S1E10 – Activation [#71 NDC]
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suzuki Tadashi

“Very well, Suzuki-kun,” Sasaki-san nodded as he moved his hands with a sword in each of them behind his hips.

My eyes were wide open in shock and despair as I stood with my left leg above my right, and the sword in my hands pointed down left after an attack. I loosened my body, straightened my legs, and moved my hands down. My terrified eyes and open mouth were just fixed at the dark red blood coming out of the brown furry body in front of me sliced into two. From my loosened right hand, the sword suddenly fell down and thumped on the ground. My right hand then started to tremble. “W-What did I… do…?” I said in a little guilt.

PAM. Someone slapped on my back. I turned my head to the left up, and looked at Sasaki-san wearing the same white suit of his as he looked at the dead corpse. He smiled a little, turned right down at me, and said, “It’d make a tasty dinner.”

I gulped in, closed my eyes, and then opened them again. Seeing that same body, I thought, “It… It’s food, at last. Why am I feeling… sad…?”

As Sasaki-san looked at me with his smile, he tilted his back a little down and whispered in my ear, “What you did was a great feat not everyone can do. Not even people born here are able to control that power which you just used.” He then straightened his back, and as he said the next words, his voice echoed in my ears. “I… am proud of you, kid.”

My lips suddenly moved up as I smiled a little.

“Spending a month with Sasaki-senpai has already told me that he was not someone who’d smile on easily. If he was smiling on a feat I achieved, it really was great. Maybe that’s why I smiled a little too. I sure was a little sad, but now I was more astonished at what I can do here in this new world.”

***

“I have to talk to you on an urgent topic, by the way,” Sasaki-san said. He had crouched down on the ground, with a large brown jute bag in front of him completely stuffed. He stood up, turned back, and looked at me, who was sitting beneath a tree bark with my knees in front of my body and my hands upon the knees. “You might have quite a lot of questions in your mind right now, right?”

“W-What was that power which I suddenly used?” I asked as I turned my head up at him. I turned my head a little down at my knees and said, “It-It… just suddenly emerged out… out of my body…”

“Very well,” He nodded as he walked towards me. “Actually, we humans here have a power which is termed as ‘kazi’.”

“‘K-Kazi’?”

He nodded, and crouched down in front of me. “When we humans feel irritation, anger, despair, or any other negative emotion towards a particular person or thing, our body starts to create kazi. Kazi can only be used toward that particular person or thing at that particular time.”

I nodded as I heard those words. “But, I never thought or felt anything negative…”

“That’s because you’re special,” He said. “You’re a kazi controller, or a KC. They are the people who can control their kazi and can easily use it as they need during a fight or something.”

“O-Oh…”

“And lemme tell you about one more thing… about this great kingdom of Dansamia…” He stood up from the ground, turned the other way, and moved his hands in front of his hips. As I looked at his back and his rough hands, he said, “This kingdom is bound by a prophecy. This kingdom… is about to be doomed.”

“W-What?” I frowned a little. “Something like a future prediction?”

“Yeah, the prediction of the fall of the dynasty,” He said. He turned his head back at me and said, “It’s said that a hero from another world will come here, kill the notorious king, and bring back peace and freedom to the kingdom.”

“B-But what’s wrong with this kingdom?”

He moved his left leg at me and replied, “No one here is free. Everyone can be killed by a special group of people named the seven sinners, without any evidence of them being wrong. Not just that, we all are supposed to be slaves to the king. He takes heavy taxes and revenues from the farmers, and everyone has to pay heavy income or business taxes to the government. We as subjects have no rights, no right to speak against the king.” He then turned to the front again. “There’s much more unjust things being done on the cities. New Dansamia City, or NDC, is a city where many many things take place. And, you know what…” He turned to his back at me again, and said, “That’s where Imma send you now. New Dansamia City.”

“Because you’re the hero of the prophecy.”

1