Chapter 6 (Part 1)
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Haaa! Night sky; clouded in supposed mystery.” It felt good to be back out. “You okay?” I looked over to the seemingly dazed fenrir.

“Wooooo!” He was probably flabbergasted to be standing on the top of the mountain.

After some scuffle and confusion, I finally decided to take my rewards and leave the dungeon. Well, it wasn’t much of a decision anyway.

I had already stored the rewards, after testing that it didn’t have any effect on me. A few enchanted ornaments had I received. Though, I was still unaware of its properties and that’s why I was ready to take them to the capital to get them assessed. “Maybe, I can discover some hidden features, or I can just sell it.”

“Ready to go? It’s a long path down.” The fenrir was looking at sky, as the clouds had moved to another place. “Maybe let’s just…” I laid my cloak so that my clothes wouldn’t moisten in snow. “Wait for a little while.” And lied down on the surface.

For fifteen minutes, we just laid there and didn’t make a sound. Just watched the beautiful stars flickering in the dark sky.

“Y’know, we’ve been through enough the past few days. And I think I have considerable trust in you.”

“Woof!” The fenrir bewilderingly looked at me.

“For the past few days, I’ve been constantly thinking of a name for you. To officially make you my familiar.”

“Wooof!” The fenrir was eagerly eying me, his tongue out, and tail wagging.

“I believe you’re eligible to move on by my side on whatever path I’m planning to take from now.. Well not that I had any choice, I’d have to take you regardless.”

“. . .” The fenrir didn’t say a thing, fervent to hear those magic words he’s been waiting for so long.

“Fennyx – here, Nyx means God of the Night, signifying your dark fur, and Fen being just short for your Fenrir race. Isn’t it good?”

I stretched out my hand and let him bite my forearm – being my clothes already tattered, I didn’t need to fold them back – but he bit the back of my neck instead, “Oww!”

“Well, now that the ritual is complete, let’s make it official.”

“Woof!”

I didn’t want to do this half-heartedly so I stood up; “Son of the Divine Beast Hati, the Last of the Demonic Race of Fenrir’s, I hereby, as your master, name you Fennyx, and deem you eligible to accompany me on the journey ahead. Officially making you my familiar.” There’s usually a chant after that in the lord’s name, but I’ll just skip that.

“Awoooooooooooooooooooo!” Fennyx howled elatedly, too excited to calm down.

1