S1E7 – Damned Destiny (Part II) [#44 Thirty Days]
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takemura Itsuki

“Ishida-san.”

The figure wearing a green robe which lay softly on his bent knees as the figure crouched down on the ground. The black lower, along with the brown boots, stood silently on the ground with sparkling white tiles. The blonde hair, which covered some of the right ear of the figure, was tilted a little down as the head did. “The prophecy… It’s begun.”

“Aww! Really?” The coarse voice of the boy sitting on the red throne covered with gold armrest on both sides spoke as he had his body weight tilted on his left armrest with his right leg up on the throne seat. “Where is that guy?”

“He’s estimated to be in the Surfurine Town, east of New Dansamia City.”

“Well then…” The figure, whose top half of the face was covered with dark, replied as he nodded a little while sitting on his throne. He smiled and opened his mouth oddly and creepily. “Let’s destroy this town. But, wait for my words.”

“Until your words, we can start investigating, sir.”

“Ya can do anything ya wanna do. Just… get that asshole.”

The left clenched fist of the crouched figure was in front of his chest as a symbol of loyalty. He nodded, stood up, and then turned away and started walking. “This is it. I’m gonna make sure Ishida-san lives.”

***

“KNEEE-HAWWW!”

THUDHK THUDK THUDK THUDK THUDK. The sturdy hooves of the horse tapped the ground as they ran down the street’s soil quickly. On top of the green saddle on the back of the horse sat the black butts, with the back moving up and down as they ran. The blonde hair of the figure rushed through the air as his hands held the whips. He jerked his right hand and whipped the horse, and the speed of the horse increased a little. The figure, whose top half of the face was covered with his blonde hairs, thought in his coarse hard voice, “The thirty days begin now.”

The hand full of veins and wrinkles moved down to take up one of the dark red apples when suddenly the tapping of the horse on the ground was heard. The old woman with white hair, who wore that pink dress with a pink cap, turned her head up and then turned left to look at the street from where the footsteps were coming from. In the middle of the stalls of the open market with roofs on top, a brown-colored figure was visible to be running up to them quickly. The woman looked closely at the dark face as it came closer and closer with the sound of the footsteps increasing. The sound then touched its peak as the horse ran just past her as she turned back and then to her right to look at the horse running. “W-What happened, ma’am?” The one standing inside the stall, on the other end of the vegetables and fruits, asked her.

“It… was Kabata Katsuki-san,” The woman whispered a little.

“Huh? What will he do here, six to seven hundred kilometers away from the Dansamia City?”

She woman slowly moved her shoulders up and shrugged, and then turned to the stall again. “Must be something related to war or defense.”

The guy nodded as he turned to his left in the direction where the horse just went. “… Y-Yeah.”

***

“The worst thing about this town is that this town doesn’t really have a castle, unlike many other big cities,” Airi said as she came out of the washroom and told me, who stood in front of the washroom door with my hands crossed in front of my chest, with me listening to her details.

“But why?”

“Because this place is so small,” She shrugged as she turned right at the kitchen entrance.

“That’s shit, but considering this city, I don’t really think that this place needs any castle anyways.”

“Huh? Why?” She turned her head back at me as she asked and continued walking to the kitchen.

I followed her and replied, “Because maybe this place is really small, the population here is so less, it’s in the countryside, most of the people grow crops to live, and it’s not really significant position.”

“Yeah,” She said as she entered the kitchen and turned left.

***

“Considering the prophecy, the hero will leave this city right after thirty days,” the figure in blonde on top of the running horse thought. “So, I have a total of thirty days to find the hero, or else I’ll have to destroy this whole town.”

“Come out now, Itsuki!” Ichika shouted.

My eyes opened wide and I turned back, entering the corridor again. I quickly ran down the stairs with my eyes wide open and my arms crossed in front of my chest, stuffed in my feet in my shoes, not caring that my heels were out of the shoes, and opened my arms, pushed open the door, and looked at Ichika standing in front of me, her eyes narrowed in disgust. “Itsuki, I—”

“I’m sorry, please,” I replied with a smile, “I got busy hearing stuff from Airi.”

“Anyways, see, I’ve got one that will fit you,” She said as she moved to me and then turned to my left, walking to the side of the door. I turned back, and looked at her taking up a sword in a black scabbard with some red lining on it which was kept beside the door. She took it up, pulled out the sword from the scabbard, and then turned back at me. She moved her hand at me, with the sword on it pointing up. I gulped as I glared at the shiny sword, and slowly moved my trembling right hand up to the sword. I touched it a little with the fingertips of my open palm, and then turned to her and said, “It’s beautiful.”

She grinned. “Ehe.”

The taps of the horse continued with the same blonde hair on top. It ran down a silent area full of houses on both sides, with some occasional lanes cutting inside. As he ran, he quickly turned right at a narrow lane and looked at the figure of me looking at the sword and touching it. He quickly pulled his whips and the horse stopped. His head moved up, his streamlined eyes moved up, and looked at me. “Seems like he’s sixteen.”

1