Ch 209: The Wind Brazier is awesome!
645 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to support, you can at: https://www.patreon.com/finlegost

There, you can find 18 chapters in advance. Thanks to my patrons and to those who comment on the chapters. It means a lot to me and motivates me to continue this hobby of mine.

And, of course, thanks to everyone who reads this novel.

*************************************

 

 

"Are we leaving already?" asks Delia, turning to look at me as I arrive with Space Travel at the Solitary Temple.

She was training as usual with her spear, except now her weapon has a conscience, and it's a bloody snitch.

'Haa... It looks like the days when I could surprise Delia by sneaking up on her without her noticing are over.'

"Yeah, come on." I say, looking curiously at her new weapon.

'This will be the first time that the demonic spear will be tested in combat... I hope it's as annoying to the monsters as it is to me.'

Delia comes trotting towards me while holding Blue Wind with her hands, and I activate Space Travel again to appear in an area as near as I could get to the Altamira labyrinth.

"We're going to try something new today," I say, pulling out from my storage ring the 3-meter-diameter Wind Brazier I was given during the full-scale war.

"What's that?" says Delia adorably, eyeing the brazier and the little tornado inside it warily, as if she thinks I'm playing a joke on her.

"You'll see," I say, touching the Wind Brazier in the hope that my assumptions are correct.

Instantly, the object begins to take my mana, and my body begins to float slightly, at the same time as I instinctively get a feeling of freedom of movement that is a little overwhelming.

Looking at Delia, who is still looking at me cautiously, I think of extending the effect of the magic item towards her, and instantly she also starts to float very slightly as well.

"Waa... Suddenly, I feel lighter.... Why is Blue Wind glowing?" She says, looking at her spear in amazement, not yet realizing that she is floating slightly.

'Ha! I guess the damn spear doesn't have all the answers... although I don't know why it's glowing either.... It must be because of its affinity with mana.'

"That's a surprise," I say, and with my thought, I make the wind brazier start to lift us into the sky.

1 meter, 2 meters, 3 meters… In an instant, we were soaring high in the air. And yet, I feel like we could still go up.

'Wow! This means I can literally fly with this magic item. But why wasn't it like this before? Hm… The number of people it affects must be what affects how high you can fly.'

Sadly, I'm not alone now, and my companion doesn't feel the same thrill as I do at being lifted into the air without warning.

"Noooh" says Delia, flapping her hands as if swimming to try to get closer and cling to me, but her body doesn't move in the slightest.

'Ahhh, right. Delia doesn't like heights' I think, as I remember the time I climbed the mountain with her on my back.

With a thought, I give her freedom of movement, and she comes up and hugs my body tightly.

After which, I lower us down until we are only 50 cm off the ground.

Still, Delia doesn't let go and keeps her eyes closed as she holds on to me without letting go of her spear.

"Easy, we're lower now," I say, laughing, as I stroke her silky ears in an attempt to relax her.

"I like to walk! Why can't we find a carriage like we always do? This magic item is too dangerous! Why didn't you warn me before about what was going to happen? bad Emir! bad! bad! bad!" says Delia in a rush without opening her eyes, tapping her head on my chest as she clings to me tightly, giving me no time to answer her questions.

'Haa... Delia being nervous is so adorable'

"Because this method is much faster than a carriage. Plus, it will be fun! If you're scared, just close your eyes and hug me tight~ Do you trust me?" I say, looking at her amused at the same time as I make us start moving in the direction of Altamira's labyrinth.

"Y-yes, I - I trust you," she says, stuttering without opening her eyes.

As we move, I keep stroking her ears to calm her down, but I stop to concentrate on slowing down because, being only two people using the brazier, in a few seconds we reached a speed that made it difficult to keep our eyes open and watch the landscape move and change rapidly under our feet.

In addition, we were gradually getting higher and higher until we were traveling about 5 meters above the ground.

'This thing can be dangerous....'

I adjust the speed and the height at which we are floating.

'It's better to experiment with this magical object when I'm alone'

I shudder as I visualize the image of our bodies crashing at that speed into some wall.

But even at a slower speed, the sensation of being able to move through the air like this is incredible.

'I think I might get addicted to this feeling of freedom! This is almost as good as sex.... Almost'

In less than 5 minutes, we reached an area a bit away from the labyrinth where there was no one around.

With a mischievous idea in mind, I store the wind brazier back in my inventory while we are still in the air.

As soon as the magic item is stored, we start falling towards the ground, causing Delia, who had just started to open her eyes, to start shrieking in my ear in panic, despite the low altitude we are falling from.

'What speed! This is much faster than coming by carriage or horse! It looks like I won't have to deal with my stupid horse anymore... I should sell it as a workhorse… Well, Delia seemed to enjoy riding it, so I'd better leave it to her. The only drawback is that this item seems to consume a lot of mana to function... But, luckily, that won't be a problem for me anymore~'

Besides the Wind Brazier and a good amount of arrows and assorted potions, the ring that the former Sub-commander of the archer division gave me as an inheritance has an unexpected surprise.

[Great Mana Storage]

[High compartment that allows for mana storage. It admits 120% of the wearer's total mana, and a constant connection must be maintained with it; otherwise, the mana will disappear]

A second mana storage, only this one with an absurdly higher capacity as it allows to store up to 120% of the wearer's mana pool in it.

So now I have 160% extra mana from accumulating it with the other item.

Also, this magic item is in the shape of a small necklace, unlike the shape of my other mana storage magic item, which is a belt item.

So I simply added it to the chain on which I already carry the lucky charm Delia made me and my perception inhibitor.

There was also a magic communication item, but when I tried to use it while I was resting in the makeshift camp, an unknown person answered me.

For this reason, I threw it into the river as soon as I had the chance.

The only bad thing about the Wind Brazier is its size.

But a horse is also big, so it's not a bad trade-off considering the speed improvement.

'Besides, while using it, I should avoid being seen by people who know me as the Golden Archer, as they would probably ask me to explain where the item came from.'

That's why I didn't keep any of the sub-commander possessions, even though his bow seemed to be quite good, but no better than mine, as it could cause trouble if someone who knew its former owner saw me using it.

'Not everyone is as innocent and trusting as Delia. Hmm, speaking of Delia... she's been silent for a long time... I guess I shouldn't tease her when she has her stupid spear around. It is probably taking every opportunity to criticize me'.

"Delia... Are you alright? Sorry for the joke," I say, looking at her with a look of innocence and concern.

"Yes. Just promise me we'll never come to the labyrinth like this again. I don't like heights!" She says, teary-eyed but not looking angry.

'Haa... Now I feel guilty about the joke.... It'll be a shame to have to give up the Wind Brazier to move when I'm with her, but it would be simply to continue traveling as I have been doing so far. I guess sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the ones you love.'

"I promise," I say, hugging her tightly and cuddling the triplets.

"Ahh... Mmm... Good," she says, as she lets go of the spear because of the sensation and it falls to the ground.

'That'll show that damn spear who's the boss here!'

20