Chapter 16
70 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wade being about 5 minutes from the city. He could already see the enormous walls of the city made of gray stone, and the sea itself in the Greek style. That is, a thick sea, with a route around the city, separated from the outer world by a 1.5 meter high belt with indentations 0.5 meters long and also 0.5 meters wide. Wade could see the guards dressed in plate armor, but all he could see was a red Gecky helm with a purse and silver steel shoulder straps. So he didn't have a chance to see them.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/216595063318634071/

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/27725353947454266/

Wade realized that with his present appearance, he looked more like a shaman or a cultist and might have trouble getting into town.

Wade is wearing theoretically expensive black western wolf coat. However, it is self-made, so Wade, after thinking about it, decided to stop. And with the help of plants growing on the surrounding trees, make a makeshift bag for leather and a bow. Wade found vines in abundance, and the creation of such a backpack consisted of taking out the remaining three wolf fur coats, folding them into cubes and tying them with a creeper.

Creating a working arc would be more difficult, however Wade decided to make only a makeshift model. That it would only look like a bow. And after finishing the preparation, Wade holding the skins on his back and clutching the bow in his hand. He headed for the entrance to the city, which was a drawbridge, despite the lack of a moat, with enormous bars serviced by a system of chains and knobs on the inside of the city.

There were two guards standing at the entrance to the city, both wearing Grek's helmets with a red plume, which was evidently a part of the uniforms of the city guards.

Their uniforms were the same, except, of course, the guards' stature, one of whom was a full-bodied bully and the other a lean guy. Their uniform consisted of plate armor with many red accents and a dragon crest on a red background on the chest. They also had Roman or Greek lower armor that looked to Wade like a cut armored skirt. However, the appearance of the armor set was impressive.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/162974080255916865/

Their armament consisted of a halberd with a red holo-ring next to the blade with the coat of arms of the kingdom, i.e. a white dragon on a red background. Additionally, both guards had long, poisonous red shields on their backs with a metal silver framing that Wade saw as one of the guards followed the towering slave carriage.

Before entering the city, on the wooden "bridge", there were two more people waiting in line. Or one person and a tool, but Wade did not like the term. Currently, Wade stands behind a slave dressed in straw, worn-out robes, the slave was clearly a beastman, specifically half a man. a man half a dog. And he was wearing a huge rucksack with herbs. And in front of him stood a bearded man with the greens of a mage's robe with a hood, with a coat of arms on his back, he could not see exactly because of the slave obscuring his view. having only a coat of arms, it didn't look new, and it was slightly worn by time.

So Wade guessed that the old man might be a poor noble dabbling in medicine or potions if the herbs in the backpack were any clue.

When it was Wade's turn, the two guards crossed their halberds and glared at Wade. And one of them, the one on Wade's left, the smaller guard. He said in an authoritarian voice.

(Slim Guardian)-Reason for visit?

Wade, having a full plan in mind, looked up to meet the guard's eyes and replied confidently.

(Wade)-Sale of goods.

Wade preferred not to give out too much information unless asked. But he had an interesting story at the ready.

The guard looked at Wade's pale skin and, smiling slightly at his companion, said.

(Slim Guardian)-You don't look like a hunter? Could you please tell us the stories of how someone's Mr. ... noble appearance. Has acquired the "goods" you want to sell?

(Wade)-Good. Less than a week ago, me and my two slaves. I was traveling by carriage to my friend's house. However, during the journey, we were mugged, my two slaves died, and I myself was taken away from home. However, due to passing out, I couldn't free myself quickly enough. The opponents were ordinary bandits so two spells did the trick. However, I was far from home, and I was clearly in a carriage that wasn't carrying my belongings. So I was forced to improvise. So after hunting a few animals, I decided to go to town and earn enough money to either go home. Or stay in the city, after all I'm the 8th son and they probably already considered me dead. So we'll see what it will be like.

The smaller guard had a more serious expression. Wade guessed that he had previously thought of "confiscating" the goods for easy profit. Wade knew the smile fairly well from his previous life. However, when the guard heard the keywords "8 son" probably a noble, "spell" which is probably a magician. depending on the world, they are most often highly valued or at least approached with distance and caution, which was confirmed by the disappointed sigh of both guards.

(Slim Guardian)- Then welcome to the port city of GoldStream, mr?

(Wade)-Wade...

The guard looked as if he was thinking for a moment, then he and his companion fenced off the road. And Wade walked into town.

The city on the main street was quite picturesque, stone buildings, street imitating concrete. And many people dressed in fantastic armor or robes. The street was busy and the shops around were bustling with life.

Wade was walking down the street and some people were giving him glances. However, no one paid much attention to him. Most were busy with their own lives, and they might have thought Wade was some kind of druid or someone with a summoner class. Because walking past one shop that had magic wands, robes and the like on display. There were two adventurers, and one had a similar coat, but the stranger's coat shimmered with colored lights. But most importantly, his fellow warrior called him a druid. So Wade guessed this as the reason why the surrounding people ignored him more.

Wade decided to look for a shop selling leather or materials called a tanner or shoemaker. And the city was really huge, and Wade had seen a lot of different kinds of shops. After all, port cities are usually places of trade. So such a variety of goods is understandable.

