Chapter 39 — Best Waifu, Maia | LEWD! |
935 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What happened to her?" Misho asked curiously and was a little heartbroken.

"She is engaged to the successor of Power Tech Games, the second most powerful corporation in the world," Maia revealed.

"No way…"

"Yes. She managed to invent a powerful solution to one of the company's most important problems. The current CEO took a liking to her and proposed the marriage in his son's stead, and she immediately agreed."

"..."

Misho bit his lips and felt a sour feeling in his heart. Maia looked at him and felt bad revealing it.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Misho asked while downhearted.

"I don't want you to get hurt," Maia replied.

"*sigh* You have always been with me, Maia. I don't know how to thank you," Misho said sadly.

He looked up and stared into her eyes.

"You can thank me by admitting that our relationship does not stop at childhood friends," Maia said.

"I know… But I don't think I can get over it yet, Maia. I want you to help me," Misho said.

"What do you want me to do?" Maia asked him sincerely.

She was determined to help him. After all, she wanted the best for him.

"I want you to help me forget about her," Misho said.

"I got it. When we leave the game, I will send you all the files I have on her."

Over the years, she spied on that girl because she was worried she would come back to hurt Misho. She was actually happy when she found out she got engaged to someone else.

"Wait, why do you have files about her?"

"Hehehe. That's a secret," Maia said and winked.

"Is it because you are worried she would come back and hurt me more?" Misho asked.

"H-huh!?"

Maia jumped up in fright, causing her clothes, which she still hadn't worn, to fall down and expose her beautiful body.

"I knew it. You always tried to protect me from the background. I had felt that protection ever since that incident," Misho said as he nodded his head in understanding.

Everything made sense to him now. He assumed it was just his imagination, but the expression on Maia's face proved that it was her.

"Misho, you tricked me!" Maia pouted.

"Thank you, Maia. And I'm sorry, I can't really trust that I will not do the same thing and cause you to leave me," Misho said.

Back when he was still a young kid, he embarrassed his first love in front of the class. It caused her to transfer out of his school, never to be seen again. He felt guilty and didn't want the same thing to happen again.

"Misho…"

Maia leaned down and pressed her forehead against his. The two of them could sense each other's breath and warmth.

"I know everything about you. There was a time when you showed me your favorite pron video and h*ntai. Why would I still feel this beating inside my chest if I'm as shallow as you imagined?" Maia asked as tears slowly dripped out of her eyes.

She gripped her chest and felt her love for him course through it. She had always wanted the best for him, but he was blind to her love, which wasn't an enjoyable experience.

"Maia…"

Misho felt guilt seeing her current facial expression. He touched her face with his hand.

"Why can't you see that I've always loved you!" Maia broke down and cried.

She looked down and sat beside him on the bed.

"I… I also love you, but I don't want to be in a relationship yet. I'm scared of getting overconfident and doing something weird. Like, forcing you to do something you don't want to do," Misho said and lowered his head.

"Misho… Don't worry. I will help you overcome this fear," Maia said and embraced him.

She noticed she was naked, but she didn't care about it anymore. They had already done quite a few lewd things. Besides, this was an emotional moment.

"Thank you, Maia. You're the best," Misho said and smiled.

He couldn't help but realize that she had always been there for him. He was an idiot not realizing it, or rather, avoiding realizing it. He knew she loved her deep inside, but he didn't want to become complacent and make the same mistake as before.

"Do you want a harem?" Maia asked.

"H-huh?" Misho's eyes became round, and he stared at her in shock.

"I know you want it. What if having a harem will help you? With more than one woman, we can work together and stop you from doing weird things to us which might make us hate you," Maia said.

It was a bold idea. She lived in the technology-dominated world, but polygamy wasn't shunned at all. Rather, it was viewed as an alternative in the world.

But most people still preferred monogamy because they were selfish. But Maia wasn't selfish. If needed, she would be in a polygamist relationship to help him.

She was also confident in herself. She wasn't going to lose to other women when she had been with Misho throughout his whole life.

"I do want one, but is it okay for you?" Misho asked, full of concern.

As her third cousin and childhood friend, he knew her the most. Though, he admitted he was oblivious to some things about her.

"I'm actually worried no one would join because you're too ugly," Maia retorted slyly.

"Tch. Why did I even ask?"

Misho felt better after her tease and a smile uncontrollably blossomed on his face.

"Hehehehe. Am I not the best waifu? I offered to give you a harem!" Maia said proudly.

"Yes, yes, yes. You are the best waifu in the world," Misho answered and gave up trying to argue sense with her.

"Also, why are you hard?" Maia asked and looked down at his crotch.

"*Cough* I can see your naked body," Misho answered awkwardly and covered it with his hands.

"A-ah! Now you're making me embarrassed too," Maia said.

She covered herself again with her clothes.

11