Chapter 4 – And So It Begins
487 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up in my bed, at the top of my soft and comfy mattress and my blanket is so silky and fluffy, by the way, there is way too much light in my room, man, I really don’t wanna get up just to close the curtains… wait a minute, my mattress back at the orphanage was much more crappy than this, and don’t get me started at the ones in the barracks at the army camp, also I never had that kind of money in my life to splurge in such a blanket like this. When I finally get that this is not my bed and I’m clearly not in Kansas anymore I look around myself a little then I stop and close my eyes to try to go back to sleep again, hahaha what a funny dream…right?

 

At this moment I seem to be laying in the belly of a giant gorilla, this creature may be around 20 times my size and appears to be sleeping, WHAT THE FUCK! Calm down Daniel, get yourself together, the best move to make is to slowly get off King Kong hoping it doesn’t wake up, and get as fast as possible far away from it.

 

While slowly rolling down with my rifle strapped to the sling and grabbing its fur to not fall and break some bones, he is so big that I think I am 15 meters off the ground, I get to finally stand on solid ground and start to move stealthy away from it. After getting some distance from the big monke I try to swat this bug that is in the corner of my vision and it doesn't wanna get away, and when I focus on it for a second a screen suddenly pops up in front of my face.

 

Name: Daniel Creed

Race: Human?

Level 1

Traits: 

Transfer - Tier SSS

Mutation - Tier SS

Status:

STR: 0

VIT:0

AGI: 0

DEX: 0

INT: 0

LUK: 33 (S2)

 

Okay, what? What do you mean ‘human?’ and why is most of my status at 0? I noticed while moving from the gorilla that I was feeling more sluggish and weak than normal but I thought it was because of the situation, now it makes a little more sense. I try to lift a small rock beside me and while I still can pick it up, I felt as if my strength is back to when I was a small child. Only my luck stat is higher than 0 and what is with that ‘S2’? Weird…

 

Shelving that whole status situation for later what is a Trait and what does it do? Focusing on that part of the status sheet that section suddenly expands.

 

Transfer - Tier SSS

If the target trait tier is S or below the user is capable of taking it away to himself while also being able to give those traits to anyone. The target must consent to it or be unconscious for the user to be able to take and give traits.

Cooldown - 24 hours

Mutation - Tier SS

The user can modify or combine his traits to improve or adjust certain aspects as long as the trait tier is of rank below SS.

Cooldown - 24 hours

 

I still don’t really get it but that looks like some game skills, it reminds me of the times that I used to play MMORPGs in the shitty old only computer of the orphanage, my fps was always under 10 in that piece of crap but I still remember fondly of those memories.

 

While remembering things that felt like a lifetime away I hear something moving closer to me and the status screen disappears from my vision just in time for me to see what appears to be a massive cat appearing from behind a tree a few meters away from me. 

 

This giant Garfield has 4 fangs the size of my forearm poking from its mouth and is staring at me like I am some walking piece of meat. Before I can even start to process my precarious situation I’m already on my back and the cat is on top of me and is preparing to take a bite.

 

Mr. Puss opened his giant mouth and went straight to my… rifle for some reason, and I accidentally hit the trigger with my elbow while panicking, firing the firearm from inside the kitty’s mouth directly throught its skull and into its brain. 

 

My ears are ringing from the shot noise and my heart is racing, the scene in front of me suddenly looks more like a sad suicide than a fight to the death. At that moment I heard a robotized female voice inside my head saying ‘level up!’ I see again in the corner of my vision a blinking dot and when I focus on it I notice a few changes in my stats.

 

Level 1 -> 17

LUK: 33 -> 68 (Go! Go! \o/)

5