Ch 211: Haa… I should probably tell her all about myself.
593 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to support, you can at: https://www.patreon.com/finlegost

There, you can find 18 chapters in advance. Thanks to my patrons and to those who comment on the chapters. It means a lot to me and motivates me to continue this hobby of mine.

And, of course, thanks to everyone who reads this novel.

*************************************

 

Now that Delia is asleep, after our bedtime exercises, I'm going to edit her stats.

If I'm right, this time the change in her stats will be huge, since she's been healing so many people in the full-scale war, almost without a break, which must have made her religious classes level up tremendously.

But I have to be careful in what I do, as the spear is watching, and I don't know how much it can sense of Delia's state....

'Haa... I should probably tell Delia about what I can do.... That would simplify things a lot. Or maybe it would complicate things... What the hell am I thinking? It's obvious that I can't tell Delia about my user interface.'

[Delia] [Saint Lvl 7] [Adventurer Lvl 15] [Believer Lvl 50] [Lancer Lvl 19] [Priestess Lvl 37]

HP=18 || MP=22

Agility=20 || Strength=20

Intelligence=20 || Luck=9

[Resistance]

Physical=1 || Magic=0

Poison=0 || Curse=0

+51 free stat points

'Wow, I already imagined that something like this could have happened, but it's still very surprising the amount of points... Now the question is… How should I invest these points?'

Obviously, I can't increase her Strength, Agility, or Intelligence stats too much, as that would inevitably make her notice the change.

And I can't increase her Luck either, because that would probably increase the chances of me getting hit by a divine lightning bolt...

So I'm left with only a few options available to me.

Health, mana, and the experience bonus.

'Yep, from today onwards, Delia will have the 90% discount active.'

That way, she'll get more stat points and get new classes more easily.

Which I definitely need if I want to invest Delia's points in changes that won't be too noticeable to her, since each extra class requires a lot of points to activate.

The next day we go to the labyrinth, I'll ask her to use a bow for a while so she can acquire the Archer class....

'I can tell her that it's because it's good to learn to use various types of weapons, which is not a lie. And incidentally, it will allow me to see the clumsy Delia in the labyrinth again... Although I guess the spear won't be too happy about the idea... Well, it's for Delia's sake, so it will just have to accept it.'

[Delia] [Saint Lvl 7] [Adventurer Lvl 15] [Believer Lvl 50] [Lancer Lvl 19] [Priestess Lvl 37] [Priestess Lvl 37]

HP=38 || MP=38

Agility=25 || Strength=25

Intelligence=25 || Luck=9

[Resistance]

Physical=1 || Magic=0

Poison=0 || Curse=0

A 5 point difference isn't much, so I don't think she'll notice the increase in Strength, Intelligence, and Agility.

And the increase in HP and MP will mean she'll have greater vitality and use her healing abilities for longer without having to rely on potions.

'Well, now that we're done with my little combat nun, it's my turn.... Since I activated the 90% discount at the end of the full-scale war, I haven't looked back at the classes I have available. I think now is a good time to see how good the discount is for this'

[Celebrity Lvl 1] [Talkative Lvl 1] [Comedian Lvl 1] [Womanizer Lvl 1] [Bohemian Lvl 1] [Explorer Lvl 1] [Strategist Lvl 1]

'What the %@#… Hmm, let's analyze what happened here. I guess I got Celebrity because of how much Yair's group admired me after my fights against the evil general admiral and leader of the White Snake guild. Especially Alex. The way that boy looking at me gave me the creeps...'

When we went to rest, the only one who kept talking to me the same way he always did was Yair, and he seemed to be almost as annoyed as I was at the way his fellow guild members were treating me.

'... And I guess the award ceremony must have been influential in acquiring the class as well. Still... Haa..... Why do almost all new classes sound ridiculous? I mean, I can understand why I acquired the majority of them, but based on their names, they seem useless. The only ones that seem interesting for leveling up in the labyrinth are [Explorer Lvl 1] and [Strategist Lvl 1], but not enough to replace any of the classes I already have activated. Haa... It's disappointing that the 90% discount only served to get junk classes, but luckily that's not its only function.'

[Emir] [Great Adventurer Lvl 11] [Archer Lvl 41] [Knight Lvl 18] [Sword King Lvl 6] [Leader Lvl 27] [Survivor Lvl 37] [Traveler Lvl 8] [Hero Lvl 3] [Barbarian Lvl 9]

+34 free stat points

'Wait… what's going on here? Delia is one thing, but why do I have so many free points? With the battles in the full-scale war, I got 48 points, but I had already used them all to increase the experience discount and activate two extra classes. So... Where do so many points come from?'

34 free stat points to allocate…

'The only explanation I can find is that some of the new classes reward more than one stat point when leveling up, and since Hero went up 2 levels, while Barbarian went up 8 and the others.... No, the others don't count because it's not the first time they've leveled up... Hmm.... Could it be that each Hero level gives 10 stat points? Wow! If my guess is correct, this class is the best! Now I understand why it only has one skill, despite having the name of a legendary class. But then...'

This isn't the first time I've had the suspicion that my interface isn't showing me some things of people statuses, but I've never bothered to check.

'If my interface isn't showing me some class abilities, that would explain why turning off Adventurer made me feel weaker, and it would also explain Delia's divine luck.... Now that I think of it… Since I was so distracted with the other two skills, I never checked the Sword intent skill after acquiring it.... But...'

[Skills]

'Yes. As I imagined, it doesn't appear in my interface. And yet, other skills such as Critical chance and Counterattack do appear... There must be a logical explanation for this, I guess, but my interface has always been very mysterious'

[Skills]

'It makes sense that this is happening with the skills my interface shows, as I already noticed that sometimes I can see people's stats and sometimes not. Like the first time I saw Yair…'

That time I was able to see his stats, and in later encounters I could only see his class and level.

This kind of thing has never made me curious before because I don't really need that much information about the people I meet.

But now that it is affecting me, the question is...

'Why is this happening? Haa... I guess perfection is an illusion, and the idea that my interface is all-powerful was just another illusion... Anyway, from now on, I'll start experimenting and investigating the limits of my interface.'

"Haa... But there's no point in breaking my head thinking about things I don't understand. Eventually I'll find out about these details if they're useful." I say in a murmur to not wake up Delia.

'And to make sure that happens, I'm going to add a few points to Luck....'

Not too many, though; I don't want to end up like my parents, who rely purely on their luck.

HP=30| MP=20

Agility=30|| Strength=30

Intelligence=30 || Luck=13

[Resistance]

Physical=1 || Magic=0

Poison=0 || Curse=0

'I don't need as much HP or MP as Delia, as I can just focus on dodging, and I only use MP for very few things. Also…'

[Mana Storage]

[Great Mana Storage]

'I don't think I'm going to have any MP problems as long as I have these beauties. And speaking of mana... Hmm, it's not really dark yet; I think I should pay Erick a visit before I go back to see my other woman.'

20