Ch 19: Such amount of money is unreasonable, no matter how you look at it!
6.9k 16 162
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"70 [Snow Wolf Rune] makes a total of 70 gold coins. Thank you, have a good night"

'I can see a strange look on the clerk's face. I don't think it has anything to do with the thieves, rather it's his curiosity about how I get so many runes. Runes are rare loot, that someone would come out of nowhere to sell so many of them would surely pique anyone's curiosity.'

It's good that I already have enough money to buy Alessia, it won't be necessary to sell massively again. I casually moved my hand and moved all the gold coins to the inventory.

My only relief is that he must think I'm an advanced adventurer, since a normal person could never control inventory as easily as I do.

When I left, I didn't know why I wanted to look at the top of the store, but there I saw a sign with its name on it. That's very strange, thinking that the stores near the slums don't have names because at any moment they can go bankrupt and then no one will remember them. At least, the previous times I've come here I've never seen that sign.

[Golden Rune Store]

Emir: "…"

'Could it be that the sale of my runes stabilized his business? Nah… It must be my imagination.'

'Shaking my head, I walked towards the alleys. Looking at my map, I can see how dozens of red dots begin to approach the place. They still have a long time to go to the alleys, maybe it's because they didn't expect me to come back just the next day.'

'Thanks to this, I was able to reach an advantageous alley that is interconnected with the most important roads in the place.'

'40, 45, 50…'

Unexpectedly, there were 65 thieves who entered the alleys. Yesterday, 40 of them blocked my advance while the others blocked my retreat. This means that originally there were 75 thieves yesterday counting the 10 I killed.

'If they all have a level between 11 and 20, their reward will be 5 silver per head. In other words, 32 gold and 5 silver... Their reward rivals the price of the sale of runes! The question is… Will they be as adorable as the Snow Wolves?'

The map shows a group of 4 thieves heading this way. 

'How lucky, my battle potential is 5 people. Compared to it, 4 people will be simple.'

Through a combination of 6 alleys, I arrived in front of them.

"A mask, a cape, and a sword on his waist. Yep, that's him"

"Hahaha, how lucky!"

"Right! If we kill him, we can keep a part of the money!"

"Ha! I'll kill him first!"

[Hoel] [Thief Lvl11]

[Tenir] [Thief Lvl12]

[Abel] [Thief Lvl11]

[Neir] [Thief Lvl10]

Hoel, Abel, and Neir have swords, while Tenir carries two daggers.

Neir was the first to arrive, and with a greedy smile on her face, she attacked me in a horizontal line with her sword. I blocked her vertically. Many thoughts came to my mind about my next moves, but something unexpected happened.

Neir's sword was cut in two.

This took me by surprise, but it only took me a second to react. I swung my sword and a large cut was created on Neir's neck, who fell to the ground dead.

"His sword possesses an ability!"

"We must increase the power of our attacks, be careful"

Since the others stopped as a precaution, I approached them.

Abel is the closest man, so I attacked him in a straight line. He jumped to the side to avoid, but he collided with someone, with Hoel.

"Hey, move!!"

"Don't get in my way-… AHHH!"

I attack him, taking advantage of his carelessness, by generating a cut in the position of his heart. Abel falls to the floor screaming, but it is impossible for him to get up again. It's a matter of time before he dies without me doing anything else.

'Without pause I swing my sword at Hoel's head. He looks at it without being able to react, apparently the fall of his partner induced him to fear me.'

'Only a fraction of a second before Hoel dies, two daggers moved my sword to the millimeter causing it to pass by Hoel's side without damaging him.'

'"Break the stone! This guy is stronger than we think!!"'

'"Y-Yes, right away"'

'Hoel took a red stone from his pocket and threw it on the ground. When it broke, it generated a mighty whistle that echoed through the alleyways.'

'It doesn't take a genius to figure out what an alarm is to attract other thieves.'

