Ch 132: How long will they be able to keep that color?
1.6k 5 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, Emir-..."

"Golden Archer." I interrupted him.

"???"

"Call me Golden Archer"

Cael: "..."

I am currently in Commander Cael's tent, and I have not come alone. Delia is standing at the entrance, with a black cloak covering part of her body. Specifically speaking, from her shoulder to her three tails. And only the front shows her priestess outfit.

The magic item can obstruct the wearer's face and part of her body, making the other side forget her after moving away from her. But her three tails are very fluffy-... I mean eye-catching.

So, the best way to enhance the effects of the magic item is to cover part of the body. And with that, the information the person will retain will be very little.

I also have the magic item active, but at a small intensity. So that the commander can recognize me, but it will be hard for him to remember everything perfectly. It's quite impressive that he can recognize me, even when I have a mask on.

"Wait!! Are you saying that the woman over there is a priestess? And that the same Saint who protects you holds her in high esteem?"

"Yes. She has healing abilities far superior to those of her peers, and she wants to heal the wounded in the army for the sake of simply raising her level."

"If so, then it's welcome. You didn't even need to talk to me. Anyone in charge of the order would have accepted her and given her a position-...."

As if he suddenly understood something, he stopped talking and furrowed his eyebrows. Then he looked at me and said...

"Unless there's a special situation... Brat, don't waste my time. Talk!"

"She doesn't belong to the Solus Temple."

Cael: "!!!!"

With wide eyes, he looked at Delia again. And then she started laughing very cheerfully.

"Wow, you brought me a very interesting person. Who would have thought that a priestess wouldn't be linked to the Solus Temple? That's rare, and even more so when the one is an acquaintance of a Saint."

"That is why the only way for her to remain in this place is for her identity to be uncorroborated, and for a guard to be assigned to her. There is no need for remuneration. She just wants the MP potions to be in charge of the army."

"This is the first time I have heard of a priestess making such requests," he said suspiciously.

'Well, that's true. I still remember when I wanted to give an MP potion to Delia. She refused, saying she just needed to rest.'

"It's because the negotiations were left to me," I lifted my chest proudly.'

"Ha! I guessed that much."

Pausing, he began to think.

After a while, he nodded and spoke again.

"All right, you will be granted a guard and MP potions. You forgot to mention the daily necessities, but it doesn't matter. Those things will also be on us."

'Ah, right. I forgot to mention that food should also be included. It's good that Commander Cael is generous-... wait… Generous? My balls! He must be using the money he steals from his men's paychecks!'

"Hmph, at least you are spending my salary money well."

"From your salary? What are you talking about, brat? That reminds me. Don't leave stones on my desk. No matter how much of a laid-back man I am, this desk represents my power!"

"I didn't leave any stone. It was you!"

Cael: "..."

'- Wait, something doesn't fit here.'

'Wait, something doesn't fit here.'

"You didn't leave the stone on the paper?"

"No."

"So, you didn't take the gold coin?"

"Gold coin? Do people get paid in this place?"

Cael: "…"

'- Don't tell me... one of those bastards was brazen enough to steal from my territory!'

Gritting his teeth, he pulled an object from his pocket and threw it at me. I caught it, and then I was surprised. After all, it's a gold coin!

"Your overdue pay... Haa, let's do the paperwork fast. I have to catch a criminal…"

"Yes, commander!"

After leaving the tent, the commander called a man and explained everything to him. The latter approached us and very respectfully bowed to Delia.

[Victor] [Knight Lvl 12]

"My name is Victor. I will be your bodyguard from now on."

"M- Mn."

"Please follow me. I will show you the tent that will belong to you for as long as you stay in the army."

"M- Mn."

At any other time, his words would have struck me as very ordinary, with no hidden meaning. But as I looked at Commander Cael's expression, a glowing stone was kindled in my mind.

Realizing this, the commander walks up to me and whispers in my ear,

"I don't mind you using an unaffiliated traveler to get out of here. You're not the first one to do so. Also, it's quite good that you have that magic item. If I'm not looking at you, you can use its effect to the fullest. That way, you won't draw unwanted attention."

After saying those words, he tossed the reconnaissance group's insignia to Delia and then walked away from the place.

He realized that I don't stay in the army like the others! And more importantly, he knows that I do it through Space Travel magic!

A shiver ran through my body. 

'If other people realize this… would I be treated like a spy?'

I must deliver some remnants to the commander urgently to prove my patriotism.

The only good thing about all this is that he thinks I have an unaffiliated Traveler as an acquaintance. Otherwise, I would start to get suspicious about multiple classes!

"What do I do with this?"

Adoringly, Delia tilts her head to one side.

'Ah. By just seeing her, she took away all my previous worries.'

"It's the same badge of mine, look..." I show her the insignia on my shoulder and say, "With this, they will know that you are under the commander's command. So, it won't be necessary for you to obey anyone's orders. What's more, Commander Cael hardly ever orders anything..."

"He never orders his men? Will he be ok?"

"Don't worry. Commander Cael is strict with those with a rebellious attitude and is someone quite friendly with those who show favorable results." Said Victor, looking at Delia and then at me. "He is not like that with everyone. You should feel grateful."

'Grateful? That boss is constantly trying to get on my nerves! Friendly my balls!'

It's a little late for his description, but Victor is a man of apparent 23 years of age with brown hair that's very close to blond. And he is visually handsome. But despite his young appearance, in all this time his expression has varied very little, as if nothing matters to him. Yet, he treats Delia with such respect that he must be someone serious who doesn't neglect his work.

It seems like Commander Cael has a good eye for choosing bodyguards.

"By the way, Miss, how should I address you?"

"E- Emilia"

My mother's name is sure to bring her a lot of luck. Although, of course, I'm sure all the bad luck will fall on my shoulders. After all, if my mother finds out about Delia, instead of blaming her, she will hit me for being a womanizer. Even more so when she finds out that Delia is a Saint.

"Miss Emilia, wait for me here for a moment along with your escort. I will make the necessary arrangements to secure your stay and place of work."

"Mn, thank you for everything."

"Don't worry, it's my job." He smiled amicably at Delia.

'What is this feeling? Jealousy? Really? Someone like me feels jealous? Haa, I shouldn't be so possessive. If I want Delia and Alessia to have a life even when I am not present, then I must let them interact with the people they want to.'

This experience will serve to temper me. No matter what Delia does, I won't say anything! After all, it's silly to have this feeling.

'Good, now I feel better. Talking to myself once in a while isn't bad.'

"Is something wrong?" said Delia.

"Nothing at all. I just want you to make lots of friends while you're in this place."

"Mn!"

While she stroked her head and her long fox ears, the time flew by. At some point, Victor came up to us and led us towards a certain location.

"This will be the lady's tent." He pointed his finger.

In front of us is a tent whose interior is fully furnished. From the looks of it, this is a hotel room with all the things needed to make a living. It even has a personal bathroom.

"Now then, follow me a little further. I will show you Miss Emilia's workplace."

We walk about 500 meters, and then we arrive in front of a large tent that is partially open on one side, suggesting that people are constantly going in and out of it.

Inside are various utensils dedicated to medicine. Although the healings of a priestess should do all the work, there are certain wounds that will not heal completely with magic. And for that, people need bandages and medicinal herbs.

The most special thing inside is the four stretchers, which are arranged at some distance from each other. Their blankets are white, and they look very soft...

'How long will they be able to keep that color?'

 

42