Ch 62: You should have said thanks, damn ungrateful sow
4.3k 9 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Did he forget that he indiscriminately bullied me in broad daylight without caring about the looks of third parties? Well, even if I have beaten him until his mother didn't recognize him, that doesn't mean he hadn't abused his noble influence to obtain privileges in the knight test. If not for my parents' training, I would have been the one being hit! Since when can he act so calmly in front of commoners? Ha! I'm waiting for him to find out that I'm the one who helped him. Let's see if he can control his eyebrows!'

"Yes, captain," They answered in unison.

After Yair's order, the knights stopped speaking ill of us and concentrated on fighting the black widows.

For our part, Alessia and I continued to constantly kill the spiders that tried to come out of the room to attack us. Until the monsters started to climb up the walls, pouring out from all directions.

We quickly divided up the work. While I concentrated on killing the spiders that came from the top of the door. Alessia targeted the ones that came out at ground level.

But Yair's group did not sit idly by. Since they saw that the situation had reached a critical point, they began to attack faster and more ruthlessly. The Black Widows constantly looked from side to side, trying to figure out which of the two groups was more dangerous. Thanks to this, they were evenly divided between Yair and me, making them easier for us to deal with.

Minutes later, the pest control came to an end.

"Well, we'll go meet the adventurers who helped us. Keep quiet if you can't speak politely. Alex, though you are noble, you have a high tolerance. You can speak if you deem it convenient."

"Thank you, Captain."

I dusted off my clothes to imply that this battle meant nothing to me. With my chest held high and a serious cold look, I am trying to insinuate to them that their act was very irresponsible despite being knights.

Then Yair's group, with their helmets removed, comes out of the trap room.

"We owe you a th-…Cough!!" When Yair locked eyes with me, he coughed up a mouthful of blood and took two steps back. He nearly passed out from the shock.

"Are you alright, captain?!" Alex immediately moved over to keep him on his feet.

"Y-Yes, don't worry. What's more… what are you doing here, you damn commoner?!" He yelled furiously, looking at me.

'— F*ck, captain! What did you tell us a while ago?!' the knights from 1 to 3, and Alex had the same thought.

"You should have said thanks, damn ungrateful sow."

"Cough!!" He coughed up blood again.

"Captain!"

'— Huh? Hey?! What's going on here? Didn't master say that he knows no one?' Alessia thought as she looked from side to side. She seemed to want to say something, but she held back.

"D- Don't worry, I'm fine. First of all, take out the [Identification Stone] and evaluate them"

"Right away, captain."

Alex took a stone from his waist and, with it in his hands, he pointed in my direction. This stone is transparent and surrounded by hundreds of magical symbols, and the moment it was placed in front of me… Nothing happened.

"There is no reaction in the stone."

"Are you sure?!" Yair yelled in surprise.

"Yes, captain"

'— I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The stone is in front of everyone, and he still needs to asks...' Alex thought as he held back his smile when Yair asked him to test a few more times before he was satisfied.

Because of how they attach importance to that magical object, and because of Yair's reactions, I'm sure it has something to do with everything that has been happening lately. 

'Hmm… Although I wanted to keep bothering him, I should stop right now. Otherwise, I can turn him into a red dot if I make the wrong move.'

"I don't need your thanks, Yair. I will not ask you to do something if you will not do it willingly. The only thing I want... is to know what is happening in the city."

"Insolent! How do you-…?"

"Silence," Yair interrupted knight 2.

The next moment, Yair's aggressive attitude disappeared, and he began to think with a serious expression as he looked down at the ground. The knights accompanying him fell silent, awaiting their captain's reply.

Making his resolution, Yair raised his head and looked at me.

"An emergency mission has been declared by King Alfonso Fiore. Everyone who knows how to handle a weapon must immediately attend the borders between the Castemira and Drial Cenit kingdoms."

" E- Emergency mission," Alessia turned pale.