'If I take too long to deal with these two guys, then the others will come along and far exceed my battle potential.'

'I must kill them before reinforcements arrive!'

'I continuously swing my sword in a 4-slash style, diagonal, vertical, diagonal and horizontal. Tenir barely manages to avoid each of them, getting heavily damaged in the process. To the point that, in my next move, I cut off his left arm.'

'"AHHH-…" When Tenir shouted, I swung my sword and cut his neck.'

'I can feel the air hissing at my back. I quickly jumped to the right and, the next second, I see a sword pass through my previous position.'

'Applying force to my right foot, I stop my jump and advance towards Hoel. He is so helpless that I effortlessly cut his waist. He fell to the floor unconscious.'

'Not only him, but I give the final blow to everyone who didn't have died immediately '

'The light particles illuminated the corridor for a few seconds.'

'"A group of 5 thieves is approaching"'

'According to the map, they will arrive in about 2 more minutes. It's good that I defeated this group early, otherwise it would be hard for me to fight so many at the same time.'

'Controlling the inventory, I take in it all the belongings of the thieves including their remnants in order to clear the ground for the next battle.'

'[Bert] [Thief Lvl12]'

'[Jon] [Thief Lvl11]'

'[Bryan] [Thief Lvl13]'

'[Rich] [Thief Lvl11]'

'[Alan] [Thief Lvl11]'

'Without even a conversation, I make the first attack.'

'***'

'"Well it's time to go"'

'I killed 18 thieves in total spread over four groups. I feel my blood boil to continue fighting, as if my strength is limitless…'

'I came to my senses when I realized that the fifth group contains 6 people, and not only that, they already realized that something strange is happening and alerted the others. In other words, I'll only have about 4 minutes to kill them before the sixth group arrives. An impossible task. It’s better to retire now.'

'I put all the items scattered on the ground in my inventory, and escaped from there.'

'Minutes later, I'm walking down a street. No matter how late at night, there will always be dozens of people on the main and surrounding streets. This is what a capital is, it has life 24 hours a day.'

'"70 [Snow Fur] makes a total of 14 gold coins. Have a good night"'

'In today's sale, I got a total of 84 gold coins… The way I look at it, I feel like it's an unreasonable amount for just an adventurer. Even a group of advanced adventurers don't earn as much as me.'

'Especially, because of the number next to the gold coins in my inventory.'

'[Gold Coins] [182]'

'182 gold coins… As expected from the gold labyrinth. The monsters are so cute that they drop gold when they die.'

'After making the sales, I go back to my hotel room.'

'Uh uh, I can't sleep.'

'I can't sleep, I am just thinking about the things I'm going to do to Alessia.'

'Unlike the gallant clone, I'm a pervert.'

'What will Alessia do when she finds out I'm a bad master?'

'Well, she's a masochist.'

'I'm sure she'll be happy that I'm a bad master.'

'***'

'The next day.'

'With the Vip card, everything is easier by speaking to the doorman and requesting a meeting with Leo. All questions were answered when I showed my client card. Previously, I always had to say the reason for my visit, so, the current treatment is not bad at all.'

'"Mr. Emir, a pleasure… If you asked for my presence, that means you already have the money to buy Alessia, or am I wrong?"'

'"yes, I already have the money"'

'With the movement of my hand, exactly 120 gold coins appeared on the table. At this, Leo nodded and began to count. Seconds later, his count ended.'

'"I have verified the money below, please follow me. Alessia is already waiting for you"'

'Is she waiting for me? As expected of Leo.'

'Thanks to the handsome clone, I now remember that book on the slave system. In which appears the steps to follow to carry out a contract successfully. At the same time as the story behind the birth of this system.'

'In the past, someone was born with the ability to create slaves. When this fact became known to the world, immediately the person was captured by the society, and they performed endless experiments in order to transform a unique ability into a spell that can be used by everyone.'

'This gives me the creeps. If my user interface was known, would they do something similar to me?'

162