Chapter 126 ─ Alvin Story (2)
70 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second part of this story that unites and closes mysteries mentioned from the beginning of the novel finally enters its climax.

Remember the author loves his girls, if I hated them, they would all be flat and trashy.

Also everything you saw in this past is a taste of what the truth arc of the otome game will be like.

Honestly the villain of this arc is one of those that I spent more time on than any other, and that's missing other villains, because what I like the most are the villains.

A hero can't exist without a villain and a good story can't move forward without a threat that moves the world of our heroes.

Remember not to hate me and take your little pill.

Eli was heading towards her imminent death.

She was just a few feet away from touching the ground when...

"Hang on Eli-chan!"

Lily and the dragon she was riding approached at high speed.

She reached out her hands and materialized multiple glowing shields.

Eli touching one of the shields shattered like glass.

She kept falling as she broke the shields.

But the purpose of the shields was not to stop the fall it was to slow her down.

Being ten meters from the ground the speed at which Eli was going slowed down more and more until there was only one left.

Finally she had stopped, then the last shield broke and she fell lightly to the ground.

She touched her heart as it was beating like a train.

Lily came down and hugged her.

"I'm glad you're safe!"

"Yes. Thank you so much."

Eli was trembling as she hugged Lily, in the distance she saw the same mechanical dragon heading to attack her.

But Fanoss who was shouting angrily rammed this one.

"You are an imposter! Listen everyone, these dragons are imposters!"

"Attack all enemies that smell just like them!"

The dragons split up and began attacking the machines.

Lily picked up Eli and together they went to fight Fanoss against the mechanical dragon.

Razel and Alvin who had different expressions were watching that.

Razel was relieved, surprised to see them with dragons. However, Alvin was angry.

"Truly what useless dragons they are."

"But on the other hand. The girl with the pigtails is the famous Lily that person talks so much."

Razel looked at Alvin with utmost interest.

"How come you know Lily? How come your boss knows her?"

Alvin wagged his finger in denial.

"First let me finish my story. Now start part two."

◇◇

It's been a while since I graduated from the academy and immediately started working close to my father to learn about territory management.

It is really impressive, all that a feudal lord has to do no matter how high his rank is.

Barbara also wanted to work and went with my mother to learn how to help her future husband.

Before I knew it, we were married and she got pregnant afterwards.

The months of waiting are really stressful.

Her belly was growing as was her appetite, but today is really the day I have been waiting for so long.

"Are you nervous, Alvin?"

My father asked it's true I was nervous, but because of how anxious I was imagining finally having a child.

The reason for wanting to have one was mostly due to whether or not that child would receive my same genes.

From that day at the academy, I stopped my misdeeds and began to focus on family matters.

I started smoking and drinking because of the need my body was asking me to do what I can no longer do.

I even started frequently asking Barbara to do it, resulting in the baby to come.

My mother is inside the room, Barbara's cries of pain as she struggles to bring our child generate various sensations in me.

From joy to fear.

The fear was because it is not safe for a baby to be born alive, but now that there are hospitals where doctors can have more help it has made deliveries easier.

"Err, who's Mr. Rosenberg?"

Suddenly the nurse poked her head out of the door and asked for one of us.

"We both are, miss."

"Ah, I'm sorry. I meant the husband of the lady who gave birth to a beautiful baby."

Apparently, this joke is clearly my mother's thing, a funny way for her to tell me to come in.

We stood up except for Glenn who always stood up and after swallowing saliva, we went in.

There were the doctors, my mother and finally Barbara who was sweating like never before in her life.

Her look showed how tired she was from struggling to bring this baby she held in her arms into the world.

"Uwaah! Uwaah! Uwaah! Uwaah! Uwaah! Uwaah!"

A small, but intense cry came from the blanket over her arms.

"Alvin, come closer to meet the fruit of our love."

She said smiling I was smiling too.

I straightened my tie as if I was getting ready to meet an important client.

As I reached the place where my mother was standing I finally saw him.

My son.

"Say hi to daddy. Little girl."

Or so he was supposed to be.

A little girl.

She... had a girl.

Not a boy.

Barbara had our first child, which is a girl.

For a second, an anger invaded my body, but because my smile was frozen, I couldn't change it to one of anger.

My hands stopped because I really wanted to do something to that baby.

"What's wrong Alvin? Your daughter is waiting for you to take her."

"Ah, sorry mother. But it's just that my body was frozen with emotion, I feel like she would fall over if I took her."

"Geez Alvin, you are really clumsy for these moments hahaha."

My parents as the doctors laughed.

I grabbed the bed and stared at Barbara.

It almost seemed like she knew what I was thinking, but what she believed.

"I'm sorry dear, I know how much you wanted your first child to be a boy."

"But don't worry, once my body is better and rested, we'll try again. Besides, I don't mind if we have up to ten children."

"Barbara-chan, don't underestimate children, when they grow up your chances of wanting more will be reduced."

