S2E10 – The Essence of Examinations [#158 Deal]
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miura Daisuke

“It’s been a week since Hideyoshi and I haven’t talked to each other.”

The moon was shining brightly in the middle of the dark void, covered with occasional distant stars which were surrounding the moon. The wide building of the police department, which was a couple stories high, stood in the middle silently. The building was covered by the raised narrow stairs of marble at the front, which covered the entire entrance of the building. The entrance was followed by the pavement, and then the bricked wide streets of the city. The building, covered by beautiful little shops on both sides, was empty and silent. The street too was empty without a single movement taking place. Suddenly, the gate at the entrance of the building opened a little with a creaking sound. The figure in black walked out silently with a piece of paper in his left hand, turned back, slid the gate back closed, turned to the front, and then started to quickly descend down the stairs. The patter of the boots filled the atmosphere. After a couple of taps, the right boot stepped down on the ground. The boots then turned to the left, and continued to walk silently. As those boots walked, the motivated and determined eyes were fixed at the front. The lips opened as I whispered to me, “Father… Imma avenge you.” I then turned my head down and moved my left hand up, looking at the piece of paper which was now at the height of my chest.

“It was the address where my father was murdered. I was going to the crime scene to witness it myself, and then study the surroundings. I also decided that the next day, I’d ask the neighbors if someone had witnessed anything related to the case.”

I turned my head to the front, walking confidently in the middle of the empty pavement in the dark.

“I had finally started my investigation, and I was sure I’ll get closer to the killer one day, even if I took baby steps.”

Just as I was walking through the dark, I suddenly noticed a guy standing at the left edge of the pavement, wearing a green robe and black pants. The man had his hands in the pockets of his pants. His back was resting on the bricked wall of a shop behind him, and his right foot too was up on the wall. I continued to look at him for some seconds as I walked, and then I turned my head to the front, trying not to notice him. He was about a dozen steps away from me. Suddenly, he moved his back to the front, moved his right foot down, and stood on his legs. I turned my head to the left as I was walking closer and closer to him. I then turned my head to the front again. But, just as I was just about a step away from him, he stood right in front of me, the hood of his robe covering his eyes and the upper half of his face, and filling the later part of his face with the dark shadows. “Miura Daisuke, right?” He asked in his coarse voice.

“Y-Yeah,” I replied a little hesitantly, my eyes a little open in shock. “Do you… want something from me?”

The figure moved his right hand up, raised his chin a little, held the top of his hood with his right hand, and then slid his hood back, revealing his face. My eyes were wide open as I looked at the blonde hair and the face of the man. “I’m Kabata Katsuki, the second in-command of The Seven Sinners.”

“T-T-The Seven Sinners…?”

Katsuki smirked a little, and then his smirk faded. “I’ve had an eye on you for quite some time, Miura-san.”

“B-B-But why, sir?”

“See, Miura-san, your father was killed during a case, right?”

“Y-Y-Yeah,” I nodded, my forehead sweating.

“Good. Only you can help me then, Miura-san.” Katsuki turned his head left and right, scanned the whole environment if there was no one, and then turned to me again. “Ya see, the sinners are searching for Takemura Itsuki, who is participating in the rankings.”

“O-Oh…”

“Takemura Itsuki was a survivor of the Surfurine Town massacre. He was the one we were finding when we attacked that little town, killing thousands. He’s so dangerous that we were ready to sacrifice the whole village just to get our hands at him, but he still ran away.” Katsuki then gulped in, turned his eyeballs to his right again, and then turned at me again. He moved his head a little at me, and whispered, “We suspect he’s a spy from some other empire and intends to kill the honorable king.”

“… And you know what…”

“His mentor, who we believe is Yamazaki Kurayami, is the killer of your dad for certain.”

“The killer of your dad…”

“… The killer of your dad…”

My eyes were wide open as I heard those words. I was glaring aimlessly at the front, lost in my shock. Katsuki was looking at me lost in my thought. “I hope you get what I said, right?”

I closed my eyes, turned my head down with my eyes closed, and then moved my head up again, opening my eyes and looking at him. “Where is this Yamazaki Kurayami?” I asked.

“That’s what I’d like you to investigate next. Kurayami is the one who’s running The Bar, and is the mentor of Itsuki. I want you to investigate The Bar and its entire staff. And then, tell me the best time to attack The Bar, when everyone would be busy, there’d be no visitors, and the street would be empty.” Katsuki moved his right hand up, wanting to shake hands. “So, are you with me?”

I turned my head down, looked at the hand with my narrowed and dead eyes, and then turned my eyes to the front. I moved my right hand up and shook hands. “Deal done.”

0