Chapter 8 (Part 2)
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There it is. It was just beside the entry gate; I exclaimed as I saw the big name-board. I felt stupid for searching around the center of the town.

I saw some people sitting at the table waiting for their party members, a lot of them in them around the quest board. And a guy just standing there and flirting with the guild receptionist. By the looks of it, the receptionist looked pretty annoyed with his behavior but couldn’t voice her opinion.

“Hey, excuse me.” I approached the reception desk.

She clapped her hands and asked me with a cheerful smile on her face, “Hello sir, what can I do for you?” Her instant behavior took me by surprise.

“I’d like to sell some magic stones…” I stated displaying my interest.

“Sure sir, for small magic stones, the rate is 2 Ris per stone. For medium size ones, it’s 20 Ris per piece and for large ones, it is 50 Ris. Well, it might vary in the large ones but that’s the average.”

“Ohk, sure.” Unaware of standard price, I went with whatever she stated. “I have these.” I took out about ten on her desk to show her size. It were small ones as per she said. The guy beside snorted as he saw me putting just ten stones at her desk.

“First, can I see your Adventurer’s card please? To trade with the guild, you need to confirm your identity.”

“Well, I don’t have one. So, see what you can do.”

“Alright sir, if you don’t have an Adventurer’s card, would you like to have one made? Adventurer’s card has several perks along with other ID card benefits. You can do guild quests, sell items you find, and it also acts as a free entry pass towns and cities wherever there’s a branch. And FYI, there’s a guild branch everywhere in the Velderick Empire. It is the perfect ID you need.”

She acted as they did in TV commercials.

“Ummm!” Well, I do need an ID, but Adventurer’s card….? “Yes, I’d like one made.”

“Ok sir, So, you need to have this form filled out. And you don’t need to fill the <Skills section> in case you want it to remain hidden. Adventurer’s Guild always looks out for its members and keeps their identity safe.” Her face lit up as she said exuberantly.

I took a quill from the desk and sat on the adjacent chair to fill out the form. It was four-person table with someone already sitting on the opposite side. As soon as I started, the girl at the seat leaned in and said energetically, “Hey brat! You’re new, right. If you have any trouble filling out the details, ask me. This big sis will help you in anywhere you need.”

“Sure!” I looked up and replied, not wanting to extend any futile conversation with her.

I turned back to the form and started filling the details out.

Name…. Should I fill my full name here? It might be wasteful to have a fake name in it. But I don’t even know the extent of its use. For now, let’s just keep it blank.

Father’s/Guardian name…

Next, Adventure name? Is it supposed to be different from the above-mentioned field? What shall I write here…? Well, let’s keep it blank too. I’ll fill this later.

Age… Do I need be an adult? I’ll leave it blank.

Place of birth…? Well, I wasn’t born anywhere near. What if they suspect how I came from far south to up north? Blank

Skills… She told me I don’t need to fill out this section. Blank.

Profession… Well, I am not even of age so… Blank

Emergency contact information or references?…. I don’t have any…

Oh! a clause? ‘‘This agreement is signed between the Adventurer’s guild and the adventurer - me.

  1. I waive off any cause of action against Adventurer’s Guild and its owners, agents, employees and affiliates, which might arise from any failure of equipment used in any adventure considered event such as battle, camping, exploration, hunting, raid, and the like.
  2. I understand that adventure is a hazardous activity and includes many risks and dangers, which include serious bodily injury or death.
  3. I instate that I will not hold the Adventurer’s Guild accountable in case of my injury or supposable death that may arise from the adventure quests provided by the Adventurer’s Guild.
  4. Any medical treatment in the event of injury is my responsibility; I do not hold the Adventurer’s Guild responsible to pay compensation in half, full, or any amount for my treatment.
  5. I hereby agree to freely and expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury.’

 

They really are trying to get out of any risk that falls on their side. But then what was that ‘looks out for its members’ crap?

 

Fingerprint and/or Signature… I haven’t yet decided on my signature, and maybe the fingerprints will be taken at the desk. I’ll do that while submitting.

 

Oh, another one? It says I need to have it signed by parents/guardian in case I’m not-of-age.

 

“Oh, you still haven’t filled yet.” The yellow blonde girl sitting in front of me said. I don’t know if it was her air-headedness or the extrovert attitude, but she was the perfect depiction of a gal; with her thick muscles, she looked as if she wielded a sword or some heavy weapon but actually had a bow and quiver strapped to her back.

“I’m reading.” I looked up and said

She instantly, while I was in middle of presenting my argument, turned at right angle and waved both her hands in the air, “Hey! Guys. I’m here. Come! Come!” shouted.

I didn’t bother looking as I already knew she was calling out to her party members. It was but simple deduction. But I couldn’t help overhear their conversation when they approached the table.

“Hey! Check this kid out. He’s been racking his brains looking at this for half hour.” She said nonchalantly as she laughed hysterically.

“Seriously?” A tall and slender, dark hair guy, combed up, in a heart-shaped pompadour. His attire looked no less than a playboy without the armor. But his face said it all, with his squinted eyes and rabbit teeth, it was imminent that he was miles and miles away from any sexual contact. “Hewn! Do you not know how to write?” He leaned with his face right against my eye.

I noticed as I turned away that there  were two other people standing behind him. A muscle hunk man with a smile that looked like he just saved the world with an axe and came here for the appreciation, and the slim guy with long hair and emo look that may suggest all the girls fawning over him.

The muscle hunk said, “If you can’t write, just tell the receptionist. She’ll fill it out for ya.” with his kindest smile.

Not wanting to be bothered, I tried getting up and move to another table so that the party of four can sit together. In the peripheral of my eye, I saw the emo guy lean in say something in the hunk’s ear, as the hunk immediately stopped me, “Or, we can he help you fill it out.” Said with a wide grin.

0