Volume 1 Chapter 7 Clues
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the evening, after Su fell asleep, Fang Ling took out the piece of cloth that was hidden and started sewing until Xiaowuzi's voice came from outside.
After a while, the two entered the Court of Imperial Hospital one after another. It was late at night, and the imperial physicians in the courtyard had already returned home. Even the servants had fallen asleep early in the side yard.
As soon as he entered the backyard, he saw Lin Mowen sleeping soundly on the table.
Xiaowuzi pushed the door open and took out the key hanging on Lin Mowen's waist. He rummaged through the cabinet and took out all the documents in it. Then, he smiled charmingly and said, "Your Highness, take your time. I'll stand guard outside for you."
Fang Ling nodded and sat down to slowly examine the transfer of goods. He flipped through the records for a few years and found that they were all about the storing of medicinal herbs in the warehouse. As for the items that were first placed in the warehouse, most of them belonged to the side branch servants. There was no medicine cabinet in the medicine warehouse.
It was not until he had flipped through more than a dozen books and looked at the records of more than a decade ago that she found that there was a medicine cabinet record. However, the medicine cabinet in the middle room was damagedand it was ordered to be built by carpenters in the palace.
Fang Ling furrowed his brows in deep thought. He originally thought that the medicine cabinet was taken from the house of a corrupt minister and that the dagger was hidden there. However, he didn’t expect that this wasn’t the case.
In this way, who put the dagger there?
Fang Ling pondered for a long time but couldn’t come up with an answer. In the end, he called Xiaowuzi in and asked casually, “Xiaowuzi, has anything major happened in the Imperial Hospital in recent years?”
"Something big?" Little Wu tilted his head and thought for a long time. Then he slammed his fist and said excitedly, "Your Highness, there is really something big."
“What is it?” Fang Ling asked, looking spirited.
Xiaowuzi described, "A year ago, a female assassin was found in the Imperial Palace. It's said that the female assassin was very good at martial arts. More than 100 guards couldn't trap her. In the end, the Imperial Preceptor took action and forced her to the Imperial Hospital. According to the guards, at that time, the Imperial Preceptor fought with the female assassin in the Imperial Hospital. It was so earth-shattering that the entire Imperial Hospital was almost torn down. In the end, it seemed that the female assassin was caught in the medicine warehouse."
Fang Ling's heart skipped a beat. If what Xiaowuzi said was true, then this dagger must have been left behind by the female assassin. To be able to fight against the Imperial Hospital, she must know some immortal arts. And this dagger also had immortal techniques. These two were definitely not coincidences.
He hurriedly asked, “Then what happened to this female assassin?”
Xiaowuzi answered matter-of-factly, "She'll be locked up in jail, of course."
Fang Ling asked a few more questions and found that Xiaowuzi was just hearsay, so he decided to ask Dong Canghai.
After leaving the Imperial Hospital, Fang Ling searched for Dong Canghai.
In a corner of the hall, Dong Canghai nodded firmly after hearing about the female assassin. He said, "Yes, there was such a thing. At that time, I was in the side hall. When I heard the noise, I went to catch the female assassin, but the assassin came and went without a trace. The 100 guards couldn't do anything to her, and many people were injured. Later, the Imperial Preceptor took action to control her. I also saw the immortal art of the Imperial Preceptor at that time."
"Is she still alive in the prison?" Fang Ling asked.
Dong Canghai frowned deeply and said, “That’s hard to say. The prison is basically an isolated place from the world. Her identity was an assassin, the chances of her surviving should be comparatively low.”
“Then if she’s still alive and I want to see her, how much money would it cost?” Fang Ling didn’t give up just because of Dong Canghai’s words.
Dong Canghai was shocked when he heard this, and then he glanced towards the surroundings before he said in a low voice, “Your Highness intends to see that female assassin?”
Fang Ling nodded calmly and didn’t explain why.
Seeing that he was not joking, Dong Canghai pinched his chin and pondered for a long time before said, "This is not a small matter. It is said that the female assassin came here to assassinate the emperor, but her whereabouts were discovered by the guards. If the news of Your Highness meeting the female assassin spreads to the empress, it will be very unfavorable for Your Highness and Her Highness. If you really want to go, you must hide your identity. Well, if I come out to mediate, I know the prison guards, but these guys have a big appetite. Generally speaking, even if the high officials of the imperial court come to mediate, it will take at least 500 taels of silver to meet people."
“500 taels of silver? That’s not too much.” Fang Ling was a little surprised. He didn’t think that going to the prison would cost so much silver. However, since he knew how to combine the medicinal ingredients, he should be able to gather the money in two to three days.
