Chapter 4: Dragon
999 8 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting over the shock, Kai hurriedly took out all of his equipment from his first aid kit. He looked at the dragon, sprawled out in an X on the damp cave floor, and decided to stop the smaller bleeding wounds first, which he then did with a couple of flexible wrappings. The biggest and last bleeding wound was on its right wing, and it looked like the bones connecting the wing to its body were broken as well.

He quickly dashed out of the cave and grabbed the sturdiest branch he could find after measuring the broken wing. With this knowledge, he snapped the branch over his knee in a way that caused it to be just long enough to span the dragon's whole wing bone. He then quickly disinfected the branch with rubbing alcohol and tied it very tightly — but in a way that he hoped wouldn't cause it discomfort — around the broken bone with more flexible wrapping. The wrapping also staunched the blood flow, killing two birds with one stone.

At this point, Kai started to feel guilty that he continued to refer to this majestic and mythical creature as an it in his inner monologuing, so he decided to figure out its gender once and for all. While it was still unconscious, he carefully checked the dragon's nether regions, confirming that it was in fact, a she.

After surveying the situation and deeming the dragon to be in a relatively stable condition, the adrenaline wore off and he felt a searing pain in his legs, and they cramped so badly that he had to sit. Exhausted and in pain, Kai remembered the quest and checked the menu with the last of his strength. He saw two messages:

------------------------------------------

Quest Complete! Congratulations!

Reward: Training weapon Mk.4

-----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

Mission Bonus!

As a reward for not only finding

the source of the noise, but also

saving the dragon causing it, you

have received a bonus reward!

Bonus Reward:

[Inventory Gained!]

------------------------------------------

He now knew that quests could have secret or bonus objectives not specified in the quest, and he knew this was valuable knowledge to have. And with that, he passed out, albeit with a smile on his face caused by his overwhelming success.

When he woke up, the dragon was awake. She didn't seem to be hostile, which he was very relieved about. Rather, she seemed incredibly curious about where she was, as she kept on sniffing around itself. He slowly approached her, trying to gauge if the dragon truly was friendly and passive. Otherwise, he would most likely have to either abandon her or wait every day for her to go to sleep to do her daily bandage swap. Luckily, it seemed as if she was tolerant enough with his presence to at least let him near her.

However, a couple of seconds later, he noticed her trying to extend her broken wing. 

"STOP!" Kai quickly expressed just how badly the wing was hurt, before coming to his senses and remembering that this dragon probably didn't understand him. However, to his surprise, the dragon stopped! Not only that, but she seemed to become excessively more interested in him. 

"Do you understand me?"

She gave a low hiss in response, and Kai responded

"Alright, I don't understand you so if you understand me, I'd appreciate it if you could blink once or thump your tail on the ground, or something similar."

She proceeded to blink her large, golden eyes once and he knew for a fact that she understood him. However, just as he was about to try and communicate with her to see how her pain level was and if there was anything she needed, a notification sounded, and two windows popped up in front of him. He decided to check out the first promptly.

----------------------------------------------

[Insight gained!]

[Skill Information unlocked!]

Would you like to read it?

Y/N

----------------------------------------------

He quickly pressed Y, eager to learn what powers he had to work with. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Information Redacted] Class Skill #1

◊Aura Of Attractiveness◊

—Host passively secretes a special pheromone into the air that will 

illicit feelings of trustworthiness in any female monster in the vicinity.

—If a female monster decides they like you, this skill makes it much easier 

to continue gaining their trust and affection, and when the time comes, 

will also make it easier to [Information Redacted].

—Male monsters are affected but the effect is less potent, and the range is shorter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Damn, while this is very promising, it is still quite infuriating that I can't see some information" Kai lamented. "Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk."

The second window was a little bit more interesting to him, however.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Passive Skill Acquired!]

◊Communication Lv 1◊

—Any monster not displaying ill will towards host will be able to understand 

what the host is saying. 

—Male monsters are affected, however, not only do they have to be peaceful towards

you, they also have to have a good impression of you before they will understand your words

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" Kai excitedly exclaimed. "I can talk to animals! Holy Shit! This is like the one thing I've always wanted!" 

He sat there in shock for a little while, completely absorbed in his own thoughts with a dopey grin on his face. 

Meanwhile, the dragon started coming towards him. She seemed to be intrigued by his grin, and it made her feel much safer around this human.

 

 

[AN: I'm planning on making the next chapter in the dragon's POV, I'm not entirely confident that this will work out, but I'll give it a shot anyway.  And what the hell, let's throw a poll on, tbh I'm probably gonna do it anyway, but if the majority of you don't want it then I guess I might change my mind...]

 

Dragon POV?
  • Yes Votes: 66 75.9%
  • No Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I really don't care Votes: 15 17.2%
  • A poll at chapter 4? Really? Votes: 3 3.4%
Total voters: 87
28