Ch 80: Sitting as lovers increases the chances of a flashback by 100%
3.7k 6 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the monsters on the verge of death, Delia cautiously approached them and gave them the final blow with the spear. This has already been repeated several times throughout the day. So many times that I already figured out the exact places to attack so as not to kill them right away and leave them some breath for Delia to apply overkill.

All monsters have died with this undeclared injustice in their eyes.

'Well, it was to be expected. I have a high level, so I seem to be bullying the weak at first glance. Next time I'll increase the difficulty, and that way Delia will be able to level up faster.'

"... Small Energy Recovery!" After reciting the spell, Delia finished with these words.

At the same time, my body was surrounded by a dark green aura. I quickly began to feel how my body recovered its energies, and all the sweat on my skin disappeared as if it had never existed.

When the magic ended, my energy increased enough to fight the next battles in top condition again.

"With this, I will be able to continue fighting-... Delia Are you okay?"

After reciting the spell, Delia seemed very tired. Both, physically and mentally. Not only the nervousness of fighting in the labyrinth influenced her, but also the lack of mana in her body.

"A potion of MP; drink it." I withdrew the potion from my inventory and handed it to her.

"No need. As long as I sit down to rest, everything will be fine."

I insisted on giving it to her, but she always blocked my hand.

'Haa, her religious ways are still so deep… Once she gets her Saint class back, I'll ask her to loosen her habits a bit.'

"Alright then, let's sit down and rest."

Since the map doesn't show any monsters nearby, I sat down, leaning against the wall in that same hallway. Of course, I spread my legs a bit and asked Delia to sit there. This is the famous act of sitting like lovers.

With some embarrassment, she sat down opposite me and leaned her back against my chest. I casually hugged her and put my head on her shoulder.

*Sniff* *Sniff*

'Her scent is different from Alessia's, but she possesses a unique charm that is relaxing enough to lull me to sleep.'

Delia: "!!!!"

Delia looked a little uncomfortable, so I stopped sniffing. 

'What a pity.'

"I've always been curious, Delia, how did you get the [Saint] class?"

In the flesh, I experienced how a class evolves into a higher one. At least for [Warrior], I know it must be at level 20 to unlock the higher classes, but with Delia, I'm sure it was very different.

This is because her [Believer], [Priestess], and [Saint] classes are levels 7, 12, and 4, respectively. So, there's no evolution logic!

It would be different if Believer and Priestess were level 20. That way it would have some logic, but it's not like that. It's extremely strange. If [Saint] is unlocked by being level 12 in [Priestess], anyone could have the Saint class with those conditions!

After sighing, Delia said, "I was born with the Believer class… My parents… when they evaluated my class, they were immediately surprised at this because, in their kingdom, the Solus temple does not exist. They thought I was special, so they waited for a sign to see if they were right. At 5 years of age, naturally, my class changed to [Priestess], and only then did my parents accept my destiny. They bought an infinite number of religious books, and to teach me well, they devoted themselves entirely to religion. Thanks to their teachings, at 15 years of age, my class changed to [Saint]. With much pain, they traveled out of the kingdom and... They delivered me to the Solus temple, since only it could give everything necessary to someone with a legendary religious class."

'I knew it. Her class change was not governed by level increase but by her age. From the beginning, Delia was destined to be a Saint.'

I thought she would stop there, but she continued with her tale.

"At the Solus Temple… I was treated very well. It was as my parents said, 'that I would not lack for anything'. They not only taught me beliefs but also values. Slowly but steadily, my level increased each day, and with it, my healing skills became stronger. When I reached level 4, the Solus temple created an emergency mission for my pilgrimage trip, and as I mentioned before... ... I failed and many people died in return. When I returned, everyone looked at me differently, and then the Temple banished me when I accepted all the charges that were laid against me. I felt it was natural. I was no longer wanted by God, so the temple banishing me was predictable. I planned to live in the Solitary Temple as a martyr... Until you came along... I don't know if you are someone good or bad, but for now, I will live this dream."

With her last words, she smiled again.

"Even if you don't get the class back or, in the future, you lose it again, I want you to be by my side, Delia."

She was a little surprised to hear my words, but then shook her head.

"If I don't get the class back. Then it means that love is not something that I deserve…" She fell silent for a few seconds and spoke again "But if I get it, then... It will change my world view, and I will be by your side forever."

'Ahh… I want to take her home to take care of her, protect her, pamper her, and feed her well.'

Emir: "..."

'I think one more word was added to the sentence… I must be careful.'

"Mmn mnah lero lero mnn anmn" I went to her face and kissed her.

'I'm feeling how the purification is receding. My chivalry came out to put up a fight, bringing me the thought 'I must apologize to Stella for undressing in front of her'. Ha! Dream on! I'll never apologize!'

'- Ah, right. Tonight...'

Once our lips parted, her face became incredibly flushed. 

'I don't think it was because of the kiss; rather, she must be thinking about something... I'm curious, but I won't ask her. Since doing so would take the magic out of the situation.'

"We've had enough rest. Shall we continue battling?"

"Mn, yes, let's go." She quickly got up from the floor to hide her embarrassment.

'And as expected, sitting as lovers increases the chances of a flashback by 100%.'

***

[Delia] [Believer Lvl 9] [Lancer Lvl 4]

[Delia has 5 free points]

90% discount is really ruthless. Lancer, which was only level 1, directly leveled up to level 4. And even a religious class like Believer also leveled up. These classes get very little experience for defeating monsters since their main task is related to God and healing, hence the surprise.

"I am getting more and more comfortable with the spear!"

She used to timidly deliver the finishing blow with only one hand to monsters, but now she can do it confidently with both hands. If her free points increase and I add them to agility and strength, then she will become the first religious woman who will be able to fight toe-to-toe with a warrior or a knight.

"Maybe in the near future, you will be able to perform close-range fights."

"It's a nice dream, but unfortunately, priestesses are weak, including me."

Delia didn't seem to mind too much not being able to fight, and I understand. She has lived her whole life like this, and she knows more than anyone else the limitations of her own body. She'll be in for a big surprise when her Lancer class increases her ability to the point where she can fight.

"Outside, it must be about to get dark. Shall we go back to the temple?"

"M- Mn, yes..." She nodded with a different shyness.

This will be the night she finds out if she can get her class back. After all, we haven't talked about it directly, but we both know what will happen.

I returned her class to [Priestess], but then I realized something.

[Adventurer Lvl 1]

'She got a new class. With this, slowly she's getting the same classes as me and Alessia. I'll be waiting for the time when her [Status] catches up with ours, and I'm sure it will. After all, lower-level classes level up faster.'

As I exited the labyrinth, I kept the spear and bow in the inventory and kept my sword on my waist for safety.

"Where are you going?"

We waited patiently on the dirt road near the entrance to the capital for a carriage. Minutes later, one appeared.

"We want to get away from the city for a bit. I am an unaffiliated [Traveler], as you will understand."

"Ah, I see. Well, get in."

This time, I showed the driver five copper coins, and he agreed to take us. 

'Apparently, a silver coin for the previous trip was an excessive expense. These carriage rides will be repeated quite often, especially since I am not affiliated with the kingdom. So, I must know the price of the rides to balance the earnings with the expenses.'

"We are far enough away from the city. Shall we get off the carriage while it's still moving?"

"... ... ... ... ... Okay" This time, she was sincere.

With Delia in my arms again, we jumped out of the carriage without alerting the driver. Even when it was something very simple, she seemed to have a lot of fun.

 

102