Chapter 12: His Alpha (3)
8.1k 1 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m going to show you something and just. . .don’t get mad at me for it, okay?” Breona said. 

 

“Wait, is this going to be a jumpscare?” Skylar flinched when Breona prepared to stand. “Breona Taylors, you know how I feel about jumpscares. I swear to god, if this is a jumpscare, you’re going to be in a world of pa-”

 

“No, no, nothing like that,” Breona said. She stood to her full height, looking down to see the adorable upturned blue eyes staring warily at her. “It’s just something that I’ve been keeping from you, and oh god, just let me show you.”

 

“Okay?”

 

Breona sighed. “Just let me show you.” She then went to his drawers, pulling the first set out and searched around for the letter. It’d been carefully hidden behind the drawers so that he wouldn’t stumble upon it but that only meant more trouble for Breona to take it out.

Skylar looked at Breona sticking her entire arm in the drawer, and couldn’t help but ask. “What on earth are you doing?”

 

“Just wait,” Breona told him. “Almost. .right. . .Ah, found it.”

 

“Found what?” Skylar asked. 

 

Breona took out her arm, bringing with it a white envelope that had been stamped with a very familiar blood-red insignia. The envelope rested between Breona’s fingertips as she just stood there like a tree, visible doubt in her petrified body. 

 

“An envelope?” Skylar asked. “I didn’t know people still sent those.”

 

“Just. Just know,” Breona said, eyebrows knitted. “I kept this from you because I was worried. Because I thought you would be pulled into a world I couldn’t get in. A world I wouldn’t be able to protect you from.”

 

“But I’ve learned a lesson since then,” Breona said. “Before I can give you this though, you have to promise not to get mad. Promise? The pinkie one.”

 

“Why would I get mad at you?” Skylar asked, quizzled with Breona’s actions. 

 

“Just. . .,” Breona sighed one last time. “Promise?”

 

Skylar tried to figure out why she was so serious about a little envelope, and why it looked so damned familiar. When he couldn’t figure it out, he decided to just go along with whatever Breona was saying. “Fineee. I promise.”

 

“Pinkie?”

 

“Lie and swallow a lime,” Skylar promised. 

 

That made Breona smile in relief. “Good.” She then proceeded to give Skylar the envelope, holding the white paper towards him. With this, she had signed the deal. Hopefully, it would satisfy her nightmares and she could get a good sleep again. 

 

Skylar received the envelope and went to open it. “Now, let’s see what’s got you so worked up, Bree.” As he opened it, he saw a paper and two cards inside. He took out the paper first and from it read the following, 

Dear Valkyrie Omega, 

 

It is within my greatest wishes that you return from this healthy and alive, for it would be a shame if such a brave and beautiful Omega such as yourself were to depart from this world before your ascent. If you were to do so, I would never be able to live as I had allowed such an Omega to fall to his demise when I could have done something. When I should have done something. 

 

Either way, this letter is not one to carry my regrets, only to reveal the feelings I carry when I oversaw a lone Omega fight against a super-powered villain, one that was both an Alpha and a strong one at that! You should have seen Christine’s face when I told her that. Classic. 

 

I’m going off track here. 

 

What I wanted to divulge in this letter was to show my need to get to know you better. To perhaps go out for coffee sometime? From an Alpha to an Omega, 

                                                                                                An Alpha’s Courtship, 

                                                                                                                        Paragon.

The moment Skylar saw the name of the sender, his eyes felt like popping out of his sockets as thunder struck his being. He fumbled haphazardly with the envelope, turning back to see why the insignia had looked so familiar - a giant ‘P’ adorned with a crown, the royal insignia of the internationally famous agency Paragon fell under, Para la Crowns

 

“No way,” Skylar muttered in shock. “No freaking way.”

 

He quickly flipped the envelope around, seeing that the sender’s address was from Highland Road, otherwise known as the street of HoF Heroes. “No way.”

 

His hands trembled, shaking the envelope which made the other two cards fall out onto the floor, making clattering noises that captured his attention. He picked them up, still with shaking hands and butter fingers, and as if the address and letter wasn’t proof enough, the big, very much REAL, golden and silver cards gleamed in his face. 

 

The cards that only the Para la Crowns agency sent to those considered friends or VIP by Paragon herself. Behind it, he could see that on the golden one, Paragon had written a “This one should get you in the street.” And on the silver one read, “And, this one should get you in the house.”

 

“Hey, Bree?” Skylar’s bangs covered his eyes so Breona couldn’t see his expression. She wondered if he was mad. 

“You pinkie-promised!” Breona’s voice pitched a little there. “Lie and swallow a lime, remember?!”

 

Skylar looked up from his bangs, shooting her the most menacing glare he could create before sighing. His shoulders relaxed as he relented when he saw the fearful expression on Breona’s face. “. . .I should stop giving out free pinky-promises.”

 

“You still love me,” Breona said, in a tone that suggested her wording as a nervous question rather than a sentence despite her best efforts.

 

“Haa. . .Yes, I still love you,” Skylar said before his eyes sparkled in glee again. He held the letter and cards in front of Breona as he practically squealed, “Bree, can you believe this?!”

 

“Because I can’t,” He said, happiness practically radiating from him. “I mean - It’s from the Paragon herself. This doesn’t even happen in my dreams! And now, she’s saying she wants me out from coffee and, oh, what am I going to wear for the date? Or, is it too early to call it a date? I mean she’s just so that and I’m just so this, oh god -”


Do Consider Checking Out My Patreon/ Read Up To 10 Chapters------> https://www.patreon.com/Norobo

Or, come join my discord -------> https://discord.gg/3jQXJ8PgEq

 

81