The past(2) – a jump
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

There ever had been such a case in history where gateways had gotten angry. Though it having the ability to speak was normal but giving out punishment was definitely not. The lower races who were watching the show from their home planet were in glee. But those powerful ones on earth were currently going through the harshest nightmare.

  The shadow of the gateway enveloped the earth. This scared he races as their ships and creatures hurriedly tried to leave but in vain. He shadow had already covered them and they were no more. Everyone one of them turned to fine dust blown by the chilly , damp and bloody winds that blew on earth

. It wasn’t earth but hell. You could even say that there was no goodness left on earth anymore. Everywhere lay mutilated corpses, shattered skull and brain matters ,intestines and blood coming and sticking out of corpses, dead faces with open eyes. Dead animals and birds in their habitats, destroyed tree trunks and burnt grasslands. Broken buildings and ruined settlements that said perhaps some creatures lived here thousands of years ago when it only had been 3 weeks. Rivers of blood flowed with dead fishes on its surface. Foul smell stenched everywhere of rot. Skies were cloudy devoid of any light. Pure hell was earth.

The gateway sighed. It would take a long time for it to get back this planet on wheels. Then a brilliant ray of white light enveloped the earth. From outer universe the bright light hid earth but inside earth…..

 

 thousand years later…..

/ Tring, Tring

Soft sound of receiver bell rang.

/Coming, coming.

It was a busy season in the bookstore as the academy year will begin soon.

/first year, elementary books. Range 1 to 5.

The the bookstore attendant quickly glanced through the list and scurried to the nearest shelf where books were kept tied together.

The list on the table fell down due to the slight breeze of the air conditioner. He quickly bent to pick it up but somebody jostled him to get to the counter.

(ouch!) he winced in pain as he scuttled at the back to get the space to stand up. But the attendant couldn’t wait.

/order no. 21. Foot the bill on the counter.

/ the books…

He immediately joined the queue. He wished that it would take long time so that he could enjoy the cool air conditioning of the shop than the hot summer sun outside. But being in reality it wasn’t possible. His turn came quickly.

/1695 mones. Cash or scan?

He fumbled to take out cash as he replied.

/cash. Here you go 1700.

He got the books and change and exited the shop.

Hot sun rays begin to warm up his cool body.

(its just morning but so hot)

 

1