Short Story ─ April Fool’s Day
299 10 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today was April Fool's Day, a holiday in my former life. And which seems to have been introduced in this otome game as a fun event.

So I will take advantage of this day to play pranks.

But the question is to whom?

Who can I prank?

There are many people I know and very few I can prank.

First of all, Amy.

I can't joke to her because she knows the truth I told her. She thinks I am a goddess messenger and because of that I know she was going to suffer.

So I can't joke with her.

The next person I can joke with is Cid.

Cid was someone who in the future would become a guy with a horrible personality and a deadly sin bearer.

I can't joke with him, as that guy has a terrible sense of humor.

I can't joke with the capture targets either as we are not close.

I would like to tease Jake and tell him that his events are the most ridiculous because so much of them he acts like a clown.

Then Oscar, who is so proud of his magic that I'd like to tell him how he was defeated by a slime who could use the same attack.

So I'd like to be laughing at them.

But we're not close enough to do that...

Then there's only that option left, them!

My lovely and kind fiancés.

Lily and Eli.

A good joke would be to tell them about their former life roles. I'm sure they'll enjoy laughing at a very silly lie on my part.

Which hides a bit of truth.

Speaking of truth, I want to tell you that I'm a reincarnate, but you wouldn't believe me.

So let's tell them I had a prophetic dream, no doubt it will be funny.

"Thank you for coming."

Eli and Lily came to a room set aside for social gatherings.

Since today was free, we could occupy the rooms.

After serving some tea and cookies, I waited for them to get comfortable.

Lily munched on the saltine crackers as if they were the tastiest thing in the world, her hand even touching her cheek, showing how delicious they were.

Eli sipped her black tea gracefully.

When they finished enjoying the tea and crackers I said...

"Girls, the truth... is that I have something to tell you."

"Something to tell us?"

Eli asked very interested.

"Yeah, here's the thing... this is an otome game world."

"A world where Lily is the protagonist and Eli is the cruel villainess daughter."

I proceeded to tell a bit of the truth about the game.

◇◇◇

"I'm late!"

A beautiful girl was running.

Her long blonde hair pulled back in two pigtails was shaking wildly.

She is Lily, the protagonist of this otome game.

Lily is a scholarship student who arrived for reasons the plot didn't care about.

While running through the large garden of the academy, due to falling asleep, she came across a handsome boy looking at the statue of the goddess Alexia with boredom.

Lily was running so fast, she didn't calculate the distance to the boy and they tripped.

"Kyah!"

Lily shouted as she fell to the grass along with the boy.

She quickly got to her feet and helped the boy up as well.

"I'm so sorry, I saw you, but I couldn't help but bump into you, I'm really sorry!"

"Bye!"

She said that before running away great speed while being watched by the boy.

◇◇◇

"Just barely..."

Lily arrived in time for the opening ceremony of the school year.

Everything was going well so far, until it was her turn for magic theory class.

She was smart, trying to understand everything Professor Attley said.

"Do any of you know the answer?"

Both, she and a red-haired boy raised their hands.

The boy saw Lily, but smiled as if he had the upper hand.

"Yes, I─!"

The boy said a very clever answer, it looked like he had won, but the teacher said something else.

"Wrong, do you know it, scholarship girl?"

"Err, yes, I─"

Lily said the answer to a difficult question, the red haired boy himself and the teacher were astonished.

Lily blushed a little.

◇◇◇

The next class was training.

The youngsters were training hard.

Lily tried her best to move a large dumbbell.

"Nininini..."

She made that cute, weird sound as with both arms she tried to lift a weight.

"It's heavy!"

Some boys and girls laughed at Lily, who, despite being able to use magical power to lift the weight, used only her own strength.

After the end of class, Lily managed to lift it, but with both hands.

A tan-skinned boy who had lifted a 50-kilogram weight in both hands was watching Lily all this time.

◇◇◇

Classes had taken their first break.

Lily was looking for where to sit to eat, but since the dining hall was crowded, she went somewhere she could sit.

Finding the place, she was going to enjoy her lunch, but a beautiful melody caught her attention.

"Is that...?"

She went to look for who was playing that beautiful piano melody, following the sound, she came to a music room which was not used much and was mostly decoration.

There playing the piano, an attractive pink-haired boy was playing a melody that expressed loneliness and sadness.

But Lily thought it was beautiful, so she unintentionally moved closer, to the point that a broom that was nearby made her fall.

The boy heard the loud thump and looked at Lily in fright.

"Awawawa, I'm so sorry!"

With her mouth in the shape of a W, Lily apologized and ran off.

