Chapter 4 (Part 3)
99 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was casually walking by the narrow path of the eleventh floor, with fenrir on the side, scanning the area ahead. Though the room was fairly lighted, it still gave off the eerie atmosphere, probably of the Dungeon of the D Weening that nothing ahead could scare me, I

Weening that nothing ahead could scare me, I was moving with confidence, when suddenly an unexpected figure jumped at me.

(I didn’t shriek. I absolutely didn’t. Neither was I afraid of whatever that thrown at me.)

I was prepared to slice it but the overactive fenrir had already jumped at it and decapacitated it to the ground.

“Good job!” Wagging his tail, the fenir stood atop the fallen body.

“Hmmm?” It was an undead monster. It looked like a zombie, but its body wasn’t quite human. A monstrous being with a humanoid shape, with features an ordinary human would fail to understand. Long nails and sharp teeth. It had no skin but just flesh over its bones. It was a... Ghoul.

Though it was no common sight, I had heard stories from passing adventurers, long back, of their encounter with ghouls. It had regenerative abilities but killing it was nothing so impossible. I stabbed its heart and it went silent soon.

“So, we have Ghouls to take care of now.”

“Arf!”

“Don’t just leave them decapitated. Use your fangs to pierce its heart or brain.”

“Arf!”

“Or you can just bite is head off or something. Got it?”

“Arf!” He looked pretty confident when replying.

With that, my guidelines were over. We moved ahead with fearlessly, destroying every ghoul that came our way. I was using lightning magic to stun them and then chopping their heads off with my sword.

The 11th floor was easy as the ghouls only ever attacked solo or in pairs. But looking at the pattern, I could guess what the next floors had in for us.

We swiftly reached to the end of the floor, collecting several magic stones from the corpses while fenrir feeded on the monsters’ flesh. Once again I was amazed at the beasts ability to digest anything.

I didn’t notice it earlier, but now, I could see his growth. He was growing at fast pace. And I could sense it, his demonic energy was on the rise too. I wondered if it was because of the consumption of magic stones or the meals I made him way back. Nahh, its probably because of the demons he’s eating eversince we entered this dungeon.

The next floor wasn’t much problem either. We handled every trio or squads they came in. Though it was quite tedious to put them down, we were able to slay them with our level of skill.

Soon we reached the fifteenth floor. “A horde of ghouls coming in.” We started encountering hordes of ghouls since the last floor. Though they were small in number, they were becoming and more aggressive as each floor passed by.

But this floor had a huge mob of ghouls so aggressive that they’d eat us down in seconds of catching us.

“Grrr!”

“Looks like you’re already ready to mow them down. Now-”

I coated my sword with dark magic and slashed them with the Dark Cloaked Slash, significantly reducing their numbers.

The fenrir was learning at fast pace. He used his newly learned skill Air Sprint, attacking the ghouls from all directions, even the air.

Though it was a little time consuming, we moved ahead to the next floor immediately after collecting the loot. I also stored some ghoul meat for him as he seemed eager to eat it.

2