"That may be, but I promised my husband that I would give birth to his heir and I will do that. So I took nine girls to get him last to be a boy."

She looked at the baby tenderly unlike me.

"... I guess the name Elias you wanted to name the baby will be postponed for now."

"But don't worry, I have a name that will fit this baby girl perfectly."

She had already told me that name, but I didn't expect her to mean that name.

"The story I told you years ago, the name of that princess looks like the one you wanted, Elizabeth was her name."

"So that will be this little girl's name, but..."

She used all her strength to lift the baby.

"Just like me, I don't want her to have something that reminds her of her other family, so like my name I'll shorten hers."

"That name would be?"

My father asked her and Barbara with a smile said.

"Elize."

"Elize von Rosenberg will be called from today."

"Elize, say hello to your grandparents."

"Oh, Elize-chan! That's a wonderful name."

"It's true honey. Come on Elize-chan, look at your grandmother."

My whole family was happy, even Glenn congratulated me on her.

But I wasn't.

(Why did it have to be a girl?)

(Was it so hard for you to give me a boy, Barbara?)

(Now when it's the next meeting of the dukes, I'm sure they'll laugh at me, they've all had a male heir as their first child.)

(The bastard Granville and Fitzclarence are the ones who will enjoy most my impotence. And it's all thanks to you Elize!)

◇◇

The monthly meeting of the dukes went off without a hitch.

I was behind my father who was still the head.

Some dukes withdrew as in the case of Luinberg and Carlyle who gave him up without any problem to their heirs.

Some others have not been placed as new head because they are not yet ready or must wait for the current head to resign.

Once the meeting was over, I planned to leave with my father right away.

"Hey Rosenberg junior."

"I heard your son was born already."

"Ah wait, it's not a boy, its a girl. Pupupu!"

Casimiro, the Granville heir was laughing at me.

The other dukes were hiding their smiles, except for Fitzclarence.

"A girl?"

"When Jake was born I thought he was a girl because of the way he looked, but thanks to my intellectual genes he was born a boy to inherit our territory."

"It's not like I want to have a second one either seeing what it cost me to make one..."

"What are you whispering Fahren?"

"It's nothing!"

I was alone with him before I knew it.

Unlike the others, with Granville I can show a side that I wouldn't with the others, that's because this family has such a bad reputation, any lie told by them would be a lie to everyone.

"What's so funny, pig?"

"I had a daughter and not a boy, it's true. But yours came out as a piglet, besides what asshole would call his son Dingo, are you an idiot?"

"Pupupu, don't be a sore loser Rosenberg, I just wanted to get your attention."

"What for?"

"The truth is that when my father gives me the power of the territory, I'll do things he forbade me to do."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"What I want is to ask you to help me with some territory management problems. This is a matter that only another head of a duchy can discuss."

"Unlike those three idiots, including Carlyle, only you and Mercury can help me."

"But since the academy my relationship with him is not going well and that leaves only you as a last resort."

What he was saying didn't interest me.

I also don't want people to create rumors that I'm friends with this pig.

On the other hand, this feeling of anger I have I must put out.

It will be a good way to do it, helping him to make things go wrong for him.

"Okay, but it will be in an hour, I'll go tell my father that the palace wants to ask for my help for some work involving the family."

"Okay."

I left and after telling my father I went to the place where Granville told me.

A new hotel belonged to the Iscariot family.

As I entered, I found Granville waiting for me.

"Oh you are early, I thought you would come late and I ordered something to eat. Let's go to our meeting room."

I surveyed the surroundings, it was very strange all around.

"This hotel is strange, the windows are closed and covered in black."

"I don't see any guests and there is too much security."

Granville told me something I never imagined could happen.

"Yes, that's because this place is a hideout for several members of the black crows."

I stopped without hesitation, cold sweat running down my body.

"Black crows... you said?"

We got to the room and he told me to go inside, unlike before, his expression was now terrified.

"That's right, I'll explain inside, come on."

When I walked in, the place was beautiful and elegant.

You could tell at a glance that everything was of the highest quality.

I sat down on the couch and he in front of me.

"You want to explain to me what's going on here?"

He lit his extremely expensive cigar and after savoring it, he answered me.

"Yes, to begin with I wanted your help."

"Currently among the dukes the one who possesses the most influence, economic and social power is you, the Rosenberg’s."

"I would like you to help us."

"Are you asking me to help criminals?"

"Don't you know the stories behind that group?"

"I do. In fact, for generations the Granville Household has taken it upon itself to support them."

"The goal of the Black Crows is to create a new country. A country that dominates everything from the shadows, they will devour the entire world."

"They will not cause anything to be lost, everything will remain the same, but with a single ruler. The two-faced crow-sama."

"That person will be the one who will take over the new world and all of us who serve him will have total immunity, we will be untouchable."