However, Dong Canghai shook his head and said, "That female assassin is different. Since she tried to assassinate His Majesty and was taken by the Preceptor, I guess she is being held in the ninth floor of the prison. There are all kinds of vicious criminals there. If we want to ensure that nothing will go wrong in the prison, at least that's the number."
Seeing Dong Canghai raise three fingers, Fang Ling stared blankly for a moment and said, “Three thousand taels?”
“Yes, as long as there are three thousand taels of silver, I can guarantee that those people will keep their mouths shut about this matter.” Dong Canghai nodded heavily. He was well aware of the situation Fang Ling and his mother were in. It was impossible for them to fork out three thousand taels of silver.
Unexpectedly, he heard Fang Ling say, “Alright, then go inquire about that female assassin first.”
Dong Canghai hesitated for a moment, but he swallowed his worries and nodded respectfully.
Fang Ling took out another silver note and passed it to Dong Canghai as he said, “Consider this silver as your fee. I’ll give you the rest tomorrow.”
Seeing that Fang Ling had given him a hundred taels of silver, Dong Canghai was stunned and said, “Your Highness, this money...”
Fang Ling smiled and said, “Don’t worry. This money came from proper channels, you don’t have to ask about anything else.”
Even though he spoke like this, Fang Ling still sighed in his heart. If he wanted to see that female assassin, then he actually had to spend 3,000 taels of silver. This was an amount that he didn’t even dare imagine in the past, and even if he possessed this immortal technique, he had to put in some effort.
Even though Dong Canghai was astounded, since Fang Ling had spoken like this, then with his status, he naturally didn’t dare to pursue the matter. Moreover, the truth was that even if he wanted to know if the female assassin was still alive, he still had to use some money.
Early the next morning, Fang Ling left the palace.
When he was in the palace, he was a prince few people knew about. When he left the palace, he was an ordinary person who was even less known. However, this kind of identity made him feel more relaxed and natural. Every time he left the palace, the idea of taking his mother out of the palace became stronger and stronger.
Fang Ling came to the alley and was about to take off his palace gown when he saw something suddenly jump out of the discarded cotton quilt next to him. He fixed his eyes on it and saw that it was the little white dog.
The little white dog barked excitedly as it circled around his feet. From time to time, it would stick out its tongue to kiss him, as if it was very happy to see Fang Ling.
Fang Ling couldn't help laughing. He squatted down and touched its little head, saying, "Since you are so patient to wait for me, I'll treat you to steamed buns today."
The little white dog also seems to understand. It jumps up happily, and its injured foot has already healed completely.
Fang Ling took off his palace costume and went to the bun shop to buy two buns. He bought one for himself and one for the little white dog, and then came to Renxin Hall.
As soon as he saw Fang Ling, Xiaosi immediately called Manager Hu. Hu Dahai greeted him respectfully into the room with a big smile on his face.
Fang Ling brought almost the same amount of herbs as yesterday. Although there were only two ginsengs, the rest more than a dozen other precious herbs were also rare on the market.
Hu Dahai sighed while calculating, “Brother Fang’s boss is really amazing. I thought it would take ten days to half a month to get a batch, but I didn’t expect it to appear on the second day.”
Fang Ling smiled slightly. There were a lot of medicinal materials stored in the warehouse of the palace. Yesterday, when he looked through the documents, he found that the yearly tribute of ginseng was more than 500 kilograms, including his medicinal materials. Although the bad medicinal materials were just a drop in the bucket, it was still a lot.
After taking inventory, Hu Dahai gave the list to Fang Ling. After he nodded his head, he took the banknote for 180 taels from the accountant.
Just as Fang Ling was about to go out, Hu Dahai suddenly patted his head and asked, "Brother Fang, does your boss have good ginseng of more than 50 years old?"
"50 years?" Fang Ling frowned.
Hu Dahai said, "To tell you the truth, tomorrow is the birthday of the General Tang's mother. Many subordinate officials are in a hurry to send gifts to her. The gifts to the old people are naturally supplements like ginseng and swallow's nest, and the ginseng that they send naturally needs a good quality. So I think that the best ginseng is above the age of 50 years old. If your boss can get it, I am willing to pay 350 taels of silver for one."
“300 taels?” Fang Ling knew that this price wasn’t low. After thinking for a bit, he had an idea and asked, “How many do you want?”
Seeing that there was hope, Manager Hu quickly said, “Two.”
Fang Ling calculated the money in his hands and nodded, “Then I’ll send them to you tomorrow morning.”
Manager Hu was overjoyed and personally escorted Fang Ling out of the store.

Read all chapters free on Meganovel:https://m.meganovel.com/book_info/31000218135/Fantasy/Cultivation-Life-with-Alchemy

0