It took fifteen minutes for Wade to reach the store which was located on the border of the shopping street. Which deviated from the main street. Wade noticed the store, which was one of the last to be made of stone. And in the yard, which could be seen because the building itself had a space in the form of a lawn, and at the right angle, you could see what was behind the building. More precisely, animal skins stretched over a square frame.

The building itself looked quite peculiar to Wade as his architectural style in this city is quite rare. He had known the look of the building only twice before, and one was a swordsmen's scroll shop and the other was a stationery shop. The building gave Wade a feeling of a Japanese or Western European feel from the late medieval period. The building had another story and looked like a modern house with a garage to Wade, but there was a shop in the place of the garage.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/18858892181748766/

Wade walked over to the storefront of the building, and the interior of the store looked neat. There are many long rolls of various materials on the sides, and behind the cash register in the form of a marble top. There are many animal skins hanging in an orderly fashion with prices in the form of sheets of paper hanging on hooks above the skins. A fair-skinned elf, about 20, was standing by the register, wearing a leather apron and a red dress. She had blonde hair and green eyes and her figure was really tempting despite the fact that she covered a lot of the dress. However, the most attention, apart from the figure of the elf, is the metal collar on her neck. Who made it clear to Wade that she was a slave.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/269864202660739487/

In the background, Wade hears a man probably yelling at the other slaves. To prepare an order, so Wade was annoyed about it. As Wade walked over to the cash register, he heard the elf's ugly "druit" softly to himself before smiling at Wade. And she speaks.

(Liliana)-Welcome to the wholesaler, tannery "Winchert". My name is Liliana, so I can serve you.

Wade smiled politely at the elf and replied calmly.

(Wade)-I am in possession of 3 Western Black Wolf furs. And I heard from a good friend that your plant offers the best valuable purchase, such rare goods.

(Liliana)-I...

Once Wade had finished his sentence, and the blonde elf had to answer. From the back room, Wade heard sudden footsteps, and moments later the back door, located to the left of Wade. It opened with a bang and a smiling, rather fat man entered.

The man was really fat and a fold of fat started to form under the neck. He had short hair and a rather long Slavic style mustache. He was about 45 years old and wore brown fur with an inside and a collar made of white fur from an unknown animal species Wade. The fur itself had many gold knots or other ornaments. Wade saw that the guy was wearing stylish shirts with gold patterns and matching gray pants with black polished shoes.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/1407443623979362/

The man entered the elf's place and with his dense hand in the form of pointing her direction he chased her to the back. Then he himself smiled at Wade, a harsh smile in his eyes.

(Richard)-I admit that I heard your conversation with my slave by chance. And I am happy that one of my stores has gained renome. That someone recommended you to sell such hard-to-reach furs right in my shop.

The landlord clapped his hand pleased and said with a smile.

(Richard)-It makes me very happy. However, I should introduce myself, my name is Richard von Streon and as you probably already know I am the owner of this and a few more shops in this beautiful city. And of course I am interested in buying your goods, could I please.

Wade gives three black fur coats to men, who carefully inspects the furs. He used some measuring devices resembling compasses and a few others. He even used a spell the magic-circle of which was slightly gray in color. Then he smiled and said.

(Richard)-The furs have been carefully harvested, it shows. Luckily they're fresh, so I guess you're back from your trip.

(Wade)-So on my way to the city I met a small group and it would be a sin to waste such an opportunity.

(Richard)-I completely agree. Although I am surprised that someone like you would undertake to skin such beast.

He said looking at Wade's hands for a moment.

(Wade)-My father taught that if you can't do it yourself, you don't deserve a slave. Overall, my father made sure that I had a wide range of skills. And as you can see, he was right.

Richard chuckled and stroked his mustache.

(Richard)-These are really wise words. The child not only learns a lot of skills, but also does not become a spoiled brat ... Like my son ... Maybe with the next child, he will use the same method of "teaching". Thank your father and about these three fur coats. As you can see. fresh and ready to be handed over to the border. Taking into account the demand and stay for such goods, and the costs that I have to bear, I propose 2 gold coins.

(Richard)-As you've probably been taught, I can't buy it from you for more than I sell it around myself. So I think that 2 gold coins are still good valuable.

While Richard was discussing the reason for the selling price. Wade tried to look like he didn't think he was getting enough fur, simple facial expressions. What someone would expect from a noble. So after Richard explained, Wade sighed and said.

(Wade)-It's a side profit anyway, so ... okay. He plans to move out in the surrounding areas for training purposes in some time. So if I accidentally come across something "special" I would love to visit your store again.

Richard smiled happily and Wade knew that he must have plucked him on the money. However, Wade could not be fussy and two gold coins for 3 furs is a lot. Especially when Wade found out that the monetary system consists of: 1 silver coin = 100 copper coins, 1 gold coin = 100 silver coins, 1 platinum coin = 100 gold and the last, 1 mithir coin = 100 platinum. And from what he saw on the price lists of restaurants and taverns, one meal can cost from 5 copper coins up. And one room a day in one of the taverns was only 20 silver coins. And the tavern looked quite expensive compared to the cheaper ones where the night cost less than 1 silver. So Wade decided it was a good return anyway. So after saying goodbye, Wade left the store. And he decided to go to one of the tavernas close to the shopping street, where the precious place is not high and the neighborhood is quite quiet.

1