"Don't worry, we're not registered in the guild. They can't force us to do anything"

"Mn" She nodded.

'With Yair's words, Alessia must have remembered how she became a slave.'

Stroking her head, I tried to reassure her.

"It's because of the Lucia River, isn't it? But its flow…"

"There is a problem with the knowledge of the population regarding that river. Contrary to what everyone thinks, that river has a great flow, giving rise to dozens of rivers. Practically half of them are divided between the two kingdoms, allowing the villages and small towns to subsist thanks to them. The problem is… that populations grow over time, and more and more resources are needed."

Each kingdom is watching over the well-being of its citizens, and they want to completely appropriate the Lucia River to divert all the flow towards their kingdom, leaving all those rivers belonging to the opposite kingdom dry.

'Doing that is no different from murdering people… '

Sighing, Yair continued, "Unfortunately, the history books call each one of those rivers as 'Lucia' causing misunderstandings to grow in the population. While everyone heads towards the borders of the kingdom, the king is giving a name to all those rivers, and informing the towns and cities, respectively. Haa... Who would have thought that a simple name would influence so much."

'Since, in view of the citizens, the Lucia river 'is not that good'. They feel that the problem is not theirs, and therefore…'

"There is a little coalition."

"You are right, comm-…adventurer"

'Hey, you were about to say commoner.'

After coughing a little to hide it, he said, "The king asked kindly for the help of his people, but very few heeded his call, so the king ruthlessly forced them to move. The emergency mission dictates that every adventurer registered in the guild must attend the armed confrontation between the two kingdoms. You are lucky; if the Identification Stone had reacted, I would have to take you by force."

With his last words, he smiled mischievously.

It gives me chills just thinking about what this guy would do. Surely it would be something like 'I want this commoner to be in my charge', or something like that. That way, he could give me orders as much as he wanted. And since he has the backing of the king, I wouldn't be able to do anything.

'This bastard! It seems I haven't hit him in the balls enough.'

"Of course, the knights also must go. That’s why we have cleared this trap room since it would allow people to avoid disasters while there is a little turnout of adventurers and knights in the labyrinths. Now, we only have to make our journey to the borders and join the rest of the army."

'I see. That's why the three annoying beauties were clearing out the trap rooms on the lower floors. Well, that explains it all. I think it's time to…'

Emir: "!!!"

'Wait, what's going on here?'

I looked over Yair's head again, and the result didn't change.

[Yair Cangani] [Knight Lvl3]

'How did this guy become a knight so quickly?!'

Last time, he was just a simple [Warrior] with a very long path to leveling up. It should have taken him a few years to become a [Knight], but unexpectedly, this guy not only upgraded his class, but he also leveled it up to level 3!

'Haa… Well, whatever. I don't feel like talking to Yair anymore… from now on, I have a lot to think about.'

That's why we casually parted ways without any courtesy. Like strangers who have only met once and will never meet again a second time.

"Oh, right. Wait a moment, Emir."

It's refreshing to have Alessia call me by my name in front of strangers. Waiting there, I watched as she approached Yair's group and extracted a white stone from her inventory.

"This is the remnant of the adventurer who died in the hall."

"Ah, that fool. He swore to us that he was an expert in trap rooms. But when he got the chance, he ran away without looking back… Still, thanks. I'll keep it and send it to his family." Yair said.

"Thank god."

Unlike me, she waved politely. Yair smiled at her and nodded as a sign of goodbye.

"Since you're different from that guy, let me give you some advice."

As Alessia walked towards me, Yair spoke again.

She turned around and waited patiently for his words.

"You better put your weapons away and live like normal people for a while."

"Why?"

Sighing Yair said, "There are knights of the order who, regardless of whether they are registered in the guild or not, drag adventurers to the battlefield by force... Many are doing this dishonorable practice. So, be careful"

"!!!"

'That's why the map is full of knights in red dots!'

 

115