Chapter 7 (Part 6)
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Woof!”

“Ah we’ll get him next time. Don’t worry.” I told Fennyx, unaware of the horrible experience we’ll have ‘next time’.

I went back to the warehouse and checked up on the woman I saw lying there before. Raped. I vividly remembered her face from the photo I saw. It was the nun from the Sulfi Village cathedral. Evidently, she died bashing her head on the wall multiple times.

It was almost dawn and the unit that gone to investigate Sulfi had just comeback.

I went over there and hid behind a wall, where I saw the dejected Jeff say these words, “We didn’t find her body…. that means she isn’t dead, right?” He desperately kept crying to Gird; while another soldier went to report to the town lord.

“God! It was an absolute disaster.” A guard said as he proceeded to talk to Kent, “There was absolutely no one in the village. It looked like they all vanished into thin air.”

No one? But I’m sure I left that boy inside the house just next to the gate. That was my whole reason for getting them to do an investigation. Did they not look properly? “Sigh!”. Well, although it’s none of my business, I’ll check up on that later.  

I came out and played Adin. Not speaking a word, I got the attention of the three guards that had seen Adin and made a run to the warehouse, getting them to follow me behind. I took the path where the bandits were laying dead and paused there for a second. Gird stopped as soon as he saw two bodies lying in the alley to check if they were alive or dead; while continued to guide Kent and Jeff to the warehouse.

At the ware house, Kent saw another body and stopped there to check it, and just like before, it was precisely cut, not a single wasteful slash. The killer had sleekly done its work, with no credible piece of evidence left behind.

While I ran ahead and pointed my finger at the dead woman, Jeff rushed to it, “So..Sophie?”. He held her head in his arms and checked her nerves, “Soooophiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” He burst into tears, as I exited the warehouse from the backdoor, never to be seen again.

.

“Haaa! I’m pooped.” I heaved a sigh.

“Woof!” Fennyx barked questioningly.

“No, it means I’m exhausted.” His dubious look made me ponder why Americans even had this stupid slang. Well, it’s all in the previous world. “I just wanna call it a night. And that means I want to sleep.”

“Woof!”

I went back to the bar and secretly put the money for the meal on the table; that I had already taken from the bandits’ pockets.

And then straight went for the inn and paid for a room, calling it a night.

0