The words this guy was saying were surprisingly mind-blowing.

I really seemed to be listening to a madman prophesying his bizarre religion.

"Rosenberg. Unlike the other current heirs, you are the only one who does not show which side you wish to follow."

"You don't support the emperor or Adlet or any other prince or princess who was denied the possibility of losing the throne."

"Think of this as an opportunity. When the empire falls into the hands of the leader, the rebel dukes will be eliminated."

"I can guarantee that four of them will be wiped out, only you, me and Mercury would be left."

"That guy would surely join, they're known as the snakes that always change sides for a reason."

"What will you do, tell me?"

"You can tell everyone what you heard here, it doesn't matter what you do because no one will believe you."

"The influence of the black crows is inside the palace."

"Marquis Olgren is indeed part of it and one of the important leaders. No matter what you say, no one will believe you as they will be sure to deny it."

I kept thinking about what he said.

Truth be told, I don't care at all about the fate of the empire or the emperor.

I only care about my own survival and that of my territory.

I would never dare to let my heritage be destroyed.

Above all...

(This feeling I feel, I am seeing that I have again the opportunity to do what I want and having perfect excuses.)

I smiled in happiness seeing that I could do what I was hiding so much.

"Hmph. I thought long and hard and decided that I won't be a member. But, I didn't say I couldn't be either."

"I want to remain neutral, let's say, in case something goes wrong and you guys go down."

"You could accuse me, but you would have no evidence. Just as I could accuse you when it all goes wrong."

"After all, I'm sticking my neck out here."

Granville stared at me with a dumb look on his face to the point where his cigar fell to the floor.

He burst out laughing loudly after that.

"Hahahahahaha! You're funny Rosenberg, the leader sent me a letter telling me to try to recruit you, said it saw something in you that could be of use to us."

(Does your leader know me?)

(That means it's inside the palace, most likely a high position among the ministers.)

"Very well. I accept what you say, it will not be part of us, but neither will you betray us, and for that I want you to help me to prove that you really mean it."

"As you may know, the lawless city is in my territory."

"There is an idiot there named Gerhard who is the one who rules that city. He said that the amount of humans growing up in the commoners' district is increasing more and more."

"He told me to look for a way to reduce their number because his people can't eat that many."

(Do they practice cannibalism?)

"I think so too. The nobles and rich people say that the number of paupers is growing more and that scares them, I want to make them all happy. What do you suggest I do?"

I gave him a suggestion after watching him eat like a pig.

"How about a disease?"

"A flu or something like that, just affect the adults and the kids can grow up without a problem."

"Can something like that be done?"

"Umm, I think Gerhard can brew their blood as poison and spread it on the adults' meals, it will take time, but we'll do it."

"You're really helpful Rosenberg."

"Anyway, take me home."

A couple of years later I heard of a disease that hit the poor district of the city ley, killing almost all the adults.

Not my problem, I just suggested it.

◇◇

Time went by really fast when you don't realize it.

I was working in my father's office, I was still not the head of the family due to the fact that my father wants to stay in the position until he dies.

He said that so I can spend time with my family, which he couldn't do often.

His intentions are good, but it's not like I want it.

"Daddy~."

As usual, Elize burst into the office.

She turned four years old and has become a very beautiful girl.

She is almost a copy of her mother. No, she is a miniature copy of Barbara.

The mole under her lip is the only trait she didn't inherit from her, from me she hasn't inherited anything it seems.

Elize jumped on me and I caught her.

"H-Hello Elize, what's wrong?"

"I want to play with daddy. Let's go play in the tea house."

"Sure...let me finish this first."

"No! Now I want to play with daddy!"

"..."

I was really getting angry, I see what she inherited from me, my stubbornness.

Just like my childish self, she is bossy.

I can't believe the most irritable thing this child inherited.

I simply want to say "Shut up Elize, just shut up".

Unlike Barbara, Elize is not a doll like her.

I have no feelings for her.

Just Barbara is my little pebble in my shoe.

I thought this as she climbed on my back, I feel like I'm getting older just because of her.

(I wish someone would play with her so she would leave me alone.)

Suddenly the door burst open.

"Young master!"

Glenn walked in very exasperated.

It was rare to see an expression on the face of someone like him, in fact, his black hair had already turned almost entirely gray.

"What's wrong Glenn?"

I asked him, as it was rare to see him like that.

He informed me something that totally destroyed me.

"The lady... Barbara-sama... she..."

What Glenn said made me rush to the hospital immediately, Elize stayed with the servants since my parents were at the hospital.

We hurried to get there and finally arrived at Barbara's room.

For some reason, I felt I shouldn't open the door.

But I did it anyway.

There stood the doctors and nurses with downcast looks on their faces, my parents were comforting Barbara who was covered with sheets.

After taking a step, I found something out of place.

Barbara came to the hospital to give birth to our new son.

Unlike the previous time, this time I made sure they found out the gender of the baby, it was a boy.

