Chapter 1
295 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wade has been wandering in a strange desert for seven days. Sand is not sand but some black dust. Massive gray rocks emerge from the black sand, and the sky itself is not blue. But it looks like the night sky, with a green polar hornbeam that stretches almost all over the sky. And the moon itself shines with a green light. However, there is no day and night cycle, it is always the same.

But the fact that Wade is completely empty on it, without food or water. Not the biggest worry Wade has right now.

No. The biggest worry is that she is no longer human. Just a week ago, Wade was a 21-year-old production worker. Who, under the influence of alcohol, came home from a social event. However, she remembers nothing more. His knowledge is partially blurred. Wade remembers nothing about people he would consider close. And it worried him, he remembered nothing significant enough to make him feel longing or wanting to return to his former life.

However, these worries were gone after a few hours. The nature of his new existence was of greater concern. Because Wade found out he was an undead, specifically a skeleton. And even though moments later he discovered that he had a system. Which even though it only has Status and inventory functions. After a few days from the fact that there was nothing he could do, because he had started an adventure in the wilderness. And only now, when at a very slow pace, he reached the areas that, apart from black sand, had rocks.

Wade initially tried to create skills. However, the only one he managed to get was the grade. As he took a handful of sand and walked for hours, he stared at the contents of his bony hand. Which by some miracle was able to hold the sand without taking out more.

Currently Wade, looking around new territory. He thought.

(Wade)-,,Finally something new ... Only how to use it. hmm ... A small pebble. Maybe I can create a skill and finally have something to do. Except for really slow walking."

There are moments later Wade keeps going in the same direction. He saw a small stone lying next to a huge rock in the shape of an oval right triangle protruding from the ground.

Wade grabbed it in his skeletal hands and thought.

(Wade)-,,I wonder how far can I throw?"

Then Wade swung and threw the stone in the direction it was going. However, the pebble only flew two meters forward. Not much, but Wade didn't get discouraged. And he repeated this process for the next hour.

Until finally, Wade threw the stone for the 30th time. A familiar gray translucent screen appeared in front of his eyes. With the System message visible.

[====================]

Crafted: Throwing Weapon. (1/100)

[The user can throw objects, throwing weapons and virtually anything he can hold. With more accuracy and speed as the level increases.]

+1% To the force of impact.

+0.2 AGI for lvl skill

[====================]

Wade was pleased with the increase in stats and excitedly, internally, opened the status window. Mentally saying "open the status."

[=====================================]

Status

Name: Wade Stone

Race:Skeleton

Level.(1/10)

Class:None

MP:410/410

Characteristics:

Strength 10
Intelligence 45
Dexterity 6.2
Wisdom 41
Stamina 7
Charisma 9
Happiness 30

Resilience
fire: 0
water: 0
earth: 0
air: 0
dark: 0
light: 0
cold: 100%
Electricity: 0
For acid: 0
For magic: 0
incisal damage: 50%
stab damage: 0
blunt damage: 50%
projectile damage: 50%

Skil:

-Observation:(1/10)

-Throwing Weapon. (1/100)

[===========================================================]

A slight increase in dexterity, or rather a change in the rubric. She made him quite happy. Because it kept him busy anytime soon. Since it's really so empty here, there aren't many beings to see. The only beings Wade had spotted in the week in the new dawn. There were green fires that ran away as soon as they noticed him. And flying in the sky an undead dragon that flew over him. Besides, he couldn't see anything, which made him more and more lonely and bored every day. But now he finally had a job, something to start.

(Wade)-,,I can finally do something besides walking. And besides, I feel that my movements are minimally smoother. Minimal, barely perceptible, but still ... hehe ... Well, it's time to move on."

Then Wade, in a really slow blunt, walked and threw a stone. In short, he repeated this cycle many times. But to occupy the mind. Due to the fact that the landscape of sand dunes and large rocks will not change over a long period of time. And he sees nothing interesting. Wade counted the number of stone throws, and how much would be needed to increase the skill level.

Level one needed 30 stone throws. However, the second twice as much. Wade tossed the stone 60 times before the skill level screen showed (2/100).

Wade wondered why it was taking so long. And he guessed that maybe with the help of a stone throw. Wade killed whatever, then he would have hit the level much faster. Because some XP would affect skill. However, Wade had no way to test the theory, so he continued to play.

However, not an hour later, when Wade was throwing the rock for the 118th time, Wade noticed something interesting, on the one hand that the rock was sticking out with something that wasn't rock or sand that he was used to.

As Wade came closer, he noticed a corpse, the rotten corpse of a horse-like creature. Which according to the injuries had been gnawed and dropped really high. Jumping on the bitten piece on the stomach. And a practically flattened horse-shaped body. However, what aroused Wade's curiosity was not only the fact that it was the first thing he had seen in days. But what could that mean and how will it be useful to him?

Wade rummaged through the rotten carcass of the strange horse. Bizarre because despite the crushing the horse's skin was not damaged, yet everything inside but a few hard bones was turned into a meat paste. Which comes from a bite mark that is the size of an adult's head and shoulders.

Wade saw some intact onia ribs. Which have not been destroyed. And walk them out. Mentally disgusted by Wade, he decided to dismantle the horse's carcass. And try to get as much as possible from the carcass.

Unfortunately, apart from the spine, a cracked skull, two 15 centimeters long ribs. Wade found nothing interesting except meat paste. Which he pulled out of the horse's carcass. For several hours, Wade chose and tried to obtain a horse skin. Which was limited to taking out the meat paste and a few hard parts of the body strong enough to stop a fall from a height. Wade guessed that the undead dragon had dropped the carcass during flight.

And after a few hours of work, Wade had literally horse-shaped skin. Boneless and nothing inside.

Skeleton satisfied with his work, thanking him for having no sense of breath. He checked the item data with "Observation."

[===================]

Name:The skin of a white horse.

Properties:
-Extremely flexible, difficult to cut by sharp tools.

.....

....

[===================]

Unfortunately, the first level does not reveal all information except the name and one property of the item. Wade doesn't know how this applies to beings, but from the fact that he had no way to check. Wade left this topic for a later date.

Then Wade took the stone he had been playing with. And the fact that it has a sharp edge. Wade took one of the surviving bones, specifically one rib. And he started making an improvised hand saw out of bones. Wade tried to punch teeth into the bone. Which he did, however, took a really long time.

 

 

 

5