Ch 4: Bajamira labyrinth
8.5k 7 180
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The knight’s test will be held in five days. Plus, your identity has already been registered, so on that day you will not need to queue"

'I arrived five days early, huh?'

It's alright; it doesn't matter. This is actually a normal thing because travel between cities and towns is usually fraught with danger. 

'Um… I already had an accident, and I'm alive by pure luck… 49 points in luck to be exact.'

After saying goodbye to the knight, I returned to the carriage and headed for the shopping street. On each side of the street, there is a different business offering everything from food to armor. I stopped in front of a shop that buys loot from monsters.

By the way, this is the first time I've visited Altamira City, so how do I know the exact location of everything? Simple: My map has registered almost 80% of the city. Apparently, when I was a baby, my parents walked around the city, and all those tours were recorded on my map.

"Good afternoon. I want to sell these thin blades"

"Oh, I see. Let me see them"

With the thin blades in hand, the man behind the counter removed a magical item from its shelf and appraised my loot. The result was a window on the thin blades, demonstrating their authenticity.

"They are original and in good condition. I can offer you a piece of copper for each of them"

"My parents are former adventurers…"

Businessman: "!!!"

Coughing a little, the merchant said, "Sorry, I meant a copper coin for each of them."

He literally wanted to buy them from me for 1/10 of their real price. 10 pieces of copper are equal to one copper coin, this is the money that is normally used for small transactions.

"Good."

"Thank you for visiting this store. Come back soon"

Emir: "…"

If it weren't for the fact that it's the only store on my map that buys loot, I wouldn't go back here! It's a pity that the adventurer's guild only buys loot from those who have the [Adventurer] class in their status. Also, I've heard that their prices change depending on whether you're registered with the guild or not.

Back in the carriage, I headed towards the nearest armor and weapons shop according to my map. There appeared a merchant with a red band on his head and a scar on his cheek. He has brown hair and a slim build.

[Erick] [Blacksmith Lvl 21]

For a moment, I thought his appearance didn't lend itself well to being a merchant, so I assumed he'd try to dupe me, but...

"For all those weapons and armor, I will give you three gold coins, and I am being very generous with that price"

"Deal"

In the back of the carriage, I still have the weapons and armor that both the passengers and the thieves wore. According to my assumptions, I should get about 2 gold and 6 silver, but, unexpectedly, Erick is a good person.

"Is that carriage yours?"

"Yes, it is"

Since the carriage and belongings would be in the hands of the thieves if they survived, the kingdom has by law declared that any object obtained from them belongs to whoever exterminates them. Therefore, since I am the only survivor, now everything belongs to me. This law was made to encourage the extermination of thieves and criminal classes.

"8 gold, deal?"

"Ok"

Although his dialect is very informal, I understood him perfectly.

'Is this the language of money?'

"Bye, thank you."

"Bye. If you need something, you know where I am"

After receiving the 11 gold coins, I said goodbye to Erick.

'With these types of merchants, it is a pleasure to talk. Can I mark his shop on the map? …Yes, I can.'

I quickly added a green marker to his store, while adding a red 'X' to the scammer merchant's.

Now that I have sold the carriage and all the other things, I find myself alone with my suitcase in hand and the sword hanging from my waist.

'Time to find a hotel.'

Luckily, the map also has one recorded, so I just walked in its direction. On the way, I couldn’t take my eyes off the women. Pronounced bust and protruding buttocks… Of course, the luck attribute played a big role here. I fear that I would have fallen to the ground many times by turning my head at the sight of them. Without realizing it, I arrived in front of the hotel.

It's six stories tall, made of concrete, and not very visually appealing. But if I want luxury, then I'd have to pay a lot for it. Even with the gold I have, it's best not to spend unnecessarily.

"Three pieces of copper a night; with food included, that will be four pieces."

"Okay, I want to stay for 5 days with food included."

"Good. For 5 days, it will be 20 pieces of copper, which is equivalent to 2 copper coins. Your room is number 514"

After paying, I received the key with the room number.

"Fifth floor, what a great view!"

In Dominir Town, the largest house only has 3 floors, since from then on, the house requires concrete to create a stable base, something that is impossible in a remote town like ours.

All the houses were made of wood, including my parents', so a view from the fifth floor really is something extraordinary for me.

I looked through the window until it got dark, and then I went to sleep.

***

The next day.

"The Altamira Labyrinth?"

"Yes, do you know in which direction it is?" I asked the hotel receptionist about the labyrinth. 

I want to know how far my parents' teachings can take me and understand how strong I am. I also want to know if I can get the adventurer class.

"From the north exit, just follow the dirt road and you will get to it."

"I see, thanks."

I have my sword and mail equipped, and my belongings are kept in a magically protected box in my room. 

'Yep, I am ready to go.'

"Wait," the receptionist stopped me.

"Hmm?"

"If you plan to enter the labyrinth, I recommend not doing it since it is very dangerous."

"Despite my appearance, I have received training from an early age."

"Is that so? I see... Then I recommend you enter the Bajamira labyrinth."

"Bajamira? I have never heard of such a labyrinth."

"It's a name that adventurers gave it, but it's not official. It's a labyrinth that hasn't received the fame it deserves, since its monsters don't offer good profits…" She paused for a moment and then continued, "Anyway, it's still good for-… Um, the rookie’s practice"

"...Okay, where is it?" Even though she called me a rookie to my face, I didn't get mad, as she did it with good intentions in mind.

"Here, look." Under the desk, she pulled out a map and showed it to me.

[Map Updated]

With such a message in my user interface, the whole map that was transparent quickly got colored. If previously 80% of Altamira city was in color, now it is 100% of it.

"From the east exit, you will have to walk through the woods for a few minutes, and then you will arrive. You will notice it immediately due to the large stone next to the entrance"

"I understand; thank you."

Asking the receptionist had unexpected benefits. On the one hand, my map was updated to 100% concerning the capital, and I also got the location of a little-frequented labyrinth. Two birds with one stone.

After a few minutes, I arrived at the east exit of the city.

Sometime later, I found a large rock in the forest. Next to it, there is an illusory door that reflects beautiful colors. At first glance, anyone would think that it is the entrance to a world of wonders. Unfortunately, there are countless monsters inside it, ready to kill you with the slightest opportunity you give them.

"Here we go." Without hesitation, I entered the door and was teleported into the labyrinth.

In front of me is a large, endless corridor made of rock that is 4m high and 6m wide. This is partially illuminated thanks to the small flowers and plants that surround the labyrinth.

I quickly checked the UI to see if I got a new class but… Unfortunately, nothing happened.

"What if I defeat a monster?"

All classes are like this. No one has any idea how to get them, and, before you know it, at some point you'll meet the conditions to get them. Until then, it's going to be a steep road. Even the books give vague information about the conditions.

With my sword in hand, I walked in a straight line. 3 minutes later, the road forked with a corridor to the right and another to the left. Seeing my map, I smiled.

"The labyrinth corridors are also recorded on the map!"

Many of the adventurers who enter a labyrinth end up getting lost without knowing how to go forward or backward, especially those who perform the 'way of the adventurer's temper'.

In simple words, it is a way of life that is based on not learning too much about the lower floors to improve the instincts of an adventurer since information is not easily obtained on the upper floors. But that won't be the case for me. Just by looking at the map, I'll know how to proceed!

I chose the corridor to the right, and, sometime later, I found a monster.

 

180