The weird thing here, there was no baby.

Besides them, to the far side, there was a table with a white blanket covering something.

I walked over to the table and before removing the blanket.

"I'm sorry Alvin..."

I heard Barbara's whiny voice.

Regardless of what she said, I removed the blanket.

Then I saw it.

The doctor came up to me to explain.

"There are very tragic times like this. Where the umbilical cord wraps around the neck before birth."

"I can only express my deepest sympathy."

"...How long ago did this happen?"

"She was admitted to the hospital yesterday, in the early morning some normal pains started and in the midst of those pains something had to happen inside what ended up like this."

"I see..."

I turned and walked over to Barbara.

My parents just hugged me, and then Barbara pulled off the sheet and said the same words.

She held out her arms, thinking I would hug her.

But I did something I didn't think I was capable.

From the depths of my being, I said what I never thought to say to her outside of myself.

"This is your fault, you idiot woman. You can't do something right for once in your life."

I didn't even think to say it, and if I had planned to it would have been in a hushed voice.

But my voice was so loud that everyone heard me.

Barbara's face showed an idiot expression that she couldn't understand what I said.

My face that was always smiling was disfigured at last.

"Al...vin..."

She said.

I turned and left without looking back.

Thanks to my wife, I won't be able to brag to the idiot dukes about my heir.

Not only that, I won't be able to show my face and they will surely laugh at me because my wife is responsible for losing our son.

Barbara, I will make sure you pay for this humiliation.

But I can't now, I have to take this out on someone...

I know.

I will use the black crows and the palace to fight each other.

It's the only real way to calm me down.

◇◇

After that day, I started to cause indirect conflicts between the palace and the black crows.

I used the information Granville gave me and then gathered information from people involved from the palace.

For example, a guy named Arks lost his family due to the black crows. I can't say if it was my fault as this happened so fast that I doubt I was responsible because I was just investigating that guy.

Then there is Marquis Olgren and a merchant named Seburg whom I planted false leads to start a fight involving merchants.

This also benefited my territory on the merchant side.

Corrupt nobles are not a problem, recently a dwarf named Glynn has asked me for many financial help for his territory, I heard he will be assigned to serve a prince that would benefit me a lot.

Of course, all this I can't do alone.

That's why I asked someone who always puts family before his life, Glenn is now my right hand man since my father can no longer manage the territory.

Glenn has taken it upon himself to do what I said so as not to leave evidence that I am responsible.

From blackmail to bribes.

I'm enjoying my life like I never would have imagined before.

"Today is a great day."

That's what I was saying as I enjoyed the beautiful afternoon today.

"My lord, please come."

Said Glenn who already looked like an old man.

The young man with the serious expression was now a wrinkled old man.

The years had indeed taken their toll on him.

But I was equally happy, the reason was obvious.

"I'm coming."

My parents contracted heart disease, it seems to be a normal occurrence in old age.

My mother left this world about four months ago.

I walked into the room and there was my father, he didn't look healthy at all anymore or in his golden years.

He was just an old man who at any moment would kick the bucket like a stray dog.

Inside were doctors, servants and my family.

Barbara showed no signs of life since that day, but after my mother's death she started going out more, but she looks too thin.

Even her youthful face is beginning to show signs of a mature age.

Me too, my youth was fading little by little every year.

But I'll think about that later.

Elize─ Eli saw me and came running to me.

"Daddy!"

I call her Eli now because if Barbara calls her Elize it's something she decided, I don't want to call her the same, so I'll call her even more cut off her name, Eli.

"Daddy! Grandpa doesn't react like he used to, what's wrong with him?"

"Eli, your father needs to talk to your grandfather alone."

"Why? I want Grandpa to hold me like before."

"Eli... please..."

Barbara took the little girl and after greeting me, she left.

Our relationship has changed a bit since then.

Apparently she thinks I'm angry because she lost the baby, I stopped being angry a long time ago.

But the look of sadness on her face leaves me very happy, so I decided to torment her further by bringing in women and having her watch from a continuous room as her husband enjoyed himself with another woman.

I did this only to make her sink even deeper into her misery.

I approached my father the others left the room.

Apparently, it was time.

"Father, is it really that serious?"

He coughed suddenly.

"Alvin, my son. I'm sorry you saw me in this embarrassing appearance."

"But this is the natural flow of things."

"I wish your mother had gone before me, or that we had both gone together."

"Don't say that father, mother's death is something I will never get over. I don't want to lose you too."

I shed tears that even I didn't think I still had.

My father stroked my head.

"Alvin, you are a good son. You are my pride, the Rosenberg Household will have problems as all our predecessors have had."

"That is why the head of the house needs his faithful companion to help him in times of crisis. Tell Barbara-chan to stop being like this, you know it was no one's fault that tragedy."

Let's lie a little.

"I've told her father, but she won't stop thinking about that day, I don't know what to do to make her stop being like that."

