5. Sons of Virtue
121 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huang Lu found that heavenly favor came at all times, and he actually did not need to meditate or even enter cultivation to gain heavenly Qi. It's such an overpowered ability! Why wasn't something like this used all the time? He felt his Heavenly Qi surge, and he was on the 2nd step of the 1st realm.

[ 300 to reach 2nd step, 500 to reach middle stage of 1st realm, 800 to reach Peak of 1st Realm, and 1,200 Heavenly Qi in total to ascend to the 2nd realm. ]

It's like making money while the rich man sleeps. It's ridiculous!

[ You've earned 50 Heavenly Coins. You have 100 Heavenly Coins ]

Ah great, he could even purchase two cultivation techniques! He pondered the techniques for a while, but decided that he didn't like to be hurt very much, so he wanted a strong body. He swore somebody whispered that in his ears when he tried to sleep, but he agreed with the concept of it. He should be physically strong and tough, so that he could punch his problems.

He selected Body of the Descendants of Virtue, and he felt his body glow. He instinctively learned how to wrestle and fight.

[ You are now stronger and tougher. To gain a temporary boost to your combat ability and evasion, consume some oil and spread oil on your skin. ]

"The... fuck?"

But before he could truly comprehend the absurdity of his new technique, the ground shook, and then circles of light appeared on the floor. There was a brilliant flash of light, and Huang Lu was suddenly outside.

No, he wasn't just outside, he was in his run-down room!

"What the f-"

"HUANG LU!!!" He heard someone call his name. It felt nostalgic. The door cracked. "I HEARD YOU HAVE BREAD!"

Wait. Didn't he have this conversation already?

"IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE, YOU SHOULD SHARE YOUR BREAD!"

Huang Lu looked around and his half eaten chunk of bread. Wait. Wasn't this that day before he ran and fell before the chasm? Last time, he remembered he ran out, with the bread.

Huang Lu stood, and everything looked slightly different. No. The door seemed a little smaller. Was his room so cramped?

He opened the door.

"AH, Huang Lu, I'm glad you are willing to share your-" The brigand raised his head and saw Huang Lu. Huang Lu was taller, an entire head taller. "Who're you?"

The brigand was nothing more than a mortal, and yet he tried to be cheeky. He tried to shove Huang Lu, and found that he couldn't. "Why, I'm Huang Lu, of course." He felt power in his veins, and his now muscular arms lifted the brigand easily. "I can totally get used to this power."

The other brigands behind the first brigand took a few steps back.

"I suppose I do need some practice." Huang Lu looked at the brigands. The brigand leader immediately shouted.

"It's still him, he's just trying to fake it. Come, let's all hit him together!"

They punched, but his body was tough and somewhat slippery. Some of the punches slipped to the side, and only hurt him a little bit. He threw the brigand that he held, and the brigand smashed into the others. The leader charged, and their punches met. The leader's eyes widened, as his 1st realm cultivation method did not instantly win the fight.

Huang Lu smiled, the brigand boss looked horrified. "When did you become a cultivator?"

Huang Lu thought for a moment, "Well, Just now." It was technically true. He punched with his newly empowered body, and the brigand leader heard his bone cracked. He screamed in pain, and all the other brigands had a look of absolute horror.

"Boss!" They shouted.

"Well, run along now, unless you want to test me?" Huang Lu smirked.

They fled. All of them. His stale, stolen bread never tasted so good.

3