S1E3 – Into The Unknown [#21 The New World]
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takemura Itsuki

I opened my eyes, and looked at the greyish-blue sky on top, surrounded by the grey ruins of a superstructure all around my vision. I then closed my eyes again, and then opened them again. The image was still blurry. I blinked it twice or thrice, and then I moved my arm down my back to lift it up. My narrowed sleepy eyes looked to the front at the little brown shiny door of a cottage-like structure in front of us, with a lot of windows on its left. It was grey in color, and the paint had cracks in it. I moved my left hand up—my right hand was still on the ground behind my back—and I started scratching my long hair as I tilted my head down a little. I looked at the white tiles with irregular black and brown spots on them as a design. It was like someone has thrown paint on it to make a design, though beneath me was not paint. I turned my sleepy eyes up, and turned left. The left side had a large boundary of the house. I then turned right, and noticed the same large wall, painted with a very light shade of purple. “Where… am I?” I confusedly whispered as I scratched my head and looked at the wall surrounding us. I then turned my head back, and looked at a little well behind me. I looked at it for a second, clicked my tongue, and then my eyes widened. “Oh yes, we were isekai’d!” I then stood up on my shoes, and glanced at the other side of the well. I stepped around it and then crouched beside the sleeping body of Haruto. “Haruto!” I said as I crouched down in front of him. I shook his chest with my hands. “Haruto!” I shook him a little again, and then I saw his right hand moving up sleepily. He scratched his head, and then opened his eyes a little. “Haruto!”

“W-What…?”

“Wake up! Quick!”

I shook his body a little again, and he closed his eyes tightly. He raised his sleepy hands up and stretched his arms around the ground. He then moved his right hand down on the ground, and started to move his back up. He sat up on the ground, his legs spread open in front of him. He turned his head a little to the right at me. “Yeah?” He replied in his sleepy body.

“Do you remember what happened with us?” I asked.

He turned his head to the front, sat quietly for a second as he accessed the question, and then nodded with his sleepy head. “We jumped inside the well and we… Oh wait…” His eyes opened and then he turned his head at me in shock. “Where are we now?!”

“I-I guess… we’re where we were supposed to be…” I replied. I then stood up on the ground. I turned my head backward and looked at the same wall in front of us. “We’re stuck here, inside a house-like shit.”

“Well, what are we supposed to do, now that we’re here?” He asked as he stood up behind me, turned right to me, and looked at the same wall facing the house’s entrance where I was looking. I then turned my head down and looked at the same white tiles with that cheap design on them.

“You came later, right. Did he tell you any more information?” I asked as I turned my head back towards him.

“Not really, to be honest.”

I nodded, and then turned my head a little left at the house in front of us. Haruto turned to his back too and looked inside. “Maybe he’s given us this home to reside in.”

“Yeah, maybe,” Haruto commented back. “But from where do we go out?”

“I wanna go out too,” I replied. “I wanna explore this world for some time. What type of people live here, what do they do, how this society functions, and all that shit.”

Haruto turned his head front, frowned his eyebrows in suspicion, and asked, “When were you so interested in humanities?”

“I’m interested in the world-building, man,” I said as I turned my head up and looked at the blue sky. “It’s a new beginning for both of us.”

Haruto smiled and turned his head up too, looking at the blue sky. “… Yeah.”

I kept my hands on my waist and looked at Haruto. He turned his head down and front and looked into me. “So, then, let’s get inside that house and start exploring this game. Without exploration, we can never—”

“RAWRRRRRRRRR!”

A distant cry of an animal of sort cut my voice and I turned my head right, looking at the place from where it was coming from. The birds rose up in the sky, and I then noticed the valley just in front of the house rising up in height. From that green valley covered all over with the bushes and trees and other vegetation, there was a brown narrow path with flattened soil, covered with the bushes on all the sides. The narrow lane was just a dozen of dozen steps away from us. From that valley, suddenly some dark blackish-grey colored four-legged structures were visible to be running towards us. They were running at a fast pace as they moved their wild paws on the ground. They stepped on the ground and left their footmarks along with the irritated soil which was rising up beneath them as they ran at full pace. “W-W-What the heck is that now, Itsuki?!” Haruto asked me, his eyes open in shock and fright.

“Must be another shitty level of theirs, I think,” I replied.

“So do we have to find another sacred thingey here?!”

“No, kill ‘em,” Said a robotic voice, and I turned left at Haruto. He turned right at me, and we both looked at the same light blue and white colored circular logo rotating in between us. “And remember one thing, kiddos, that this time, I’m not gonna be the one to tell you both anything. You gotta do it yourself this time. You’re here in this world now, and you gotta survive all this shit on your own.”

It clicked and disappeared. I then turned my head front, and looked at the wolves running towards us at full pace. “Someone’s gotta fuck this guy, man!”

1