"Spend time with her, talk, and cry, couples need to let out what's inside them to stand out of trouble."

My father coughed again, this time it was serious as even blood was coming out.

I am beginning to wonder, is it really a normal illness or will it be the same one that was released in the poor district of the lawless city.

"I don't have much time left, listen carefully to my last words."

"Don't say that father!"

"Tell them all to come in."

"...Glenn, tell my wife and daughter to come in, you too."

They entered and my father raised his right hand.

"This red ring like the roses symbolizes the position of the head of the family. Only a head can wear it and my time is up."

"Alvin, from now on you will be the new head of the family. I leave the dukedom in your hands."

Barbara and Glenn started to cry, Eli only understood that my father was saying strange things and also cried.

For my part, I was trying to hide my smile.

(Finally. My day finally came, I just had to wait until this old man was dying.)

"Alvin..."

Said my father, I looked at him to see.

"Stop doing those things that evil voice tells you, you will harm your family... if you keep this up..."

Those words left me with no response.

Apparently father always knew what I was doing.

Did Glenn tell him?

I don't think so. Glenn is a tomb, he'll never say anything even if he's tortured.

But it doesn't matter.

Father said that and then closed his eyes, never to open them again.

"Otou-sama..."

"Richard-sama..."

"Grandpa! Open your eyes! Grandpa!"

Everyone else was sad except for me.

(At last, it took a long time but I'm finally the head of the family.)

(Father, mother, enjoy the place where you are.)

(Because now I will make this place my personal paradise.)

◇◇

After my father's death I was invited to the palace to have a party in my honor after being named the new duke.

I am now Duke Rosenberg.

It feels very good to say it.

So I will go alone, Glenn will accompany me because it is necessary to always have a servant.

Barbara said she wanted to go with Eli, but I said.

"It'll be boring, it'll just be a bunch of old people congratulating me and we'll drink cheap glasses of champagne."

"It's better if you and Eli stay here and spend time together."

"Uh, but..."

Barbara has been reluctant lately, she doesn't listen to me anymore, she seems to want to do things that benefit Eli more than me.

This I remember my mother saying, "A mother will always prioritize her children over her husband."

It's very annoying, but I know how to cope.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and commented.

"Please wait for me, when I come back, the three of us will spend time together."

Unlike before, the light in her eyes revived.

"If that's what you say... then we'll wait for you honey."

"All right, see you."

Apparently I hadn't lost my touch.

I told Glenn to go quickly and before I knew it we arrived at the venue.

There were the dukes and many nobles there, the prime minister came in place of the emperor and gave me his greetings.

The other dukes also, Granville being the last.

"It is a pleasure to finally see you as the new duke."

"Thank you. It took your time."

"I know this is not the time for it, but there is a nobleman who serves me that I would like you to meet."

A bespectacled man approached.

"Nice to meet you Duke Rosenberg, I'm Count Carmichael."

"Of course. So, what do you want?"

The count scratched his head searching for how to say his words.

"You see, Duke Granville told me that you are someone who forms not directly as an ally of the Black Crows."

"That is correct."

"I'm not looking for any favors, I'd just like it if I could be your vassal."

"Why?"

"You see, I'm someone who very much enjoys making children laugh and I heard you have a daughter."

"I would like to be able to leave gifts for her as I am a man who very much enjoys seeing the innocence of─"

"Shut up."

I told him to shut his mouth immediately.

"Now I remind you, as a kid I was made to go to a birthday party for a guy named Carmichael."

"The problem with that is that on that day at the end of the party it was reported that the son of a baron was never found."

"Not only that, recently there have been reports of missing girls from commoner families. They all belong precisely to your territory."

"You must not say anything to me. I may not love my daughter, but I won't let a bug like you dare mess with Rosenberg blood. You hear!"

I threw that idiot out of the place, I'd better not see him again.

At the same time, I cut my ties with Granville.

◇◇

Glenn informed me of something I've been looking forward to.

"Of all the employees, servants and knights working at the mansion, only one meets the requirements you asked for."

I told Glenn to take care of finding a playmate for Eli, she is really annoying and won't let me work in peace.

Her playmate must be from this house, it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl, she must be on the property and finally she must be the same age as her.

Apparently not all employees have children, some have older children or newborns.

I looked at the document he handed me.

"Roland Bartlet? Who is that?"

"Yes. He's the gardener who's been working with us for 10 years."

"Apparently he will soon reach the 100 years required for his family to be listed as a baron."

"And this Bartlet fellow does a good job?"

"Without a doubt. Besides, he's someone you can't easily forget."

"Is he ugly?"

"I never forget ugly people."

"I wouldn't know. But he's someone whose size can easily be compared to a bear."

"Ah, I remembered!"

"That huge guy who looks like an ogre?"

"That's right."

"I can't believe a super-grown gorilla like him has a wife."

