Ch 11: My instincts detect danger
7.4k 4 159
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There is no need for such courtesy. If I really wanted that, then I would have made my last name known."

With a kind smile, Yair patted my shoulder. Then he stopped and carefully began to touch it.

'Hey! you're giving me the creeps.'

"You have firm muscles… I see that you have trained from an early age, and by your sword, I can tell that your parents consider that you possess the ability to defend yourself."

'No, no, no. My parents simply gave me a bronze sword and relied on the family luck to send me away from home. Though I don't deny the hellish training.'

"Mm. My parents only recently permitted me to carry a sword with a skill on it." Although Stella's voice is soft, she showed a lot of determination. I originally thought she was a shy and quiet person, but apparently she's not.

"Actually, my parents gave me a simple sword. It was thanks to my achievements in the labyrinth that I managed to buy one"

"So, you acquired the adventurer class?" Stella asked, very animated.

"Yes, but before entering the order of knights, I had to remove it"

"Ah, I understand you. I also had a class before, but I had to remove it a few days ago."

It seems Yair went to the Solus temple to remove his class.

This temple offers its faith to the god Solus. Everyone who belongs to its religion will be able to obtain the benefits of the temple at a lower cost. But everything has one condition… Annual offerings. That are not necessarily about money.

Whoever does not belong to the temple must pay a large sum of money for any benefit.

Removing the class is one of them. This is done to increase the chance of success in acquiring another class. But, even so, the results are not clear. While some say that it is a superstition, others say that it is a necessary procedure.

Of course, I just changed the class with the user interface. 

As we speak, we walk towards the noble group.

I feel a little nervous. If each of these children had a numerical value, it would be reflected in white gold coins. If they ask us to train together with the nobles, I'm afraid that one blow I land on them will leave me in debt for life.'

'This feeling is worse than the one I had in the slave trade shop.'

"The knights of the Castemira Kingdom carry their swords in one hand to carry out the orders of King Alfonso Fiore, and have their shields in the other to protect the faithful of the temple. None of us must act…"

A knight stood before a podium and began the speech for the future knights. Everyone remained silent, listening attentively to his words.'

About 10 minutes later, he finished with the following words.

"... Take up your weapons and prove your loyalty to the kingdom."

Right after that, a lot of heavily armored knights came up to us and told us where we could find weapons.

"Any weapon that you carry must be locked down. You are only allowed to carry the weapons that the order of knights gives you."

While the commoners had to form a long line to hand over their weapons, the noble sector had dozens of knights who facilitated the work. This consisted of keeping all belongings in the weapon and armor categories in a box protected with magic.

The belongings of five nobles were kept in just one box, while for the dozens of commoners, it was a huge box. The difference in treatment is too obvious.

"Go ahead, give them your belongings first. I'll do it later"

"Okay, thank you."

"Thanks"

I was the one who said those words, not to be polite or anything like that.

The moment it was my turn, I controlled the UI and entered my sword and chainmail into inventory. In the eyes of a third party, my action was that of someone who simply put their belongings inside the box.

Seeing that my deception was not discovered, I wiped the sweat from my brow.

"Choose your sword and shield" said a knight.

"Is it possible to only carry a sword?"

"Go ahead. If you feel more comfortable with that option, you can do it"

After a noble asked, the knight kindly answered him, very different from the commoner group, where they were forced them to carry a sword and shield.

'I'm getting more and more uneasy about being in this group. Will they ever find out I'm a commoner?'

All of the swords are made of iron and have no empty slots, but they all appear to be brand new. Also, since no noble took a shield, I followed the rest and didn't either.

"Very well, now choose your opponent. This will be your training partner for the duration of this knight test"

"Stella, we both have similar abilities. Would you like to-…" Yair started to say but…

"Stella, here you are. Please, be my partner." Someone interrupted Yair.

"Ok, let's go"

Yair: "…"

Out of nowhere, a very beautiful young woman with black hair appeared, took Stella by the arm, and led her away, leaving Yair speechless.

"Thank you for helping me," Stella murmured.