◇◇◇

Classes were over and it was time to find their respective dorms.

Lily got lost, and somehow ended up in the male dormitory.

She was a little scared as some guys were looking at her in a bad way.

She was very terrified as she could feel their stares on her big chest and butt.

Again she bumped into someone.

This was a short, gray-haired boy with a cold stare.

"A girl around here?"

"Looking for someone?"

"N-No, I got lost!"

"... In the boys' dormitory?"

"I'm so sorry! Sometimes when I get so focused I lose sight of where I am, I'm so sorry!"

Said Lily as she apologized crying and shaking her pigtails up and down.

The boy sighed and said.

"Follow me then, I'll show you where the girls' dormitory is."

"Thank you so much!"

Lily thanked the boy as she clasped her hands together and tears like snot streamed down her face.

The boy just looked at her and then took his face away from her as he told her to come with her.

Lily arrived safely to the girls' dormitories and from a nearby window she was saying goodbye to the grey-haired boy who felt weird seeing her.

◇◇◇

Time passed and Lily had already gotten used to her life at the academy.

The only problem was that she was bullied.

"Why don't you just leave already? Commoner."

A group of girls were bullying Lily.

They surrounded her and pushed her into an alleway.

The leader of the girls bullying Lily arrived.

Dressed in a refined manner, with her long blonde hair swaying in the wind and her intense red eyes.

The girl, the daughter of a duke, the villainess Elize made her entrance.

She put her hands on her hips and with a hostile tone spoke to Lily.

"I already figured it was this fuss, but I never imagined that in truth the reason for the stench in the air was due to the smell of commoner, hahaha."

Lily wanted to cry at Elize's cruel words.

Lily bravely replied to Elize.

"If you really dislike me so much, then face me and don't send your lackeys!

That made a vein appear on Elize's forehead."

"A filthy commoner like you, speaking to a duke's daughter."

Elize approached to slap Lily when her hand was stopped by someone.

"What do you think you're doing, Elize?"

A group of five young men arrived on the scene.

The blonde-haired boy was giving Elize a dirty look, after all...

"Prince Regulux!"

He was her fiancé.

Regulux, Lambert, Bellange, Oscar and Jake, the capture targets had come to aid Lily from the cruel villainess Elize.

Elize withdrew her hand and gave Eli an evil look.

She was gone, but her murderous intent still stood.

Regulux muttered.

"A truly hideous woman as always."

"Sorry about that, Lily, are you all right?"

Regulux's smile was affectionate and one of genuine concern.

But the others would not be far behind.

"You should ask me to be your bodyguard so those girls don't bother you!"

Bellange exclaimed as he emphasized his pecs.

"Brute strength isn't everything. But I believe the same thing, only, with my help, none of them will bother you as long as they know I have your back."

Oscar said smiling as he stepped in front of Bellange.

But Jake didn't stay quiet.

"Haha! The house of a count and a marquis is nothing when you compare it to that of a future duke.  My house is the most suitable since only I can rival Elize."

Lambert who was silent until now, cut off Jake's words of victory.

"If you can't even stop a simple experiment from exploding, protecting Lily-san will be much worse."

"What did you say!"

Lambert stood close to Lily, his hand if he lifted it, he could grab her by the shoulder.

"I said the one most capable of truly protecting her is me. As long as if you want me to of course."

"Hey, hey, Lambert, it's rare that you show interest in anything."

"I'm sorry Your Highness, but Lily-san is the most interesting rarity I've ever met."

"Don't call her an rarity!"

Lily smiled and heartily said.

"Everyone, thank you for your support."

And so marched Lily's days and capture targets for the two years the prologue lasted.

Then came the war and the end of the villainess.

"And that's what would have happened."

"Isn't it a nice joke what happened hehe?"

I thought they would be intrigued with this lie-truth, I'd like to know what they were thinking... but the next thing that happened was totally unexpected.

"You're the worst!"

They both slapped me hard across the face and I fell out of my chair.

"How could you even think of telling us such a lie like that!"

"You're horrible Razel-kun!"

Lily burst into tears as she covered her eyes.

"Me bothering Lily! Her meeting with those five? My tragic end like my mother's!"

"Don't talk to us all day and then come apologize to us!"

Eli grabbed Lily who was still crying and they left in annoyance.

I was speechless, but there was only one thing that needed to be said.

"But... this is how everything was supposed to be... is the original route so horrible?"

Understood, I will never say this again in life.

As a curiosity for everyone, what happened here is almost considered spoiler since there will be an arc focused on what happens during the otome game.

This year the events of the arcs will be very busy!!!

6