Chapter 6 (Part 2)
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the night, at the peak of the gigantic mountain, it was no place to rest. We decided to use the darkness of the night to move around and reach as far to the bottom as we could.

I scouted the area and from the top, though not much was visible because of the clouds and mist underneath us. All I could see was thick billowing haze from where I was standing. I tried using magic sense to determine the last footprints we had in the caves we slept but with my current proficiency, I couldn’t sense much far.

“It’s a gamble.” We were standing on the mountain range that acted as a border between Velderick Empire and Zefton Kingdom. If I enter Zefton through the mountain route, they’ll term it as Infiltration and probably put me in jail and interrogate me. Well, it’s not like infiltration path to Zefton would be a piece of cake. There’s a valley down there, with fluctuating mana levels that are too high for humans and even monsters to cross. So, I need to avoid that.

While I pondered about such, Fennyx had already started running downhill. I hurriedly caught up to him swiftly, so that he won’t wander around.

“Did you smell something?” I asked in a discreet voice, as per my habit of not talking loud in night light.

“Woof!” He replied in an even noiseless manner; pointing towards a shadowy figure.

I couldn’t make out much of it as it was dark and misty around, but looking at it, it was quite a distance away from us. While deciding whether it was a human or a polar bear, I noticed a footprint. I walked a little closer to it, as to determine its size and shape, before the snow covered it all.

“HOH!” I instantly covered my mouth seeing the giant footprint that could never be of a polar bear, more so of humans. “A Yeti?” I blurted out in a relatively loud voice, covering my mouth again. I whispered to Fennyx telling him it was a Yeti footprint. Though nobody had seen them, I could only reckon that as I examined the wide colossal footprint. Yeti were said to be illusory creatures said to be resulting from a person’s fear of death in cold and snow. But seeing one myself, I couldn’t deny the fact of their existence.

“Wrong way, we’re going back.” I whispered in Fennyx’s ear, so that the Yeti wouldn’t catch even a wind of my existence.

The weather was turning back bad again, and I could almost sense a blizzard coming through. But I had no choice, we needed to move as far away as we could otherwise it’d mean our death.

We went back to the top of the mountain and started plodding downwards to the other side. “Pheeww! We escaped tragedy.”

“Woof!”

I wondered what could’ve happened if we clashed with the Yeti. Would we even be able to escape? And even if we did, the path down there would lead us to the mana valley. “There wasn’t really any point in going that way.”

1