V1 Ch7
222 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Elemental spirits are nature's ghosts. They cannot posses anyone and are only allowed to give their summoner temporary power. The reason for this is that spirits needs a vessel to remain their form, but it is a taboo for us to possess any living beings.” Said the spirit. 

Iris momentarily furrowed her brows. This wasn't that much of a problem considering that she had already planned letting her contracted spirits to possess her golems. 

“So, except elemental spirits, can the rest possess as willed?” Iris asked. 

The spirit looked at the young girl without changing her gaze. “Yes. That's why this old lady cannot form a contract to you because if I force so, with no vessel to use, I'd dissipate.”

Iris cocked her head to the side and softly let out an “Oh,”

“But I can form a temporary contact ...” The spirit's eyes widened in surprise as Iris walked towards her. 

“I don't think it is needed, big sister.” Iris looked at her summon and said with a glint in her eyes. “I, I can create golems and I can make a custom body for you.”

“Pardon?” The spirit couldn't understand. 

“Well... I can make bodies using my earth magic and cook them. I don't think these are living beings because there's not a thread of consciousness inside them.” Iris waved her hand and mud appeared beside her structure. 

It slowly piled up and began forming a body. After a few seconds, a replica of the spirit's body has been created and Iris then swiped her hand down which the body was immediately lit up in flames. 

*Casha*

The flames drew down and a body similar to her summon was at sight. 

“This...” The spirit was amazed. She flew off from the circle and began circling the body. She then placed her hand before it and a shock in discovery made way into it's mind. 

“Is it passable?” Iris questioned. 

“It's marvelous... Of course it is. Hear me out, this old lady's name is Bai Chan. I'll sign a permanent contract with you!” Bai Chan hurriedly said as she reached her hand forward. 

There were many things elemental spirits like her hope to achieved. And physical touch was on the list. 

“Good,” Iris smiled before her head bobbed to the other side as she abruptly asked, “But before that, what does big sister have that I can make use of?”

“Huh?” Bai Chan froze. “This old lady is a high level wind elemental spirit. I have high compatibility with wind and my proficiency with it is very high.” 

“Other than that, what else?” Iris didn't put on her front of being a cute little girl. As how she was as usual, her eyes squinted and Bai Chan thought she saw something crazy. 

“I have wisdom comparable to those of a millennium old owl demon.” Bai Chan said. 

Iris raised an eyebrow, “Eh? But, how come you do not behave like it?” 

“I'm not focused on it and my personality has always been like this.” Bai Chan grimaced. 

Iris closed her eyes and thoughtfully nodded. 

“Okay then. Let's finalize our contract.” Iris said as her hands opened and revealed her chubby palm. 

Bai Chan pursued a smile as her slender hand enveloped Iris'. 

“From then on, you are my contracted spirit, Bai. You are loyal to your contractor and pays heed to whatever she orders.” Iris voiced and the background flashed white. 

Iris' eyes blinked and a strange formation appeared in her iris. As she blinked again, the formation vanished. 

“You can possess the golem, right away, Bai Chan.” Iris retrieved her hand and gleefully said. 

“Yes!” Bai Chan agreed and dashed to the cooked vessel she was given. Her hand went inside and the red of her body followed. 

The golem glowed white before it's brownish color faded away and became colorful. It's closed eyes opened and revealed two pairs of green orbs. 

“I'm... Its actually true.” Bai Chan moved her limbs and she rejoiced. A spirit's wish was to become physical, and like everyone else's, she also wishes. 

Iris smiled upon seeing Bai Chan's grateful expression. 

“I'm glad you like it.” Iris then continued. “But besides the contract I spoke about earlier, you must remember that you have two masters, Bai Chan.”

“?” Bai Chan looked at Iris and cocked her head, “Who else is this old lady's...erm, who else are my masters, Mistress Iris?”

“I have a twin sister. Her name is Ivy. You can meet her right now, and know each other. I still have things to do so I can't come out yet.” Iris answered before she added, “Also, she's going to give you your designated role. It depends on her how she wants you to be, so listen to her tentatively.”

“Understood.” Bai Chan bowed. 

...

“Your name is Bai Chan?” Ivy sucked on a lollipop as she glanced at Bali Chan who was observing her as well. 

“Yes...Eldest Miss.” Bai Chan said. 

Ivy paused as she happily asked, “You know that I'm the oldest? Oh~” Ivy leaned back to the couch as she then voiced, “ Your role shall be a commander in the symbol of diamonds for the information position.”

“And your code name shall be White Owl. Do you have anything to say about that?” Ivy added. 

“There's none.” Bai Chan shook her head.

“Okay, then, as I heard, you have tons of information.” Ivy stood up and hugged Bai Chan's thigh. “So~ Do you have the recipe for baking cakes? If you could, can you help me bake one as well?”

“Cakes?” Bai Chan asked. 

Ivy nodded, “ Yes, cakes! I want to eat one and since I'm unallowed to go outside unsupervised, I can't eat cake from the bakery outside.”

“What if I went out with you?" Bai Chan proposed. 

Ivy quickly disagreed, “It won't do either. Iris is busy gathering personnels and the club is still closed. In addition to that, I said you are in the information position and not on the combat one. You must hide your powers cleverly since if things go wrong, it'll be bad.”

Bai Chan sighed in helplessness. “Fine. I understand.” As she said that, her hand rubbed Ivy's head. 

6