Ch 95: In my mind, Delia will be someone lovable forever….
3.2k 11 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Emir, there's a fight near the Solitary Temple. Come on! If anyone is hurt, I'll heal them!" Delia climbed down from my back and headed towards the temple.

"Alright, but stay 10 steps behind me and have this at hand." I handed her the spear and said, "If something happens, use it."

"Mn!"

According to the map, the man who previously shouted went alone to the Solitary Temple. And, after seeing that no one was there, he shouted to the others. Then he went to the place of the fight.

At this place, there are 4 blue dots. And around them, there are 10 red dots. The size of their dots is quite large compared to the monsters on the mountain, so those monsters have likely been following them from somewhere else.

"These damn hyenas!"

"Attacking in a pack! Aren't you ashamed of yourselves?!"

"Stop shouting, damn it! Focus on the battle!"

'Those shouts and those tones of voice remind me of the knights under Yair's command…'

I've lost all desire to help them.

But Delia's face seems brighter than usual, as she apparently feels that she is finally living the adventures of a real Saint. I peeked up at the sky in search of a zombie dragon... 

'There is none. Well, they better be thankful. I will help them.'

Upon arriving at the place, my suspicions were realized. Those who are fighting are Knights. One of them is quite wounded, while the others have parts of their armor broken from fighting in terrain they are not accustomed to.

[Fierce Hyena Lvl 10]

They are level 10, and there are 10 of them. They have the same appearance as the ones in the labyrinth, but they are bigger. If the one in the labyrinth is 3m high and 5m long, this one is 4m high and 6.5m long!

'Are they mini-bosses or is level 10 a new frontier?'

"There's someone injured. I must get closer to heal them."

"Not yet. Do it once the battle is over."

"But-" I interrupted her.

"We don't know them. You must have your priorities straight. What would affect you more, me or them dying?"

Because I'm used to speaking in a serious tone to Alessia about the important things, I forget that Delia still doesn't witness all the truths of this world.

Because of that, Delia kept silent and didn't seem to want to answer, even when she had an opinion about it.

"I'm sorry, Delia, I was too harsh."

"You don't have to apologize; I understand. It's just that it hurts me so much to see someone hurt… I can't contain this urge to ‌help him."

'When she talks like that with that serious look, her appearance transforms into that of a true Saint, like the one in the legends. Maybe in the future, she can be like that full time... Or maybe not. Well...'

"Time to time."

Delia: "????"

Not understanding my words, Delia adorably tilted her head to the side. But, in the next second, her serious look returned, and she pointed her hand at the battle.

"Right, I was forgetting."

Delia: "..."

Coughing a little, I took out my bow from the inventory and aimed toward a distant hyena's head. This is to prevent them from discovering my privileged hiding place, where I can get a full view of the big picture.

*Fwooosh*

"What was that?" One of the knights looked all around.

"Is a new monster approaching? Regroup at once!"

"Yes, capt-....!" They stopped their words midway.

At the same moment, they all approached each other, protecting their backs. And, suddenly, a chilling sound was heard very close to them. As they looked to the spot from where the sound came, they saw an arrow fiercely pierce the head of a hyena, smashing its skull with brute force.

'- A marksman!' The captain looked all around. 'It's nowhere to be seen, but by his actions... He's on our side.'

"A marksman joined our campaign! Don't look for him! He must specialize in concealment!" Shouted the captain.

'- Such actions must mean he's weak at close range. If he's discovered by the monsters, we're done!'

"Yes, captain!"

'Hmm, I feel they are getting the wrong idea about me. Since their attacks became more showy after their captain's orders, trying to get the monsters' attention. Well, it’s better for me. This way, Delia isn't in danger.'

*Fwooosh*

With my next shot, a new monster fell again. This time it was a little different, as I didn't apply as much strength as the first shot, and... I almost regret doing it.

For a split second, I saw how the arrow had some resistance as it went through the monster’s skull. Luckily, it created a small hole in the bone which quickly widened, allowing the arrow to penetrate the skull and kill the hyena instantly.

'If the arrow hadn't defeated it, the hyena would have realized my location!'

That's why I didn't want to kill the nearby monsters, as the hyenas would get an idea of my location. With their sense of smell, it's more than certain they will find me.

More carefully than ever, I kept firing. And with that, the monsters slowly fell.

Until the last one of them fell.

"I thank you very much for your help, great shooter. If you honor me with your presence, I will thank you even more!" shouted the captain.

'I have a bad feeling.'

Slowly, Delia and I came out of our hiding place and approached the knights. It was at that very moment that I understood the cause of this bad omen.

"By the King's orders, you are commanded to accompany us to the war on the borders."

The four blue dots... Changed to red.

"I'm not registered in the adventurer's guild." I shook my head.

"Right! In fact, Emir is a [Travel-...Mnn Mm" I put a finger on Delia's lips to stop her.

After all, it is impossible that the strength I showed with the bow came from a Traveler!

"???" Innocently, Delia looked at me, asking with her eyes why I stopped her.

"Your strength with the bow is magnificent. I'm afraid that, even when you are not registered in the guild, I will have to make this information known to my superiors. Your talent cannot be left aside!"

Their words seem very polite and with great respect for me, but in between, I saw how their eyes looked at Delia… as if insinuating that they will let me go for today, but that another day they will come back and cause troubles for her until I agree.

'Should I kill them to eliminate potential informants?'

Delia is a Saint, after all. If they find out that a Saint is on the loose without protection from Solus Temple, they will most likely take her away in the name of God and world peace.

'Holy shit! Wait... information about the Saints is restricted, isn't it?'

Immediately, my gaze changed to that of a faithful believer, with eyes that see only God's will and an aura with no attachment to earthly desires.

"You can talk about me as much as you want! But I won't accept you sullying God's will while I'm present!" I shouted heroically.

"Huh? Are you a believer? All the more reason-...!" I interrupted him.

"You sinned at the very moment you plotted against Delia. A saint!"

""!!!""

All the knights were surprised.

'- Me and my stupid mouth! Did I just insult a Saint?! Will I get struck by a bolt of lightning?' Quickly, the captain looked up at the sky in search of a black cloud.

'The captain must be looking for a black cloud to see if a bolt of lightning will strike him… I know because that's the same look I had a few days ago!'

But to his luck and my misfortune, the black cloud service collapsed because of the high demand. God must have canceled that service because of the extra charges. After all, mankind sins every second! No pocket would hold out!

"Miss Delia, I would humbly like to corroborate this man's words and be able to check your condition. May I?"

"Mn, that's fine."

"Thank you"

With much respect, the captain withdrew from a large backpack an identifying tablet. At a glance, I can tell it's a low-quality magic item, of the type the kingdom makes in mass for low-ranking knights.

When he presented the magic object in front of Delia, she put her hand on it.

[Delia] [Saint Lvl 4]

Delia: "!!!!"

'- It was true from the beginning... So, this hasn't been a dream'

Saint's and Priestess' magics are the same at the beginning; only when the Saint increases in level do the unique magics slowly appear.

Delia stared at the identifier tablet as if she couldn't believe the results.

'- Whenever Emir showed my class, I thought... Is he cheating on me or is this true?'

Then she looked at me with an expression she had never made until now.

'- Now I am sure that love is my path to follow as a Saint. Although I don't love him yet, our destiny is already written. I won't doubt Emir anymore!'

If I think about it a little, I can probably deduce what she is thinking, but I won't do it.

In my mind, Delia will be someone lovable forever.

 

79