, I would stop if she was about to cry. I'm admittedly not the best at dealing with a crying girl.

Eventually the carriage stopped and she walked up to a nearby servant after regaining her composure from my teasing. “Where is mother?”

The servant bowed before saying, “Her Grace is currently in her room awaiting Your Highness.”

With that said the girl started to walk and I followed her eagerly as I looked to see what type of place Mary has lived in for most of her life. We didn’t walk for too long even though the castle was pretty big.

When we finally entered the room I was glad that my theory of the girl being Mary's daughter was correct. It was incredibly obvious but sometimes secrets are hidden out in the open so I was glad nonetheless. Mary excused all of the servants in the room before speaking to the girl. “Fai, were you able to befriend Kat like I asked?”

“Sorry Mom but the only time I saw her at all today was during the last class of the day. When she did show up the guards tried to attack her.”

“Oh, and who might those guards be?” Mary smiled when she said that but I don’t think those guards are going to have a job for much longer.

“They were the guards trusted with guarding the training field during our class. However, before they could actually attack Kat, the teacher had defused the situation. Later Kat fired a powerful spell at everyone else, but she got rid of it before it actually hit us. She then fired the same spell at the targets and disappeared again for the rest of the day."

“Well I’m not surprised that Kat did that since she tends to get annoyed easily by being around other people. With a few exceptions of course."

"It would be hard to notice that. She wasn't exactly eager to interact with anyone in class.

“Well I guess it was too much to hope that she would get a friend on her first day. I figured that she wouldn't bother with going to most of the classes but I didn’t think she would get into trouble with the guards.”

“About that, apparently the guards assumed she was a commoner trying to sneak into the academy which is why they attacked her.”

“So she probably doesn’t think too highly of the academy right now. Even if she can’t gain control over her magic I was hoping that she would be able to get one or two friends.”

“Sorry Mom, I’ll try harder to befriend her.”

“You don’t have to worry about that, Fai. In the end some people are just more comfortable by themselves.”

At that point their conversation about me stopped as they started some small talk over tea. While I do appreciate the kind gesture from Mary in trying to give me a friend. It would have been better for her to introduce me to Fai in advance rather than have Fai try to befriend me herself. Maybe this is also just some subtle princess training in befriending other people? Well in the end Fai is amusing to tease so I might talk to her occasionally.

I decided to wait in the room to see if they would talk about me some more, but they never did during their small talk. However, before they finished talking, Fai had something to say to Mary. “Mom, there's something I need to tell you. I think I’m being haunted by a ghost.”

“Now why would you say that dear. You know that ghosts don’t exist, they’re just stories told to scare kids.”

Fai started to sound a little desperate as she said, “But Mom, ever since my last class I keep hearing someone whisper in my ear. At first the ghost was kind and she taught me how to make people feel less pain using Holy magic. But then she would keep whispering random things when I was trying to focus and occasionally she would put a hand on my shoulder.”

This opportunity was too good to pass up so I walked up to Fai and whispered, “Don’t worry I’m a friendly little ghost," into her ear. Teasing Fai is just way too entertaining. As soon as I whispered in her ear she let out a really cute scream and dropped her teacup.

I guess Fai screamed a little too loudly because some guards rushed into the room. “Is anything wrong Your Grace!”

“No, Fai here just accidentally dropped her tea cup.”

“Understood Ma’am we’ll be leaving then.” The guards here had pretty good discipline when it came to following orders. If only the academy guards were as smart as these guys.

After the guards left Mary began to calm down Fai before saying in a slightly angry tone, “How about you stop hiding yourself now.”

I stopped hiding myself and said, “Ah, I’ve been caught.”

Upon seeing me Mary calmed down a bit. “So it was just you Kat? I thought some other Great Spirit was playing a prank.”

“Why would another Great Spirit play a prank like this? Do they not like you or something?”

“Kind of… Anyway Kat would you mind explaining why you were teasing my daughter?”

“Well it was because her Holy magic caught my attention during the practical magic class. When she was having trouble with treating someone who got burned I figured that I should teach her some more Holy magic to help and at the time I was hiding myself because most of the nobles didn’t seem to like me. After that I was amused by her reactions when she couldn’t find who helped her so I continued to tease her.”

“Ok, so in other words you’ve been following Fai ever since the last class of the day?”

“Yep I heard everything you guys talked about. I don’t mind being friends with Fai, her reactions to being teased are very amusing after all.”

“I’d prefer if you could keep the teasing to a minimum.”

“Can’t promise anything but I can try.”

“Well I guess it's a good start for now, but she gets scared easily so try to only tease her in private when others can't judge her reactions. Anyway, Kat would you mind finding and teleporting us to the people that run the academy.”

“Sure I can do that, but why do you want to see them?”

“Well since the school guards probably consider you to be a danger to everyone by now I figured that I should go and make sure you can keep going to school. You’re also going to have to start actually going to the classes to show that you're a good student.”

“I only skipped them because I lost track of time. Anyway, are you sure that it’s fine to just leave Fai here while you talk with the higher ups?”

Fai answered my question before Mary could. “You don’t have to worry about me. I’m used to Mom disappearing after she meets up with Nyx.”

I wonder how much Fai actually know about me and Nyx. With everything settled I teleported Mary to the higher ups and she spent the rest of the day trying to convince them that I won’t destroy the school or kill everyone.

Being sick sucks ass. I have to lay down all day because I can't breathe at all when I'm walking around. On the brightside it's giving me enough free time to play the new pokemon game.

14