Chapter 3
121 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wade approached a rather strange village with every step. From the fact that the village itself was located in an area slightly lower than the area from which he had just come. He standing on a fairly high sand hill, Wade overlooks the village.

The village is really small, limited to only one main street and a half-circle courtyard at the end of it. Wade counted about 11 buildings, including 5 collapsed and completely looking like a pile of broken stone and decayed wood.

Opposite the main street, as the most distinguished building in the area. There is a dilapidated wooden church in the roof of which there is a huge hole, and a tower in which there used to be a bell. It lies exactly in front of the entrance, thus blocking the main entrance to the church.

Other buildings, the degree of destruction of which is similar to that of the church. Of which there are fewer than those that are completely destroyed, of which there are only 5. They are scattered all over the street. There are two buildings in good condition near the church. Of course, for such a dilapidated town. Between the aforementioned buildings and the church, there are one and two remains of collapsed buildings. And the two buildings are almost opposite each other.

Wade tried to look a little more and saw that the two buildings survived, in addition to the church in the center of the village. They have a sign hanging from the roof. However, for simple reasons such as distance, it is not even possible to guess what these buildings are.

The last three surviving destroyed buildings are at the very beginning of the village. So from the side of Wade, the side he just came from. Wade can see that the three buildings are actually lying next to each other, which looks like a stable or a barn at the very edge of the village. Next to it, a distinctive wide building, which is due to tables, broken tables. And the double door lying on the ground made Wade guess that it must have been a tavern once, and the last more intact building must have been either the owner's apartment or just a lucky building.

[https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/3166662219348060/     (For a better idea. But give me a green sky.)]

However, the most interesting phenomenon in this city are the undead.

Wade saw what wasn't difficult. About 10 undead wandering aimlessly in the streets of the village.

To Wade's surprise, there were about 6 skeletons and 4 zombies in the city. However, judging by the grayed bones that were more visible, the closer Wade approached the village. And from the wreckage of buildings, Wade guessed that these slightly graying skeletons must have been burned before dying or something similar. And as you know, bones do not burn. Add to that the green sky and the whole area that looks like the kingdom of the undead. He makes Wade guess that the 6 skeletons in the square must have been burned alive or in death. And the 4 zombies must have been people who died in the square or just died and were left to rot.

They wade really slowly, though from what he noticed they were other skeletons in the village. They move several times slower than him. Although zombies have the same or even slightly faster pace than Wade. However, they apparently did not notice or ignore Wade. And he himself stood slowly behind the wall of the stable and looked at the streets.

The skeletons do not have too many differences between them. They appear to be human skeletons, although it is not known. They may have been elves, but there's no way to find out. But judging by the appearance of the zombies, 70% were once human.

Skeletons differ from each other in really small things. Which one can guess how some of them died. Of the 6 skeletons, 2 have only one hand. And three have ribs cut or only one rib broken. Wade guessed that the duo had been victims of either torture, or that part of one of the buildings had crushed their hand. And they, after turning into undead skeletons, got up, but with a missing limb.

And the three skeletons mentioned had to die from attacks being cut and stab wound on the chest.

Wade decided to use the Grade skill, out of sheer curiosity as well as the fact that he now has quite a few objects to advance his skill. As well as Wade plans to clear this village, not only of items and anything else that is useful. But Wade plans to eliminate all the undead and finally get promoted. 

But Wade looked at the last skeleton that had nothing but a chest, arms, and head, skeletal of course. Which was closest to him crawled towards the entrance to the stables.

[===========================================]

[=====================================]

Status

Name: Lea 

Race:Skeleton

Level.???

Class:???

MP:???

Characteristics:

Strength ???
Intelligence 6
Dexterity ???
Wisdom ???
Stamina ???
Charisma ???
Happiness 30

Resilience
fire: ???
water: ???
earth: ???
air: ???
dark: ???
light: ???
cold: ???
Electricity: ???
For acid: ???
For magic: ???
incisal damage: ???
stab damage: ???
blunt damage: ???
projectile damage: ???

Skil:

-???

-???

-???

-???

[===========================================================]

Wade was slightly disappointed to see only 3 positions in skeleton status. Which was obviously a female. When this thought fell into Wade's skull, he laughed internally for a moment, only to be sad for a moment when he himself looked at his bone called the pelvis. Where something important was missing.

(Wade)-,,Fuck...I swear I'll regain what I lost. And for my mental stability. Let's say my Wadeson is in astral form. Until I regain my fleshy shell called meat or body. Okey, it helped a little. Now let's look at these stronger, I believe, undead brothers.".

The nearest zombie was leaning against the wall of the tavern, and because of the fact that other zombies. The other 3 were closer to the church and only he was at the edge of the village with two and a half skeletons.

Luckily, the undead lying by the tavern was wearing clothes. It was torn in many places, mostly a large hole from his left shoulder to his chest, revealing his greenish skin. It looked a bit too big for the aforementioned zombie, a slightly bluish shirt. Where mold started to appear. So Wade guessed the zombie in question, he's been in there for a long time.

The zombie was also wearing ragged leather pants with ripped legs and a hole in his left knee. He had no shoes. The Zombie's face itself was really nasty, the skin was green, unhealthy green. And the cheeks were sunken as is usual with the body after death. The mouth of the monster caused a little riddle in Wade's mind. Since his mouth, also green, had a series of sharp, pointed teeth, it was as if almost all of his front teeth had turned into sharp, pointed fangs. But was it the fault of turning into a zombie, or was the zombie a member of some mysterious race? Wade didn't know it, but he continued to study him.

