S3E2 – Standing Up and Falling Down [#193 Threat]
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takemura Itsuki

Ichika fell onto the bricked street on her butt. Her right shoulder had a deep cut, with blood spilling all over her chest, her belly, her back, and her waist. Her eyes were closed in pain as she moved her left hand up to her right shoulder. “Agh…” She moaned in pain.

Renji moved his right leg to the front, corrected his left foot, and stood normally on the ground, moving his right arm down. As he moved his sword down, hanging on his hand beside his right leg, drops of blood fell down from the tip of the sword. The drops hit the ground.

PAT… PAT!

He then stepped toward Ichika sitting on the ground in pain.

BANP. BANP. BANP.

“Wanna continue?” Renji asked in his coarse hard voice as he walked toward her. Ichika moved her head to the top, and frowned at him.

BANP. BANP. The black boots beneath the green robe pattered on the ground.

Ichika moved both her hands down at the ground, continued glaring at him, and started to drag her body backward, moving her hands and her legs on the ground backward. Just as she was walking away, she pushed onto the ground, stepped up on her feet, and with her body tilting down a little due to the injury, she continued to walk backward. “I…”

“You possibly can’t fight now,” Renji said. He then jerked his sword down beside his right leg, spitting out drops and streaks of blood from it. He then moved his sword to his left waist and dragged it into the scabbard. He then clenched his right hand, moved it up his chest, and commented, “Maybe this would be enough.”

BUMP!

BANP. BANP. BANP. BANP.

Ichika was lying unconscious on the ground, her right shoulder badly wounded, her black top and skirt drenched with blood, and a pool of blood which surrounded the left of the upper side of the body beneath it. Her eyes were closed, and her legs and arms spread open onto the ground. Renji’s boots walked from her right side, stepping onto the pool of stagnant blood lying on the ground. Renji’s eyes were fixed at the front at Katsuki’s figure, who was walking at him with his hands in his pockets, his head tilted down, his blonde hair creepily covering his eyes, and his lips creepily and devilishly grinning. “Kabata-senpai, what’s the status of our mission?” Renji asked.

“We’re… winning.”

***

Miura Daisuke

My eyes were wide open, my face horrified, as I turned my head down on my left, looking at the body of Hideyoshi lying on the ground, his arms and legs spread open, his back on top, with blood coming out of his short black hair around the dagger, which had hit his head. The blood was flowing out slowly, but it was thick and in large quantity. There was a short pool of blood that was emerging from beneath his face, with more and more liquid falling down from around his face to the ground. Kurayami’s body moved up as he tried to stand up on his legs. The left side of his face was completely covered with a thin layer of blood that dried on his skin. His knees were half-bent as he was unable to stand up correctly due to his injuries and pain. His right elbow was severely wounded, and his pants were torn off by his knees, exposing the wounds on his knees. His right forearm too had blood patches. He then turned at me, his eyes narrowed. “I’m sorry, fella, but… don’t try to fuck me up.”

I turned my horrified eyes at him. My open eyes were turning red little by little because of my emotions. I gulped in, controlling my tears inside. I then opened my lips, about to say something, but then stood silently for a second, closed them again, and then said, “He… was my only friend… and the only one I could rely on.”

“That’s just how weak a human is.”

“You… killed his teacher… and still… he held no personal grudges against you. I wanted to kill you… but he always persisted me not to. He was… truly a great human… who thought rationally and remained calm even in the worst situations…”

I soon heard the voice of Hideyoshi in my head when he worriedly scolded me, “I don’t want you to get in dangerous cases, and send you to your father’s shadows again.”

“He… cared for me…”

“I… am sorry, fella. Truly. But…” Kurayami said as he looked into my eyes with his narrowed eyes. “But people kill… in order to not get killed. That’s the only law of Dansamia, and that’s why people hate the dynasty.”

“I wanted to kill you. And…” I gulped in, moved my head down, calmed myself for a couple of seconds as I continued to gulp in and sniffed in a few times, and then turned my head up at him, looked at him with my dead expressionless eyes, and said, “You killed my father. I wanted to kill you for that reason. He… never wanted to kill you. He held no grudges. He… deserved to live… if you wanted to survive… and not me. But, you know what, you… just gave me another reason to kill you.” I moved my right index finger up and pointed at his face. “Imma kill you one day. Remember that.” I then turned back and started to walk away.

Kurayami continued to watch my black coat and trousers walking away, and then turned to his left at Katsuki’s back standing in front of Renji. Kurayami saw that Renji had noticed Kurayami standing up again, and jerked his head at Kurayami. Katsuki too then turned his head to the back, and shouted at Kurayami, “Y’are so lucky, ya overconfident ass!”

Kurayami then turned his head a little rightward, looking at the end of the street behind Renji, and noticed four-five horses carrying a carriage with a white roof running at full speed toward him. Koma was sitting at the front, both her hands on the straps of the horses, her eyes frowning due to the struggle of running the horses.

The patter of the running horses grew larger in the street and Katsuki too turned his head to his front, looking at the carriage approaching. Grinning devilishly, he said, “Tryna run away once again, huh?”

0