S1E2 – Tutorial [#10 Two]
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takemura Itsuki

“Do something, Itsuki!” The desperate face of Haruto was in front of my face as he cried for help.

“Do something, Itsuki!” The desperate feminine voice of the little girl holding to the boundary of the well cried as she tried not to fall down inside the dry well which was all dark inside.

I closed my eyes once and then opened them again. “Shit, why is it always her!” I thought as I looked at Haruto. I moved my left arm through his neck and moved his face to sink onto my shoulder. “Don’t worry, man. Stop panicking. We’ll get through this too.”

He was breathing heavily as he had his head under my shoulder. His whole face, forehead, and hair were filled with excess sweat of panic and fear which ran down his veins right then. He then nodded. “O-Okay, pal, okay.” He moved his head away, and then turned to his right at the Yeti who just stood there and looked at us angrily with his bare thick wet fangs and his furious eyes. The other one behind us stepped towards us again and the ground had a miniature earthquake beneath us again. I turned back at it, and then turned front at the one standing still. Then, Haruto pointed at his eyes and said seriously, “T-That one… T-That’s looking directly into the eyes of the-the one behind us, a-and not us.”

I observed his eyes and noticed that his eyes really were tilted a little upper than they should have been. I turned back and looked at the other one as I commented, “Then maybe the other one als—” I frowned as I looked at it. It was directly aiming at us. “No no no no no no no no. It’s directly looking at us. I’m sure.”

Haruto commented, “Y-Yeah.”

My eyes suddenly turned wide open. “I have an idea!” I shouted and turned at Haruto. I moved my right hand and held his left arm. “Trust me. This time, no one’s dying.” I turned left at the one standing still and looking at the other one with rage and started running towards it. Haruto unquestioningly followed me as he opened his mouth a little as we ran because he got the idea of what I was gonna do. The feet of the Yeti behind us started to run too and there were tremors all over as we ran down the lane. The other one in front of us too started running at us and the two disorderly shook the land as they two ran at each other. I looked at the giant feet running towards us, and with great determination on my face, thought, “Okay, we just need to not get crushed here.” Haruto was scared, but he didn’t stop and kept running behind me. I stepped on the ground, and the time suddenly slowed down as I looked at the giant running foot just on my right in front of me. I was exhaling out breath from my open mouth and my whole face and arms were covered in sweat as I seriously looked at it. I kept running, and the time sped up. We both ran beside his foot and ran down his body as fast as we could and went past him quickly and came out of the mess between them as we looked at the sun on top of us touching us with its soft sunlight as we continued running like hell for like a minute or so and didn’t look behind. Haruto turned his head backward and looked at the one showing its back to us moving his arm up as the other one looked at us angrily, and then getting his nose and mouth beaten up by that strong punch. Haruto then turned front again and looked at me breathing heavily as I ran with my hand holding his arm. We both then turned right inside a small lane between two narrow houses and stopped running. I was finally not running anymore. I stood inside the lane which was covered with the shadow of the houses and bent my back frontwards and held my knees. I started to breathe heavily and pant in and out repetitively on top of my lungs as my chest moved up and down insanely. Haruto behind me walked some steps at me and then sat down on the ground beside me. He crossed his legs, his thighs and legs exposed to the ground, and turned his head down as he panted heavily. He turned his head up at me, and I turned my head right at him. We both panted heavily as we looked into each other’s eyes seriously. “Thanks to you, man. If you’d never noticed the second one’s eyes, we’d have been dead.”

“No, thanks to you, pal. If you’d never planned what to do next, we’d have been dead.”

We both continued staring into each other’s faces, and then smiled and turned our heads down. I opened my mouth in happiness, and then straightened my back. I took in a breath again, and then exhaled as I looked at the street from where the sunrays came in from the next side of the lane in front of us. “Then let’s get through this shit together,” I said with a smile as I moved my open hand at him and looked at the bright end of the lane.

He held my hand, stood up, and turned right at the bright end too. “Let’s do it then!”

2