Chapter 8 (Part 1)
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Uuaaaaaaaaaaaahh!” I yawned as I woke up. “How long has it been?” I muttered to myself as I stretched my body to fix the stiffness in my back. After long nights of floor sleep, I had finally spent a night in a bed.

He sure has grown a lot. A little smile appeared on my face as I watched the resting Fennyx. When I first met him, he was just this tiny little guy that could fit right into my pocket. But now, I doubt if I can even carry him on my head.

I got up and called out to Fennyx, “Chop! Chop! Wake up Fennyx. We’re off.”

“Woof! Woof, Woof!” He barked at me vehemently.

“Ohkay! Okay! You woke up first, you win. Now, don’t you want breakfast? Let’s go.”

We cleaned up after ourselves, though we didn’t have anything much lying around the room. I mostly kept my sword in my left hand, quicker to unsheathe, but when I sleep, I have it right beside me.

“Good Morning, sir. Did you have a good sleep?” The lady greeted me as soon as she saw me come down the stairs.

“Yeah, yes I did. Thank you for asking.” I greeted her back.

“You’re welcome, sir. Although we were worried that you didn’t come out for the whole day. I knocked the door for dinner yesterday but you wouldn’t wake up.”

“A whole day? I was asleep for a whole day?” Though not in my nature, I accidentally freaked out, but I instantly got hold of my composure, “Okay then, can we have a meal now? Breakfast for two.”

“Sure, sir.” She politely responded, “I’ll show you the way to our dining room.”

Though I said lady, she wasn’t many years older than me. She gently took me to the dining room and served me breakfast, finally going back to the reception.

Since there was nobody around, I had Fennyx out and put his plate on the floor. We had pork and soup for breakfast, with a loaf of bread and some milk to gulp it down. She also served me some fruits and boiled vegetable. It was a full meal and we both had not eaten for a day, needless to say we gobbled the food.

Finishing up, I went back to reception, “Hey! The food was nice. Give my regards to the cook.”

I left the inn and just stood outside the door for a minute. The streets were full of people walking and chatting, going work and doing chores. Despite the adjust village being completely annihilated, this town was a lot jovial, remaining unbothered.

“Maybe the town lord decided to not announce Sulfi’s condition. He may have figured that it’d cause a great deal of unrest here.” I murmured to myself.

“Woof!” Fennyx heard me and tried to get in on the conversation.

“Yeah! I think so too. The people need to be aware that something like that has happened so they can better prepare themselves….. Well, whatever. It’s the town lord’s choice, he knows his people best.”

As I was walking around the town searching for adventurer’s guild, I had Fennyx out to get a walk to stretch his legs.

Suddenly, someone came from behind and held my shoulder, urging me to turn around. “Are you…?” he said. “No, nevermind, I’m probably just too tired for this.” It was the guard from last time.

As I proceeded to walk away, he stopped me again, “Hey kid, I didn’t tell you that you could leave.”

“Uhm… So, what can I do for you, sir?” I asked politely.

“You need to put a leash on this thing.” He said pointing at Fennyx. “You know, like a collar or something.”

Like just anyone could kill him. I smirked as I looked at Fennyx, “Do you want a collar?”

“Woof!” he barked in denial.

“See! He doesn’t like that.” I replied to the guard.

“Look kid, it doesn’t work like that. What if someone mistakes this as feral and captures or kills it? You need to have a collar on this to let people know that it’s a tamed familiar.”

“Ohkay, sure sir. Thankyou for your concern. I’ll keep that in mind.”

Telling me this, he turned around and walked away. Probably off to sleep was what I could guess as I saw him yawning in the peripheral of my eye.

I turned around and continued searching for the adventurer’s guild. I needed to encash the rewards from the dungeon.

0