Chapter 7 (Part 5)
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A tall man in a hood, leaning on the rooftop wearing a mask, was watching all the events unfold. He saw a guy flawlessly taking out the bandits he had a contract with. Trying to catch a glimpse of his face, he laid there to figure out his identity. He was obligated to report the case of variance that occurred anywhere during his mission.

As he saw the guy trailing after the one who ran away, he followed behind, jumping rooftops to rooftops, but in a concealed manner.

He had already finished off the other two, afraid that they might open their mouths if caught and interrogated. They were already a liability for him since they got knocked out. 

He carefully watched as the guy tried to interrogate the bandit.

“A…”

He precisely threw a small invisible mana blade to cut off the bandit’s tongue so he doesn’t reveal anything to the suspicious guy. He was confident in his skills that he knew he wouldn’t notice him silencing the bandit.

“Now, where’s that fourth one? That strange cloaked guy.”

He flinched as he realized that the suspicious man was onto him too.

“I know you’re here. I also know you’re watching me since. Come out.” He didn’t respond to the provocation, gritting his teeth to remain shut but that guy kept on talking. “I know where you are. I can sense you.”

He’s bluffing; the hooded man thought as he saw the guy staring at the warehouse door, “He must be thinking I’m inside the warehouse.” He whispered to himself.

“Okay! If coming out on your own, I’ll come for ya.” The guy pushed open the warehouse door and stepped inside, dragging the body of the bandit inside.

“Fwoooh!” The hooded man exhaled noisily knowing he was out of danger.

He stood up and jumped over to the warehouse rooftop and leaned in to locate the bandit. But it too was dark inside, to see even a meter ahead.

He could hear the footsteps the guy inside was making. And it went soft and soft as the guy walked away. He jumped down and went in, intending finish off the last bandit, as he heard a soft thud seeming as if the other side’s door was pushed open.

He sneakily walked in the warehouse and disposed the last bandit he found lying by a stack of boxes.

“Arf! Arf!” He heard the sound of a dog barking from behind…. No… It isn’t a dog… he realized as he turned around.

“Heh! Didn’t I tell you, ‘I’ll come for ya’?” Another voice he heard from behind. But he couldn’t turn around to look his face, as for him, he was already in the face of dread. The wolf looked too scary to be a wolf.

He jumped high in the air, to the ceiling and threw mana blades in a circle up above. If a little more time, he could’ve holed the ceiling and escaped the room, but his opponents weren’t so generous.

The guy propelled himself, intending to kick him down. He too, reacting to it, turned himself around and clashed kicks with him.

They both landed simultaneously, but with one getting ready to fight and other to run.

“Look kid, I don’t have time for this.” He said as he caught the glimpse of the face of the guy in front of him. “I don’t wanna fight you.”

The boy took off his hood and replied, “Hey! Hey! I know you have plenty of time. So, won’t you play with me a little.” The boy said as he unsheathed sword and licked it clean. It wasn’t those dreadful eyes that scared him, but something much more startling than that.

The beast jumped at him from behind but he jumped upon the stack of boxes, using it to his advantage he hopped over the beast and ran outside at max speed.

The boy, along with his wolf, chased him from rooftops to rooftops. One house to other, being chased, he shot several small mana blades behind him but the boy evaded them all.

The game of Rat-A-Tat went on till the reached the end of the town. He was standing on the border wall of the town while the boy stood atop the house beside it. The wolf hopped over to the wall, eventually cornering him.

“You’ve got nowhere to run.” The boy said, “so why don’t you come over here and we’ll have a nice talk.”

But the hood was not open to that. He stretched his arms and took a step back, ultimately falling over the edge. The boy jumped over to the wall and looked under, there was no one. As if he had completely disappeared into thin air.

0