Chapter 11: Incarnate
875 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I don’t want anything from him. Take it away.” She says, and the ghostly figure behind her raises its crossbow at Avelihn.

Avelihn turns on her, and plants her staff into the ground. The Casai drops like a rock, pressed into the ground at the behest of Avelihn. The ghost is pressed into the ground too.

“Now listen here, girl. There are two things you should know. First, is that this is functionally permanent, unless you die. There is one other way to remove the system, and it’s to break the system, which I would never allow anyone to do, even if it’s flawed. Second is that Ryan did not rape you out of his own desires, nor did he even wish to do so. He’s cursed by the Incarnate system to seek out the most beautiful creature in the area and take them. Before I came here, that was you.”

I could barely see her in the darkness before, but her fur is light gray with stripes of black across her fur. It’s no surprise I couldn't see shit in the darkness with those kind of colours. Her ears are all black though, and that bleeds down into her face as the light gray and black vie for dominance on her features. She’s smaller than Avelihn, probably about 5’7” if I had to put a number on it, which explains why I towered over her before.

“He made me feel like so horrible… He took me against a river, with no love, no heart…” she says, her eyes watering now. “And I fucking loved it! I’ve never had sex like it, it was like an unstoppable force took me and I was just along for the ride. I hate him for it. I don’t know how to feel. I want to do it again one second, then kill him the next. All the people in the village… I couldn’t help but think they’re right when they say I wanted to fuck him again. It’s not fair. Why did it have to be me?”

Avelihn crouches down to put a hand on her, releasing the spell that traps her. She curls into a ball, back turned to me.

I don’t like this. I really don’t. So far, this is my contribution to the world - a broken girl who was living a normal life until I came along. I run off into the woods. I want to fight something.

I pull up my stats.

NAME: RYAN RIVERS
CLASS: UNKNOWN/UNCHOSEN
RACE: WOLFHEART [WOLF GROUP]

RACIAL BONUS(s):
POWERFUL AURA BONUS: ADD POWER TO CHARISMA
TERRITORY GAIN BONUS: TERRITORY MARKERS SIZE +25%
TERRITORY GAIN BONUS: MAIN STATISTICS GAIN +25%
+ MINOR HUMAN RACIAL BONUS [PREVIOUS INCARNATION]: +5 INTELLIGENCE. + DISCOVERED POISON RESISTANCE.

 

STATISTICS:
MAIN ATTRIBUTES:
POWER: 70 SPEED: 40
INTEL…: 25 CHAR…: 95 (25 BASE + POWERFUL AURA BONUS)
WIS…….: 2 PERCE.: 40
END…: 45 VIGOR…: 40

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES:
INTIMIDATION : 20 [NEW STAT - 15 FROM ADOPTION OF SECONDARY ATTRIBUTE; VULPAR DOMINATION BONUS + 5]

ONE PENDING BONUS SELECTIONS:
BONUS FROM GANGREL

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE BONUS OPTIONS? Y/N

I put my claw though the menu and the skillsheet closes, opening instead a panel.

BONUS FROM GANGREL: PICK TWO

VIBRATION SENSITIVITY (?)
SPEED INCREASE 15 POINTS
NIGHTHUNTER BONUS (?)
CLAW LENGTH INCREASE (?)
FEAR AURA (?)

I touch the question mark on the second option, and it displays a list of text.

NIGHTHUNTER BONUS:
BECOME EMPOWERED DURING THE NIGHT, INCREASING ALL STATS BY 15%
GAIN ABILITY TO SPEAK WITH NOCTURNAL-BASED CREATURES.
BONUS TO INTIMIDATION DURING NIGHT.

Okay, vibration sensitivity is fairly straightforward, but fear aura?

FEAR AURA BONUS:
GAIN INCREASED CHARISMA AND INTIMIDATION MODIFIER WHEN POWER IS HIGHER THAN ENEMY POWER.

That’s all I need to know. I pick both nighthunter bonus and fear aura, and my skillsheet updates automatically.

I set off into the woods, catching the scent of a nearby creature I haven’t yet smelt and going towards them.

14