Chapter 2 – Down the Rabbit-Hole
532 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fuck, how did I end up in this pinch? My squad was 90% made of fresh recruits like me but when we were ambushed during what was supposed to be a simple repositioning maneuver, every single one of my fellow comrades, me included mind you, were running in a different direction before I was even able to hear the sergeant give any orders, it was at that moment that I knew I fucked up.

 

I 100% blame Julietta, my first love, well maybe 50%, the shock of her rejection and sudden change of... well, lifestyle brought me to this frozen hell. In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have made that decision after getting completely smashed still with tears in the eyes from the night before, I'm even surprised that I was able to write my name correctly in that form. It also didn't help that the recruiting officer was a very pretty woman smiling and winking at my wounded virgin heart.

 

Somehow I got myself lost and alone in this snowy forest, with only my rifle with me, I think I lost my rucksack in the panicking a while ago, all I remember is someone screaming ambush and then it became a free for all. I don't wanna end up appearing right behind enemy lines and the snowstorm is picking up. I have no idea what is supposed to be the protocol here but I think my best choice is to wait for this damn blizzard to subdue a little at that small grotto up ahead.

 

I see... it is surprisingly bigger from the inside, and has even a path going further down this hole, maybe I should check it out, there could be a big animal inside here with me. Taking small steps I find a very big pit near the end wall. Right when I had just turned back I hear a big scream in a language that certainly isn't English and instinctively jumped back, well... right in the hole.

 

As I am falling, trying to find anything to hold on to, I end up slamming into the walls and turning and turning until I finally hit the bottom, surprisingly still conscient, I mean, until my rifle falls onto the back of my head and I pass out.

5