Ch 97: I want my retirement now!
3k 12 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The farewell with Delia was so simple that anyone would think that we were strangers who had simply met for the first time. But the reality is very different. Thanks to having the Traveler class, I can go back and forth between the war and the Solitary Temple.

When Delia understood this, she stopped worrying.

"Attention!! Everyone must form a team, bonding between 10 people. Once you have done so, form a line and orderly enter the gates that the Travelers will create."

In a large square of the Denir city, hundreds of people gathered to go to war. Not only humans, but people from different races as well.

Temporarily, I teamed up with the people near me, including the knights I followed from the mountain. And then, we patiently waited in line. In the meantime, I looked at the map for my in-laws, but luckily they are quite far away from the city.

Apparently, they are going in the direction of the Denir labyrinth.

Sometime later, it was the turn of our temporary team. One of the members of our team collided his Union necklace with that of the Travelers in charge, and then we entered through the illusory door.

The next second, the atmosphere of the city disappeared, and instead, we heard the flowing of water and the chirping of birds. To my left is a vast forest, while far in front is a large river, whose waters, although very large, are shallow and easy to cross on foot.

But most important of all, dozens of miles beyond the river lies an army of shining armor and, above them, the flag of the Drial Cenit kingdom.

"Mr. Emir, please follow me," said the captain.

"Yes"

After the hypnosis, these guys treated me like a hero of the nation. They should have treated me like that from the beginning, since I saved their lives. But it took hypnosis for them to treat me with true respect and not with those false words they used before.

The knights led me to the army on this side of the river. In other words, the army of the Castemira kingdom. All those at the front ride on horseback, while those in the center wear full body armor, and at the end are those in light armor.

The armies of both kingdoms used the river as a reference point for their separation, both meeting at some distance from each other with the river in between.

We continued to walk alongside the army, as if to demonstrate the might of Castemira to the newcomers. And, at the end of the army, the tents came into view.

In them, hundreds of people gathered and... Queues... Long queues to sign something.

'Won't there be any acquaintances to get me in line?'

"Unlike them, I possess a certain rank as a knight, so we can expedite the paperwork. Therefore, we don't have to wait so long"

'Having you hypnotized was the best idea I've had all day!'

I cheerfully followed the captain of the knights, who spoke to a certain guard. And he let us into the VIP line. I say VIP because... 

'There's a [Magic Knight] attending to the people! What a luxury!'

A Magic Knight, in simple words, is a Mage and a Knight at the same time. He can cast magic and fight skillfully with his weapon like a Knight. His magical attacks are mostly at close range. Among them is imbuing his weapon with mana, which improves its toughness and edge.

If Saint is a legendary class, then Magic Knights are the companions of Saints!

"Show him the scroll I gave you. That way, it will make things easier for you..."

'- Why did I give him that scroll? ... ... Haa, I must have wanted to show off in front of the Saint.'

For a moment, I got chills as, when I hypnotized him, I didn't mention anything about the scroll he handed me. Luckily, the knight retired after his turn and didn't turn his head to look at me. If all goes well, in a few days he will forget me completely.

[Dorian Aranís] [Magic Knight Lvl 28]

Dorian has black hair with some gray hair. He is a man who is apparently 47 years old, but his level is so high that I'm sure his age is bordering on 80 years old. He has light blue eyes, and he is very handsome. The slight wrinkles on his face, rather than old age, show maturity.

Despite his [Class], he looks like someone who does not discriminate between nobles and commoners. The greatest proof of this is that he is standing in front of me, performing duties that should be done by knights of lesser rank.

"Your name?" Dorian spoke to me.

"First of all, I was told to show this paper to introduce myself."

Without taking too much notice of my words, Dorian accepted the parchment and read it. Seconds later, he froze.

'- What do you come to do in this damn war when a Saint is protecting you? Do you come to show off? Fuck off!!!'

'The scroll in his hands trembled. Apparently, he must be gleeful with excitement.'

'- Solus Temple only has seven Saints and this guy is under the care of one. If anything happens to him, then the Saint will refuse to help the wounded, and the temple will blame me rather than reprimand her! It's the same as saying that I will always be the bad guy!'

With a smile on his face, he handed me back the scroll. 

'I knew it! He is a good person who doesn't discriminate against commoners.'

'- No, no, no, wait for a little. I've been wanting to retire for a long time... Should I kill this guy to bring forward my retirement?'

Normally, recruits are handed a paper, which they have to sign, and then they can retire to their respective squadrons, but Dorian filled out the paper himself without me signing anything. Seconds later, a carrier pigeon arrived and put my paper in it.

'Is it due to the protection of the lovely Saint Delia?'

"Emir, you don't have to do anything else. Just go to the reconnaissance group. There you will receive further instructions," he said warmly like a father.

"I see, thank you... By the way, what is your name?"

"My name is Ignacio."

Emir: "..."

'The words above your head don't say the same thing! Something weird is going on here! No, no, no, let's give it some thought. He's a magic knight, so it's quite logical that he's hiding his identity so as not to draw attention to himself. Yep, that must be it.'

Omniscient POV 

At the same moment Emir headed towards the recon group, a handsome young man with blonde curly hair approached Dorian Aranis.

"Admiral General!" shouted the young man.

"What do you want now, Yair?" He said, sighing.

The young man is none other than Yair Cangani! And Dorian is the Admiral General!

What does this mean? 

 It means that Dorian is in charge of the entire army, since all commanders and generals must follow his orders before the army steps forward. He is the only one authorized to initiate a full-scale war. With just one of his orders, thousands of soldiers will give their lives for him.

"That guy who just left... I want him under my command!"

Emir's fears came true… Back then, Yair really wanted to take him to war, just so he could give him orders on behalf of the king. And now that he has actually entered, Yair is willing to use all his contacts to make his life miserable!

"I'm sorry, boy, but that won't be possible." Dorian shook his head.

"Huh? Why?"

Dorian stood up from his seat and looked up at the sky. Then he said with great pride...

"Because my retirement is on the line!"

Yair: "..."

"You don't know how many fucking years I've been working for the king. For that fucking king! And that motherfucker still won't authorize my retirement! 10 years of asking him for my goddamn retirement, and he still won't give it to me!"

Yair: "..."

"It's 50 gold coins a month, damn it. With that, I'll be able to pay my children's support!"

 Yair: "..."

"Ah, ah. Who sent me to mess around with so many women? If I could travel back in time, I'd beat my younger self out of sticking his thing in any hole he saw!"

Yair immediately realized that the conversation had gone too far awry, so he slowly walked away, using all the techniques he had learned in his life.

After great tribulations, Yair successfully escaped.

"Haa... I'm tired. I'm going to sleep for a while in my tent."

Hearing Dorian's tantrum took away much of Yair's stamina, and only sleep will lessen his accumulated stress.

"Shall we continue talking here in your tent?"

Yair: "!!!!"

But what Yair doesn't know is that... The magic knight also suffers from stress!

Now that Yair is willing to listen to him, he won't be polite, and he'll spill all the injustice accumulated over these months.


77