The zombie's eyes were pure white, not counting the green veins that appeared on the sides of the eyeball. And what surprised Wade, the zombie had hair that didn't seem rotten. Although in the Fantasy world, the undead and this zombie may not only be an animate corpse, but a separate race. Or it is one of the perks of zombies who had hair in their lifetime and kept it after death. Wade didn't know it, but this zombie is easier to look at when he has hair.

Regarding the breakdown of the body or parts of it that don't seem complete. He is the aforementioned zombie, he has only one eye and an arrow stuck into the other eye socket. Which made Wade think that the Zombie was literally pinned to the wall of the tavern. And for there was no living sacrifice to motivate him to get up. The zombie remained in this position, which explains the garments that began to become covered in mold and some strange green moss-like plant.

The zombie's chest is almost torn, the skin on the exposed part of the chest. It seems stretched and has cracks in several places. And in some places, Wade sees strange fleshy balls or something shining through the green leather.

Wade wished there was a zombie girl in the square as he would have been more willing to examine her. After all, Wade is an undead skeleton. So it would not be necrophilia but sexual harassment. But whatever, Wade had a silly thought to cheer him up on zombie status.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/1759287338605901/

[=====================================]

Status

Name: Bobguard (aka Bob)

Race:Skeleton

Level.???

Class:???

MP:???

Characteristics:

Strength 57
Intelligence ???
Dexterity ???
Wisdom ???
Stamina ???
Charisma ???
Happiness 30

Resilience
fire: ???
water: ???
earth: ???
air: ???
dark: ???
light: ???
cold: ???
Electricity: ???
For acid: ???
For magic: ???
incisal damage: ???
stab damage: ???
blunt damage: ???
projectile damage: ???

Skil:

-???

-???

-???

-???

[===========================================================]

 (Wade)-,,Bob?? Fuck!. Almost 60 strength. Although maybe just having muscles and stitches and everything else. Even as rotten as a zombie. It can give you less strength than an ordinary person. Because you know muscles are rotting. But it alone makes me sure one hit to my skull and I'm .... twice as dead."

Wade pondered a theory why Bob is so strong in STR. However, after all, skeletons are not the strongest undead, they are rather at the very bottom of the humanoid undead. And Bob has a rotten but a body. So it is not surprising that his statistics, although probably smaller than those of a living person. If body rot has an effect on the zombies here. This still puts them in a better position than skeletons which if they are not lucky. And they won't be in a large group that somehow finds something alive. They will always be skeletons. And Lea, the aforementioned skeleton girl, without the bottom half. She was doomed to crawl until someone destroys this village or the dragon decides to destroy it.

Luckily for Lea and the villagers. Wade is a friendly skeleton from the neighborhood. He will gladly help them end their torment, and as a reward he will get the necessary Xp and items.

 

 

After Wade finished staring at Bob, Wade noticed Lea. She had already crawled to his position, which was the side wall of the stable, right next to the main entrance to it.

Wade flinched slightly as the top half of the skeleton crawled close to him. Not because it looks terrible, because surprisingly, Wade doesn't even feel disgusted with Bob. Which looks like a horror movie. But he just thought, then suddenly saw her next to him.

However, Lea did not stop at Wade. But she crawled on and headed behind the stables. So Wade decided to go after her.

Yet considering Wade's sheer speed is comically slow. It was Lea, due to the lack of legs, was half as slow. So seeing that there is no other undead in sight. Because now they are behind the wall of the stable, on the side of which is only a desert.

Wade grabbed her hand and dragged her to the center of the side wall of the stables. And just at the end, a tight lug and half of the skeleton was chewed up like a stone three meters ahead. Which resulted in the promotion to the 12th level. However, as he did so, Lea began to crawl aggressively towards Wade. Though just a tad faster than normal, Wade felt she was trying to stab him.

(Wade)-,,Sorry, Lea. But you're not my type. You're missing key elements ... Hehe ... Rest in peace."

Then Wade pulled his favorite stone from his inventory. And circling Leah and before she had time to turn to face him. Wade used all his strength, but it wasn't until the 5th time Leo's skull cracked. And surprisingly, her body or the rest of her skeleton fell apart, turning into a pile of bones. Which have separated from each other.

[========================]

[You killed the Skeleton.]

[Your level went up one step.]

[+1 to basic statistics.]

[Your level went up one step.]

[+1 to basic statistics.]

[=========================]

Wade felt stronger, a little bit but always. And Wade, on his way back, went to see if he had attracted the attention of others, but as it turned out. Nobody approached the place where Wade destroyed the first skeleton. Instead, most remained the same, only one of the skeletons headed towards the church. Leaving Wade, Bob and two skeletons next to the tavern.

Wade decided to check his status and start cleaning the city from the tavern.

[=====================================]

Status

Name: Wade Stone

Race:Skeleton

Level.(3/10)

Class:Craftsman(1/100)

MP:475/475

Characteristics:

Strength 14.2(+4)
Intelligence 47.5(+2)
Dexterity 8.2(+2)
Wisdom 42(+2)
Stamina 12(+2)
Charisma 11 (+2)
Happiness 32 (+2)

Resilience
fire: 0
water: 0
earth: 0
air: 0
dark: 0
light: 0
cold: 100%
Electricity: 0
For acid: 0
For magic: 0
incisal damage: 53%(+3%)
stab damage: 0
blunt damage: 50%
projectile damage: 52%(+2%)

Skil:

-Observation:(2/10)

-Throwing Weapon. (12/100)

[===========================================================]

3