S3E3 – Third [#198 One Last Chance]
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takemura Itsuki

CLASH! SLASH! SWOOSH! CLASH!

“Just for… how long… is this fight gonna go?!”

CLASH!

I defended against one of the attacks of Katsuki with my sword straight up in front of me. My arms and forehead were sweating as I was gliding my sword constantly, defending myself. Tadashi too was panting a little with his mouth wide open as he fought beside me. His arms too had droplets of sweat, and he too was tired of the fight.

“About twenty minutes of continuous fighting had taken place between the two of us until that point. I was just on the verge of falling down due to low stamina.”

The tides of the battle between me and Tadashi against Katsuki had turned. Katsuki had a sinister and devilish grin on his face as he continued to swing his sword at him. “So, what do you think about now, hero?!” Katsuki shouted. “Aha!”

“Just you wait, motherfucker,” I cussed him.

“The irony lies in the fact that I’m fighting beside Tadashi, the same person who beat me the same evening. That shit was a little scary, but now I feel that it’s damn better to fight with someone than to be fucked alone.”

“It’s been eons since I’ve been waiting, hero! But, your filthy ass still stays where it was!”

“All the fighting shit in the fixture in the evening had already taken a big chunk of my energy. I just wanted to sleep, man! But now here I was, fighting against this damned sinner…”

***

Irimi was staring at the fight against me and Tadashi against Katsuki, with the carriage on her back. Just as she was looking at the tired face of me and Tadashi struggling, she noticed another figure with a green robe walking toward them, just some steps behind the fight.

“Another sinner is walking toward the fight,” Irimi announced.

Airi turned her head up. “Yamazaki-san,” She turned her head at Kurayami, waiting for his orders. Kurayami was continuously glaring at the fight with complete focus. After a second without response, she called him again, “Y-Yamazaki-san…”

Kurayami had his eyes fixed on the front. “There… is no way we can win now.”

“Yamazaki-san…”

“We-We’re losing…?” Oga commented as he lay in the middle.

“We can still win, Yamazaki-san!” Airi commented. “Please, let me fight!”

“You’ve fought enough for the day too. In fact, all of us are low on stamina right now, whereas these sinners are completely okay. I bet that we can’t win against the three sinners left and retrieve Ichika back,” Kurayami said.

“Then…” Airi’s eyes opened wide. “Then… what else are we gonna do?”

Kurayami was tensed as he continued to look at the fight. A drop of sweat flew down the right of his forehead. “… We… abandon her.”

“… No, I won’t let that happen.”

“We… need the hero alive. Both Takemura-kun and Suzuki-kun are necessary for the final attacks. We need both of them.”

“But we need Ichika t—!”

SLAP!

“YOU’RE FUCKING RIGHT BUT I CAN’T DO A THING NOW!” Kurayami shouted back, slapping his thigh with hs right palm irritably.

The carriage was completely silent. Both Oga and Airi had their eyes turned at their leader, who had his head tilted down in dejection. He then turned back at Airi. “You wanna fight, right? But… you’re the medic of the group. If you’re hurt, we’re done for.”

Airi nodded and turned her head down in despair.

Kurayami then turned his head back to the fight. He continued looking at the figure of Ayato walking toward the back of Katsuki.

Oga turned his eyes at Airi, who had hidden her head inside her knees. “Airi, don’t feel sad about it.”

“Shut up,” She said in a low tone.

“Itsuki! Come ba—” Kurayami shouted, but he stopped midway.

“I won’t run away from him this time!” Kurayami imagined my voice.

He turned his head down in despair, and then turned his head up in the front again. “Tonight, if we lose… then we’d never be able to win against the sinners. If we gotta beat the sinners, we gotta do it tonight too.”

“Let’s… give it one last shot.”

Airi’s head turned up and she turned at Kurayami, looking at him glaring at the fight with his eyes regaining confidence. “But, we have a change of plans. Irimi, you go and fight Ayato, the one standing behind Katsuki.” He then turned at Airi. “Airi, you take the place of Irimi and stand in front of the carriage, defending us against any kazi waves that come this way.” Kurayami then turned to the front again. “Let’s give it a last try. If we lose this time, we…” He then continued in a lower voice, “… we’d gotta abandon Ichika.” He turned to Airi. “SO, ARE YOU ALL READY?!”

“YEAH!” Irimi and Airi shouted with their eyes confident and determined.

Kurayami turned to the fight again. “THEN LET’S DO IT THIS TIME! GO KICK THEIR ASSES, IRIMI!”

“As you say, Yamazaki-san!” Irimi commented as her boots started to move to and fro vigorously and she ran toward the fight angrily.

Just as Irimi was running toward the fight, her black long hair gliding through the air and her frowning determined eyes facing the fight, she thought, “Whatever happens tonight, Imma make sure nothing happens to Ichika!”

0