"No problem"

'Talk quieter. I can hear you.'

"Emir, you have experience as an adventurer. Do you want us to compare skills?" Yair said.

"Yes, I would like it"

In fact, I want to refuse, get out of here, and go to the commoners' group. My instincts tell me that the longer I'm here, the bigger the problems will be.

The knights again took us to the training ground and said, "Ready your weapons...And...Commence!"

"Here I come, Emir!"

Yair ran toward me and swung his sword in a horizontal line. I raise my sword upright and block his attack. From the feeling, I can tell that we have similar strengths.

[Yair Cangani Lv15] [Class: None]

[(Royal blood)]

HP=10 || PM=10

Agility=8 || Strength=11

Intelligence=9 || Luck=3

[Resistances]

Physical=1 || Magic=1

Poison=1 || Curse=3

'Although he has one more point in strength. In practice, I feel it won't be much different from my 10 points. Also, strangely, he has greater resistance to curses. Is it because he has royal blood? Haa… If I had time, I could draw more conclusions, but now comes Yair's next attack.'

Seeing that his attack was blocked, he picked up his arm and then stretched it out with great force, much like a thrust. Such an attack is impossible to block, so I took a few steps to the side and dodged it.

Because of his position, Yair was left defenseless on his right side. So, I raise my sword and position it in front of his neck.

"…"

'This silence is awkward. Please speak.'

"I see you've gained a lot of experience as an adventurer. This is my defeat. Let's continue with the next round"

"Yes"

Although his eyebrow trembled a lot, he managed to keep his composure. We separated a few meters from each other and started the next fight. Yair didn't run this time, instead waiting for me to launch the first attack. I gave him the pleasure, and went over to him.

As I run, I raise my sword and swing it horizontally, much like his first attack. In the same way, he blocks it with his sword in a vertical line.

I used the strength in my left foot and jumped slightly to his right, then I picked up my arm and stretched it out with speed.

In response, Yair jumped back, avoiding my thrust. But my attack was not yet over, as the handle of the sword struck him in the face.... Not literally, as I stopped my attack an inch away from his nose.

"…" 

Again, his eyebrow began to tremble.

'Don't look at me like that. Thanks to my parents, I'm good at fighting humans. As for monsters… my fights are too careless, I still have to learn.'

"T-This is my defeat, let's continue fighting. The knights haven't finished training yet." Said Yair.

"Yes"

In fact, we are the only duo that has started the third round. Everyone else didn't even finish the first match.

***

Strange... This is how I can describe training with Yair. The first round, he focused a lot on attack, while the second round, he focused a lot on defense. 

The third was much better. Little by little, he began to respond to my attacks and understand my movements, and because of that, there was no fourth round…

Well, actually, the fourth round could start at any time, but when I had the opportunity, I didn't land the final blow. Every time this happened, Yair noticed. I know because his eyebrow was sincere, and it always moved uncontrollably the moment that happened. Still, this surprised me too much. 

'Shouldn't royal blood be strong? Or maybe he's hiding something that he can't show in public?'

"This concludes today's training. You will be given the rest of the day to reconnoiter your surroundings. From tomorrow onwards, the real training will begin…"

'Ah, so this is the seclusion Erick mentioned.'

According to the knight's words, during the next 7 days, different actions will be taken in order for us to get the [Warrior] class. Whoever gets it will become a knight.

Some will get it early, while others may get it on the last day of training. This is the real challenge, a test where we compete to get the [Warrior] class.

"Now, come closer. We will give you the key to your room."

'My instincts detect danger.'

"The nobles will have private rooms, while the commoners will share a room in groups of 20 people… Now answer my call, the following commoners…"

"Come on, Emir, we don't need to wait for that list. There are the knights waiting for us nobles to hand us over-…" Yair stopped his words midway when he heard a certain name on the list.

"Emir. Come, pick up your key" the knight shouted.

"I-Immediately-…" As I headed towards the knight, a hand stopped me.

"Are you a bloody commoner?!" A look of deep hatred was reflected on Yair’s face.

159