"Well, interview him and see if he's not a threat to Eli. If he's not you can tell him to bring his daughter to play with her."

"A child is, my lord. He has a son about the young lady's age."

"A brat? Umm..."

(A gardener's son playing with the daughter of a great nobleman like me. It sounds very degrading, but Eli is a nuisance and I can't work, so I'll just have to put up with it.)

"I said myself that it didn't matter that it wasn't a girl, anyway. Anything else you have to report to me?"

"Yes. Very soon it will be the anniversary of little Otto's passing, your wife started to get depressed and locked herself in her room."

"Just like last year she will take a while to come out. I suggest you spend time with her, you can leave all the paperwork to me─"

"Glenn, that's not necessary. Unlike the death of my parents, an anniversary for someone who wasn't born is irrelevant, I'm over it, and she should be too."

"I understand that, but your wife around this time is when she needs you─"

"Glenn."

I stared at Glenn's annoyed, he had a sad expression on his face, and I couldn't enjoy it because he was angry.

"I said. Go on."

"...Yes."

"Last and most importantly, the link between the current generation of the Rosenberg’s and the palace was finally selected."

"It has been decided that soon, Elize ojou-sama will be engaged to the third crown prince, Prince Regulux."

"Third prince? Shouldn't he be a young man by now?"

"Apparently this third as well as fourth prince are special cases where their mothers are the emperor's favorite women, with the third prince's mother being the new empress."

"I see. So that time came where the palace wants to strengthen ties with the dukes."

"You heard him Eli."

Glenn turned around and found Eli behind him.

"How long ago did you arrive lady?"

"She's been there since the beginning."

"Don't worry, Eli doesn't understand who we were referring to just now."

"Daddy, what's this about engaged?"

Eli came up to me and I felt déjà vu as I held her.

"Well, it's kind of like the relationship your mom and dad have, but from a young age."

"So this is what the stories say about being a wife?"

"Basically."

"Yes!"

"Daddy will be my husband!"

"Hahaha no, Eli. Your husband will be a young boy named Regulux, he's a prince from this country."

"A prince?!"

Her naivety made me want to laugh so much.

"That's right, it will be something like your mom and dad's story."

"Yes!"

"I'm going to be a wife like mommy."

"Don't forget you'll have a playmate very soon."

"Yes! More presents!"

Sometimes she would get a smile out of me, because of how incredulous she is.

◇◇

Eli's 8th birthday came and there were several problems.

The first one being that she was very spoiled on that day.

This had not happened before.

She was demanding that this boy by the name of Razel, a very ugly brat by the way, come to her party.

His father had terminated his contract with us and left the territory, so we couldn't look for him.

The second problem was this.

"What the hell is this?"

Almost immediately after her birthday I got a letter.

The letter read as follows.

"To Alvin von Rosenberg-sama. I inform you that within 24 hours, knights and palace officials will surround your house."

"The reason for this is because you for several years have been secretly collaborating with the Black Crows, including provoking acts of internal wars between them and the palace."

"However, your charges are much worse and among the officials there are undercover agents, the goal is to silence you."

"At the moment the palace, led by the prime minister is reviewing all the information that Duke Luinberg has gathered about you."

"There are several testimonies including the help of Dukes Wimlet, Fitzclarence, Carlyle, Mercury and even Granville, you have no escape."

"I am only one person who has been a great admirer of yours for a long time, I do not want anything to happen to you and I really wish you to be safe."

"You must seize the opportunity now and flee the country with only the important possessions."

"Among those investigations is what happened to the commoners of the lawless city, where the mother of the fourth prince and favorite concubine of the emperor, passed away thanks to you."

"This is not a game. Flee as soon as possible. I wish you well."

So said the letter.

"..."

"This is a joke, isn't it?"

"It must be. This is all so unreal, it's impossible for it to be true."

I was feeling my pressure drop to such a degree that I almost fainted.

Glenn was with me in the room.

I handed him the letter to read.

His throat was in a lump from what he wanted to say.

All he could do was ask.

"Is this really true my lord, did you make contact with the black crows?"

"That is not what matters. It is the rest, find out at once whether it is true or not what is written there."

As soon as the sun had risen, there was plenty of time to find out if it was true or not.

I waited until Glenn returned from the palace.

I received a call directly to my office.

"Glenn?"

I waited for someone to answer, sure enough, it was him.

"My lord, I'm sorry."

"...!"

With those simple apologies, I could understand that the letter doesn't lie.

"I-it's real then..."

"I have not been told anything, but the truth is that the palace is in a big meeting where there is no minister I thought, I heard from a maid that she was able to see a document that dealt with you and a link of swindling many nobles."

"... I see. Return at once."

"Understood..."

After hanging up the call. I immediately hit the table.

"Damn you!"

"Damn you all!"

"Damn you Luinberg!"

"I never thought you would be the worst threat of all."

I bit my finger thinking about what to do.

