Chapter 2
38 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luxair, or Lux to his friend, is a man who lived in a country called Luxembourg. Yes, lived. He did not live in Luxembourg anymore or even on Earth. Luxair died from a heart attack before he got a second chance in life.

How did he get that second chance? He makes a deal with an unknown being called Mr. T. He still remembers it like it was yesterday.

~Flashback~

"Hmmm? Where am I?"

Lux looked around in confusion. Right now, he is in the middle of infinite darkness. The only thing he can see is his naked body. He decides to explore the Void by floating around aimlessly. He did not know how long he had been floating around aimlessly.

Second? Minute? Hour? Maybe a day? Or a week? Or even a month? Lux did not know. All he knows is that he continues to move around the Void, searching for something new. He continues to wander inside the Void until someone appears not too far away from him.

This figure has the shape of a male human. He is wearing a kaleidoscope-colored suit and pants of the same color. He looks around for a few seconds before his eyes land on Lux and widens his eyes.

The man floats toward Lux, who tries to say something, but he can't do it to his surprise.

"You… " The man looked at Lux while saying, "How can you be in this place?"

Lux tries to explain how he got into this place, but he can't say anything just like before. However, instead of being confused at what he is saying, the man in front of him understands what he is trying to say.

"So you are dead, huh? However, instead of getting into a field of judgment and getting your judgment, you arrive in this place? Hmmm, how interesting. You are not supposed to be here."

Lux looks at the man in front of him who has yet to introduce himself and asks him the reason why he is not supposed to be here. He thought that this place was hell, and currently, he is tortured from loneliness.

"Oh! Where is my manner? My name is Krohuk-Liaune if we use your tongue. I'm the God of Darkness, Chaos, and Void."

Lux tilted his 'head' and said that Krohuk is rather polite of a God of Chaos.

"No. No. You have a misconception, my dear boy. Chaos is not what you are thinking. Chaos and Order are the two sides of the same coin. Without one, the other will cease to exist. I like to cause Chaos, but I will not ignore Order either. I'm not some lunatic many humans portray me to be."

Lux nodded his head in understanding.

"Anyway, your soul should get destroyed when you get in here. There is a reason why the Void is called the palace of madness and Chaos. A normal soul cannot withstand it, and they will get destroyed from the pressure."

He nods his head once again in understanding before asking Krohuk what makes him so special that he can survive in this place.

"And that is what I want to know, my dear."

Krohuk gets closer to Lux and looks at him with a serious face. A moment later, he suddenly nodded and said.

"I understand now! Your soul is unique! Instead of getting your soul destroyed the moment you get in here, your soul absorbs the Void energy that is slowly crushing your soul. Very interesting."

Lux asks Krohuk what will happen to him if his body absorbs a large amount of Void energy.

"Well, you will explode. While your soul is unique, you still cannot contain a large amount of void energy inside of you."

Lux releases a 'sigh' and decides to accept his fate. He thanked Krohuk for telling him that and even telling him that it was nice to meet him.

"Wait, hold on. I can help you. A unique soul like you is something that I rarely encounter, even when I watch over five quadrillion universes. You are the only human soul that I find able to withstand the Void even for only a moment."

Lux looked at Krohuk for a few seconds before saying that he was interested in his offer. He then asks the God of Darkness about the thing he needs to do to pay for what he owes.

"Great! As for the thing you need to do… I need you to watch over a shop!"

He looks at the God of Chaos, asking if he is joking.

"Nope. This shop will appear to the people in need around the multiverse."

Why? Lux asked. He did not understand the reason why Krohuk decided to do it. After all, he is a God of Chaos, not the god of Order.

"What? Why does that bastard want to do what I do? Order is the main cause of Stagnation! Chaos is the one that makes things move forward. Too much Order, Stagnation will happen. Too much Chaos, extinction will happen. I need to keep that balance intact because someone decided to ignore it!"

Krohuk shouted the last part as his counterpart is the culprit behind his headache for not keeping the balance intact.

Lux nods his head and asks him how he became one of his agents.

"Really?! Thank you! You did not know how much work would be reduced by you accepting my offer. As for how, don't worry, leave it to me."

With a flick of his finger, Lux suddenly appeared in the middle of a room. He looks down and sees that he is not naked anymore. However, there is something wrong with his body. For intense, he remembers that he is not as tall as his current body. Second, he remembers that his body is not as ripe as his current body.

He looks around the room and sees there is a mirror on the wall near him. When he arrives in front of the mirror, he is greeted by a stranger instead of his previous face. Instead of having blond hair, his hair now becomes a light brown color. His eyes also change slightly. Previously, he had a darker shade of blue for his eyes, but now he has light blue eyes.

Lux continues to look at his reflection for a few seconds before he snaps from his thoughts when a floating paper appears next to him. He takes the paper and starts to read it.

"Dear Lux. Right now, you are on planet Earth, an exact copy of your Earth with a little bit of twist in it. Sadly, I can't make your original body as it can't contain the void energy inside your body. Lucky for you, I already made a new identity for you in this world, and you did not need to worry about identification. Right now, you are in Tokyo, Japan. Your new name is Lux Veldman, a Dutch-born man who studied abroad in Japan. After graduating from the University of Tokyo, you decide to open a shop to feed yourself. All the documents are on the desk behind you."

Lux looks at the desk behind him and sees a stack of paper behind him.

"Speaking of the shop, the place you are currently in is the shop I need you to take care of. This shop will appear in the world that needs some intervention in a world where there is no chaos and only Order or the world where Order almost wins. Your job is to provide the item they need to change the tide. How do I get those items? You may ask. Well, you need to get them yourself. I will not give them for free. I will help you get them, however. I will give you some gifts."

After reading that, the letter turned into a mote of light and got absorbed by Lux. After a few seconds, a blue hologram appeared in front of him.

|This is my gift to you!|

|I decided that a normal type of gift would be boring and decided to create this!|

|Dungeon Explorer!|

|This thing will let you get to a pocket dimension filled with monsters. For every monster you defeat, you will get some point. You can use this point to buy anytime you need in the shop section. Before we get to the shop section, let me tell you about what the point is and how it can make you more powerful.|

|The point in this context is the void energy inside your body. Every time you kill a monster, half of the void energy from the monster will be absorbed by you, and the other will be used as a currency for your shop.|

|This system has two functions. The first one is to make sure you did not explode from the excess amount of void energy. By absorbing a little bit of void energy, your body will have time to get used to it. The second reason is that I'm lazy. I decide to use the other half of the energy as the currency for the shop.|

The hologram in front of him changes into a small search box.

|This is where you buy the item for your shop! Search any item you want and it will be shown there. For now, you need a basic item! I will give you the one and only quest for you and some basic equipment inside your inventory. Speaking of inventory, say inventory out loud or inside your mind|

"Inventory"

After saying that, a black hole appeared in front of Lux.

|What is in front of you is your inventory. The size of this inventory is twenty by twenty meters big. The inventory will automatically sort itself so you can store as many items as you can. You can't store a living being here. That means no trees, animals, or even humans.|

|The last one is a dungeon! If you want to explore it, just say the dungeon out loud, and a portal will appear near you.|

|Good luck and have fun! I will visit you every year|

0