Chapter 105: A Mysterious Figure
78 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anom made his way toward the inner area of the Safaira mansion, maintaining a moderate pace. The night had already enveloped his surroundings since his conversation with Selvo, and he had returned promptly.

His brows were slightly furrowed as he appeared lost in deep thought.

"The plan up to this point seems sound, but once I leave for the Handler family, it might be difficult for me to return," he muttered. "How am I supposed to bring Crystal, Loreana, and Luna with me to the capital?"

"Should I ask Nia and Crystal to escort them?" He immediately shook his head, dismissing the idea. "No, I can't risk their families' reactions or what might happen to them once they leave the city. It's too unpredictable."

"Perhaps I should leave them here for now and come back for them later?" It seemed like the most plausible solution. Although the issue with the Handler family had been partially resolved and would be further addressed tomorrow, Anom couldn't bear the thought of leaving them behind without knowing when he would be able to return from the capital.

He also had the option of delaying his visit to the Handler family and making proper arrangements for the ladies, but he didn't want to take the risk of the visiting party from the Sorneo House leaving the city. All his planning would be in vain if that happened.

Suddenly, Anom's footsteps halted, and he turned his head in the direction of the Zeru forest. "What if I seek their help?" His eyes lit up as an idea began to take shape in his mind.

After a few moments of consideration, he sighed. "But executing that plan will also require some time."

While still pondering a solution, Anom stopped in front of Loreana's room. Choosing to revisit the matter later, he smiled as he anticipated meeting the beautiful mother. But just as his hand reached out to open the door, he abruptly paused.

Anom closely examined the door, maintaining a neutral expression, before closing his eyes for a few seconds.

Upon opening his eyes, he wasted no more time. Pushing the door open, he entered.

The interior was shrouded in darkness, but unlike the previous day, an eerie atmosphere lingered. Even the light in Loreana's study room remained extinguished, suggesting that she might not be inside.

Nevertheless, Anom continued to advance without hesitation.

Just as he was about to push open the door to the bedroom, Anom suddenly retreated.

Whooosh!

The spot where he had stood moments before was struck by a red beam of light. Surprisingly, no mark was left behind, as if the beam had been harmless.

Anom wore a serious expression as he surveyed his surroundings and demanded, "Reveal yourself!"

A chuckle resonated throughout the room in response to Anom's words. Accompanied by heavy footsteps, a cloaked figure emerged from the study room.

"You possess keen perception, young man," the figure uttered with a coarse voice tinged with faint amusement. "I wonder if your bravery matches your perceptiveness."

"Who are you?" Anom assumed a grave expression as his hand reached for his blade. He assumed a defensive stance, prepared to react if his opponent made any sudden movements. "And where is Loreana?"

The cloaked figure chuckled at Anom's reaction, now tinged with a hint of disdain. Anom's attention was drawn to the cloak, which rippled without any wind, emanating an astonishing aura.

Forced back a few steps, a look of horror overcame Anom's face as he glanced back at the figure.

The figure proceeded to advance at a leisurely pace and stood before Anom. "What do you think now?"

The covered head nodded up and down as a pair of eyes seemed to scrutinize him from head to toe. "Do you still desire to fight?"

"Now, I offer you a choice." The figure placed a hand on Anom's shoulder, the weight feeling as if a boulder had been placed there.

"You can either leave this place now to never return, or you can endure one attack from me," it said. "What do you decide? If you dare to withstand my strike and somehow survive, I will depart."

Anom's expression turned ugly, but he couldn't even utter a word as his breathing grew rough under the immense pressure.

"My apologies." The figure chuckled, retracting a portion of its aura, allowing Anom to finally breathe. "Hurry, tell me your choice." The cloaked figure urged him once more. "What is your decision? Do you want to fight? Or do you choose to live?"

A struggling expression crossed Anom's face as he contemplated his next move.

After a moment, he released a deep breath before casting a gaze at the closed door of Loreana's room, as if sensing her presence inside. Ultimately, he decided against advancing.

Shifting his gaze, he gave the cloaked figure one last glance before turning around to leave.

"Oh, that's a wise decision you've made," it praised him, though the disdain in its tone was stronger than before. "Leave! And never even consider returning here!"

As Anom neared the door, the figure muttered in a completely different voice, "I was right, wasn't I? It took so little effort for him to reveal his true colors." The cloaked face displayed a brighter expression, as if it had conceived something pleasurable. "Now, I can commence my plan to make her mine, hehe."

However, the silent laughter abruptly ceased as the figure seemed to sense something, hastily glancing back in Anom's direction.

Or at least where he should have been.

But the figure's senses were not to be underestimated, for it swiftly located Anom, who had inexplicably appeared behind it.

"Hmph!" The mysterious person grew particularly annoyed upon realizing that Anom hadn't fled. Swiftly turning, they attempted to grab Anom, assuming he intended to enter the bedroom and rescue Loreana.

However, as the cloaked figure spun around, Anom had already dropped to the floor, crouched low. With a swift motion, he extended his leg and delivered a forceful slam to the back of the figure's legs.

"Whaa!"

Caught off guard, the cloaked figure was unable to harness the formidable strength it had displayed earlier and lost balance, toppling backward.

Before the mysterious figure could even consider regaining their footing, a blade was swiftly pressed against their neck, piercing through the cloak.

"Urgh!" The figure groaned, expressing more frustration than pain, yet refraining from making any further moves—or perhaps they couldn't.

"Stay calm," Anom spoke, his voice steady as he maintained the dagger's position, while his other hand reached to grasp the chest area of the cloak.

Boing! Boing!

"Or should I say, Miss?" Anom smirked, sensing a spongy sensation against his palms.

The cloaked figure froze, ceasing even the slightest movement, as if their body had turned to stone. Anom's expression also shifted as he detected a dreadful power surging within his subdued opponent.

"Hey, calm down, Miss." Anom abruptly withdrew his hand, though he kept the blade in place, addressing the figure. "I was kidding, just as you were earlier."

He then turned his attention back to the door leading to Loreana's bedroom and declared, "You can come out now, Loreana and Crystal."

There was a brief pause before the door opened, revealing two beautiful figures with perplexed expressions on their faces.

As they switched on the lights, the situation in the hall room became clear, eliciting amusement from both Crystal and Loreana. Crystal even let out a playful giggle, but Loreana, though amused, shot her a stern glare before stepping forward.

"Anom, please release her," Loreana requested, her voice carrying a mix of urgency and concern. "She's... my sister."

"Eh?" Anom raised an eyebrow, his gaze shifting between Loreana and the cloaked woman. He then looked back at the woman, whose eyes, red with anger, glared at him upside down.

'No, her eyes are naturally red,' he observed, slightly mesmerized by their beautiful wine-red hue. However, he quickly refocused on Loreana's words and took a step back, sheathing his blade and releasing his captive.

Swoosh!

Seizing the opportunity, the cloaked woman swiftly stood up and retreated a few feet away from the group, her eyes fixed angrily on Anom.

"You bastard!" A voice filled with anger yet strangely pleasing to the ear emanated from her mouth, completely different from the false voice she had been using earlier. Her right hand started emitting a peculiar red energy, undulating outward as if poised for an attack.

"Ah! Wait, Tiana!" Loreana hurriedly rushed forward, interposing herself between the two sides. Facing Tiana, Loreana's expression turned stern as she admonished her, "And let's not forget that you went against my warning and brought this upon yourself, remember?"

Tiana suddenly froze, an awkward expression likely concealed beneath her mask.

"Perhaps you're right," she sighed, her hand slowly retracting the red energy. With a deliberate movement, she removed her cloak, revealing her true identity. 

1