(No matter what this looks like, I'm screwed.)

(No matter what I say or do, many in the palace are corrupt or spies. They will be sure to bring me down.)

(Worst of all, I'll be a laughing stock.)

(No. That's the least of it, my life is in danger.)

Then I remembered the words of the letter.

"Run away."

"That's right, I'm going to run away."

But not only that, I must flee and leave a scapegoat.

I opened the door and there sat in the distance were my wife and daughter.

"There is no better assurance that I will return than them. That's what they will surely believe."

Sorry Eli and Barbara, but it's time to say goodbye.

◇◇

My bags were packed, I had a lot of money in them.

Glenn who was with me in the office said with a sad face.

"My lord, if you say you are really innocent and it is a mistake, then you should stay and fight for your innocence."

"It may be painful at first, but I guarantee that in the end justice will prevail and you will be a free man."

"Your family will not be able to tolerate your leaving just like that."

"Glenn, haven't I told you before?"

"A dog should only bark when his master tells him to! Just shut up and do as I tell you!"

"...Yes, as you command."

He was clearly against my decision, but I don't care. This is the only way to save my skin.

It really hurts me not to go back, my family will bear that guilt.

At least I'll live, they will too, so everyone happy.

"It's a shame to leave all this. I hope the palace understands that you're looking for the wrong man."

"Is Carmichael's car ready yet?"

"Yes, he's waiting for it."

Since I need help, I can't ask my relatives or acquaintances, I must use an outsider, someone who if he falls I wouldn't care what will happen to him.

I told Carmichael that he could visit Eli any time after today, I already introduced him to them so they wouldn't doubt him.

"Alright, it's time to go."

I went outside and walked to the entrance where they were waiting for me.

"Darling, where are you going in such a hurry?"

"A business trip in a hurry. I'm sorry, but it will be a while before I get back."

"Can't we go with you? It's been a long time since we've had a family vacation."

"I'd love to, but I'll be meeting with important people and we'll spend it drinking and it'll be boring for you."

"I understand, hopefully you can come back soon."

(Believe me I wish that too.)

After I said goodbye to Barbara, Eli who was jumping around like a flea followed me.

"Daddy, Daddy, will you bring me a present?"

(Until the end, you'll still be a spoiled brat, huh?)

"I will. I'll get you something nice."

Glenn opened the door for me, in the distance, I could see Carmichael's limo, and before getting out, I looked at Glenn so he would understand to be quiet.

He nodded like any good obedient dog.

Before leaving, I looked to see my wife and daughters.

The poor idiots have no idea what's to come, but at the same time, I feel sad that I won't be able to see them again.

"Fare thee well dear."

"Come back soon daddy!"

I'm sorry, but this will be the last time we will see each other.

◇◇◇

"─That's my tragic story of how I ran away leaving the life I had created."

"Isn't that a tragic story?"

*Vomit*

Razel had vomited on the floor.

He was crying too.

Alvin was looking at him in confusion.

"What's wrong with you? Did you eat something that made you intoxicated?"

"You..."

"I thought you were a fucking scumbag, but now I realized my mistake."

"You're just a fucking monster! You're not human! You're a monster with a human face!"

"Every word spoken by you, it's like listening to the story of a killer who delights in describing how he tormented his victims and toyed with them."

"You didn't just delight in treating them badly. You dared to ruin their lives."

"You have no idea what Barbara and Eli suffered after you left!"

"You left hell for them! Your own family! Your wife! Your little girl! You made them experience hell on their own flesh for almost a decade!"

"How the hell do you feel about that?"

"Nothing."

Razel was putting pieces together in his head.

Everything that had happened to them outside of the game, had such a heinous context that it seemed to have been done by a ghoulish hand that just wanted to make those two suffer.

Mother and daughter, who were not to blame for anything, ended up experiencing an unjust punishment because of the man they both loved.

In addition, that man was just now saying what his heart was hiding.

With a disinterested expression, he said those cold words.

"I didn't feel anything. I don't feel anything anymore."

"I don't care if Barbara or Eli experienced hell because of me, it's their fault for denying that I'm to blame."

"They were able to leave and abandon the Rosenberg name, they were able to live quietly as commoners."

"For that reason, I feel nothing about what they experienced."

"Should I feel anything? Laughter perhaps?"

Razel gritted his teeth so hard that blood came out in spurts.

"Are you serious?"

While Alvin without hesitation told him.

"It took me a couple of years to figure it out. My family was a hindrance, they were a shackle for me, they limited me a lot."

"Not just my family, my parents, the duchy, the empire itself."

"All of them were a shackle that didn't let me show my true self. I was holding back out of fear, I was scared, now I'm not."

"I am free to do what I want."

"I will be able to fulfill my genuine desire."

Alvin exclaimed raising his arms as if he wanted to fly, a macabre smile appeared on his face.

