Interlude ─ The “nya” are real!
101 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear readers, we have reached the end of arc 3 and the middle of the volume.

Little by little we are getting closer to the scene I want to show, and the prologue of vol. 1 is about to make sense.

Tomorrow there will be no chapter, I'll see if I make a preview today and finish it tomorrow. But that's all for now, no doubt it will be more fun in arc 4.

As the semester was almost over and we were halfway through the year, Rei went for a walk around the capital, to be exact to one of its edges.

The place we were at was one where a lot of children came to play. It was a park.

Rei wanted to come because there is no better place to relax than one.

Besides, this was the only park that wasn't near the capital, Rose would have insisted that he shouldn't wander away, so he pretended to go shopping.

"A hot day like this deserves a cold meal like this."

He said that as he ate an ice cream.

He had a whole case full. The ice creams are the creations of Bluegarden Trading Company, that is, Rei's business partner, a semi bald, fat, short man named Harold.

While enjoying his ice cream I said to him.

"It's June, soon the principality event will start. Well, we crushed a lot of their allies so they must be in disarray."

"You said we should wait for these events or whatever they are called and that's why we didn't go directly to destroy the principality."

"Aah."

Rei chewed almost halfway through a blueberry flavored blueberry colored ice cream.

It was a relaxing moment until we heard that noise.

*Groaning*

It sounded like a wild beast nearby, but it was impossible for there to be a monster in the capital.

The growling was growing louder and louder, Rei stood up to put an end to the problem.

"Fo-Food~"

Behind us were some bushes.

Rei reached in to remove the bushes and we found a corpse.

It was all dirty, reeking of garbage and not having bathed.

It had flies hovering over its head and crows were pecking at its head.

Rei said.

"If you want to murder someone, do it in a place where it doesn't stink."

I don't think that's what you should say.

"Fo-food please~"

Said the corpse. No, if it spoke it wasn't one.

From his tone of voice, he seemed to be a boy with a high-pitched voice.

I asked him again.

"Shall we let him die or help him?"

"I'd like to see him suffer a little longer, but he sucks."

"Clean."

Rei used a skill to wipe the dirt off him and scared the crows away.

He grabbed the dirty rag that was a person and sat him on the bench where we were.

"Eat."

He handed him his ice cream case.

The corpse that wasn't dead sniffed the sweet scent of blueberry and took it.

Without taking the wrapper off he ate them very quickly.

As he expected, after a while his head froze.

"Doronyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~"

With that weird scream, he squirmed on the ground. It was very funny indeed.

Rei cured his headache.

He again proceeded to eat the ice cream and again twirled around on the floor.

As he had finished eating, Rei said.

"It was fun to see you like this, so I forgive you for giving you my food. See you trash."

After that insult, the trash grabbed his leg.

"H-Hold on a second-nya!"

"...... Nya?"

We both said, Rei turned around, the former stinker prostrated himself against the ground.

"Y-You saved my life-nya! I have no way to thank you enough-nya!"

"To a complete stranger you showed mercy and bestowed your nourishment, such a feat is an act of kindness I've never seen!"

No, it's just that you were pitiful that he did it for that.

I wanted to tell him, but I had no mouth.

"P-Please allow me to be your vassal, great lord of flaming eyes!"

Rei's face indicated that he was unpleasant, he told him.

"Get lost. I don't want to see you."

"I promise to be of use to you, just give me a chance!"

"Get lost!"

"I-I beg you!"

Rei took his leg out of his hands and walked to return to the academy.

But the hooded man insisted, Rei grabbed his head and was going to hit him after removing his hood.

But he stopped when he saw what I always wanted to see.

In front of us was not a man, it was a woman. With features that were not the same as ours.

Her skin was white, but her hair was whiter, like snow, it looked very silky and she had it tied in a long braid from her neck to her back.

Her hair down to her cheeks was spiky, her eyes were sapphire blue pearls. Brilliant ones that you couldn't even get with real pearls.

But the detail that mattered most was one, no, two.

Moving from side to side was a tail, two white tails, the tip was so white it was almost transparent.

The ears were not in the position of a normal human, they were on top of her head, as if they were sunglasses pointed in the same position.

To make it even more fanciful, her fang was visible.

"Please let me be your vassal-nya!"

"I'm sure I'll accomplish my mission-nya!"

(She said "nya"!)

We both thought, Rei surely did because he had never heard one, but I had.

My biggest fetish in my previous life. a real cat girl! A real nekomimi!

Plus, finishing her sentences in nya! A real nya!

Rei asked.

"Mission?"

"Yes-nya!"

With a seriousness on her face she said.

"I am on a mission of revenge. I must avenge the one who murdered my entire tribe-nya."

That was our destined encounter with one of the members of the protagonist's harem, the semi-human girl from the white cat tribe, Oriana and her revenge.

5