Chapter 13: His Alpha (4)
8.2k 9 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Okay, I think I need you to take a deep breath first,” Breona said hysterically. 

 

Skylar followed her advice, inhaling a deep amount of air, perhaps a little too deep as he coughed out loud. “Any-Anyway, I’m just so happy that this happened. You know what, pinch me.”

 

“What?” 

 

“Pinch me!”

 

“Skylar, I am not going to do that.”

 

“It’s just to see if I’m drea-”

 

“You aren’t dreaming,” Breona deadpanned. ‘Although I wished you were’.

 

“So this is really happening?” Skylar asked, breathless. When he saw the affirmative nod from Breona, he fell back, leaning against his cold, soft bed. “Wow.”

 

“Wow is the correct word to use when the number one, most sought after, twice nominated sexiest Alpha and woman, three times HoH winner and perhaps the greatest Hero in existence asks you out on a date,” Breona smirked. 

 

“Oh shush,” Skylar giggled at her sarcastic quip though. “I already had my episode. Now it’s time for the questions.” He got up, sitting upright as he asked her the question that had been slipping his mind. “How did you get the envelope though?”

 

“Who else but from Miss Top Hero herself,” Breona replied, smiling when she saw the look of disbelief on Skylar’s face. 

 

“You did not meet her face to face before me,” Skylar pointed an accusatory finger at her. 

 

Breona wiggled the little finger. “Yes. I. Did.” She thought over the little meeting she had with Paragon and how the woman appeared to be rather down to earth, goofy and cheerful almost with her childish puns and quips. “You met her too. Who do you think healed you?”

 

“She was the one who healed me?!” Skylar couldn’t take the constant bombs she was dropping on him. 

 

“Yup, the whole place was shining like gold when she did that,” Breona said, lips curving as she remembered something. “And you know what?”

 

“Oh god, that face. You’re going to say something even more shocking, aren’t you?” Skylar groaned.

 

“Well if that means complimenting your looks the moment you were healed,” Breona paused for a moment, wishing she had a speed type ability so she could quickly grab her phone and take a picture of his aghast expression. “And she was absolutely smitten too.”

 

“Wh-What did she say?” Skylar asked, a blush storming on his face. 

 

Breona cleared her throat and tried to imitate her most Paragon-ish voice, “He looks as if the very god himself crafted him out of clay and silk. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so beautiful like him. I think -”

 

“Okay! That’s enough!” Skylar’s voice cracked in embarrassment. 

 

“The way his eyes are shining as if -”

 

“Stopppp!” Skylar threw a pillow at her. Breona only laughed in response as she ducked, avoiding the threatening pillow. 

 

“You should have been awake,” Breona said. “Would have heard a whole poem describing how beautiful you are, and how -” She dodged another pillow, giggling all the way.  “Lips zipping now! Just like how she - Oof!”

 

Unfortunately, she couldn’t dodge the cinnamon roll knocking the wind out of her lungs as he fell on top of him, staring menacingly at her before the both of them burst out in laughter. Skylar fell forward, giggling at the absurdity of it all into Breona’s bosom as she held him, tittering along with him. Soon enough, they quieted down, simply enjoying each other’s embrace in silence.

 

Skylar was the first to break the silence. “So - I’m being courted by Paragon right now.”

 

“So you are,” Breona smiled. “Any thoughts?”

 

“Just a little shocked,” Skylar smiled along with her.

 

“Just a little?”

“That’s what I’m admitting,” Skylar said. “I don’t want to get my hopes too high.”

 

“Oh totally, she could turn out to be a tentacle monster, sent here on earth to devour cute, little Omegas like you,” Breona tickled his sides. 

 

Skylar giggled before slapping her hands away. “Did you just plagiarize Aliens & Alphas?” 

 

“Maybe.”

 

“God, we’re so stupid.”

 

“Maybe.”

 

Again, the both of them returned to their silence. Skylar heard the thumping of Breona’s heart - slow and peaceful, something that would have quelled any worry but unluckily, the negativity this time was too strong as the whispers of doubt started to overpower Breona’s calming heartbeat.

 

“Hey Bree?”

 

“Yeah?”‘

 

Skylar chewed his next words but they broke free. “You don’t think I’m way out of my league here?”

 

“What?” Breona glanced down to see a mop of chestnut hair hiding a pair of worried, blue eyes. “Why would you ever think that?”

 

“I mean, look at me, I’m -”

 

“The most beautiful Omega in the entire world,” Breona said without hesitation. 

 

A blush came up to Skylar’s ears. “. . .But you’re legally obligated to say that.”

 

“Woah now, legally? I didn’t know being your best friend meant being legally bind to you. I take what I said back. Can I get another best frie- Ow!” Breona rubbed her nose as Skylar retracted his hands.

 

“Be serious here,” Skylar pouted. 

 

Breona pulled the boy closer, deeper into her hug as she felt him snuggle cutely into her arms, ears planted against her chest as she hoped her heartbeat would tell her what her lips could not. “You get it?”

 

Skylar nodded. “Yeah.”

 

“Skye, you’re the most beautiful, kind Omega boy I’ve ever met. I think you’re the one out of HER league,” Breona teased which furthered Skylar’s blush. “Not to mention the balls of Alpha you possessed down there, standing up against Goliath like that.”

 

Skylar blushed at that, chomping down on her arm but found that her muscles appeared tougher than his teeth. He let her arm go and just grumbled instead, muttering about Breona being a meathead and whatnot. Breona just hugged him closer with a smile, petting his head the way mothers do to their children when they pouted. She already knew that he had made his decision and despite a part of her still wanting to selfishly keep him in a locked up tower, she knew that his decision was her decision. 

 

But until the date, he was still hers to protect. With that, she started a hum to one of their favorite songs, singing the little Pantsie in her arms to sleep.


Do Consider Checking Out My Patreon/ Read Up To 10 Chapters  ------> https://www.patreon.com/Norobo

Or, come join my discord -------> https://discord.gg/3jQXJ8PgEq

82