"To crush everything is my wish. Let there be nothing but a trace of what once was, that is my wish."

"Barbara is no longer the doll I must break. The whole world is."

"Now that I'm rid of my humanity I can stop limiting myself in my desires."

His sinister eyes looked at Razel with elation.

"I came to this country after a long time to take revenge."

"First I took revenge on those who sold me to the empire as soon as I escaped, as the holy kingdom and Ideal."

"The holy kingdom sold me after learning of my capture order, thanks to a fire that occurred I was able to escape."

"Then I went to Ideal where another fire helped me escape."

"I had no choice but to return to the empire because I had no more money, I wanted to contact Glenn, but there were knights lurking around the place."

"As if by fate I ended up in a strange cave where I was greeted by the Grapplers."

"They took me to that person and offered me two paths. Go back and face my sins, or stay and be a guinea pig for him."

"As a result I lost my body with the exception of my brain. The other gratifying thing is that person treats me like a subordinate."

"That person is aiming for something very big and even I can't do anything. But it's none of my business, I'm only interested in ending everything that tied me to this country."

"The duchy and my family, those two to be exact."

"...!"

"You... you want to eliminate your own family?"

Razel already knew the answer, but he couldn't believe how this man could say those words so openly.

"I was able to eliminate Luinberg with no problem, I failed to eliminate the emperor and the duchy. But no matter, I'll use Zapp or the twins to finish them off."

*Sigh*

"I planned for that day to be like the day how I became a duke, celebrate it with my father's death, but it will take longer than required."

Despite his sad tone, Alvin didn't really care.

He looked at Razel and said what they were both waiting for.

"For some time now I've been spying on you."

"I know it was you who saved the duchy, I really wanted to get to know you."

"What you did is something I never expected to see."

"Plus you took the opportunity to get engaged to my daughter and get your ugly hands on my wife."

"Being honest, I wanted to know what you see in an old woman like Barbara on the verge of getting pregnant."

"The spy drones watched everything, I can only say that Barbara really stooped too low for a man like you to get her pregnant."

"Not just her, Eli too, Regulux was a better choice regardless."

"There's only one thing left to say."

Alvin smiled for Razel to see.

"Such pitiful women."

"I can't stand it anymore!"

He threw not one, but several lightning spears at Alvin who dodged them without even paying attention.

Razel stood up and pointed his bloody fist at Alvin.

His expression emanated different emotions.

Sadness, anger, fear, nausea and, above all, contempt.

"You are just like them, the same kind of people from my previous life."

"You enjoy tormenting others, but you don't like it when they do the same to you. You run away like a bitch when they corner you."

"You're not a man, you're scum."

"The only good thing in all your wretchedness is the child you fathered with the one who is now my woman."

"That's why I decided to free them from their past."

"I'll make sure they get ahead and live the happiness you took from them."

"Alvin. You're going to pay for your sins right now!"

"I will shred you to the last fiber of your being!"

With that declaration of war, Alvin rejoiced.

"What a coincidence."

"That person ordered me to eliminate you, you are a very dangerous variable, says. It's so lazy that it doesn't want to leave its hiding place."

"But the goal of this mission is not my revenge, but for Amy to develop her powers to the point of being the strongest mage on the planet."

"Once I kill you, I will personally go to those two and tell them I came back to torture them."

Razel swooped in to attack him using Raijin phase 1.

“Alviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!”

While Alvin himself just laughed as he threw his fist.

"You fucking braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!"

◇◇◇

Elsewhere inside the ship, the demon king Desmond was hearing everything through some speakers.

In his hands lay some robots.

Desmond's expression was the same as always.

But right now, his murderous rage was permeating the place.

More robots were approaching, Desmond took off his coat and with a full red face said as he pulverized them.

"Where the hell is that guy!"

"I'll go kill him myself!"

Desmond had listed Alvin as a maximum elimination target.

To remind you of the names mentioned in the past.

Duke Granville gets his comeuppance in vol. 4 for betraying the empire, so he got his karma.

Arks is a character mentioned in vol. 3 and 6, the guy whose family was killed and blames the corruption of the empire, but who was actually Olgren, being indirectly manipulated by Alvin.

Iscariot is the nobleman who appears in vol. 1, the one who ate part of Razel's shoulder and thus lost his sensitivity to pain.

In vol. 6 a guy named Grin comes out, but now he is Glynn, this guy was swindled by Alvin and belonged to the vassals of Regulux, he got what he deserved for hating Eli and his mother because of Alvin.

Cid now has someone to hate since we know who killed his mother, will Razel tell him?

Seburg is the merchant who is part of the rebels who want to overthrow the empire and in the last vol, we saw how they left him cold.

Whoever is the mastermind behind it all is someone who must be worse than Alvin.

To end I leave the final fanservice of the son of a bitch father-in-law.

Arguably this is the first story where an NTR is not only more than justified but also tasteful.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/6950592

1