Encounter
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"GAH!" I woke up to the most intense pain I have ever felt in my life. It felt like my muscles were disintegrating every time I moved, and my head was throbbing like crazy. I couldn't move a muscle, even trying to lift a finger would result in the most painful cramp ever.

'Great day ahead..' I tried to turn my head to at least look at the time, only to end up almost passing out trying to do so. I couldn't do anything but lie and bed.

"Gramps!" I called out to him with the loudest shout I could muster at the moment. The old man came running up the stairs and into my room. "Really bad muscle pain. The gym." I said. 

Muscle fatigue wasn't uncommon for us two, especially since we both train in combat most of the time, usually I could just walk the pain off and move on with my day, but that wasn't the case right now.

He looked at me meticulously, as if he was trying to figure out what I wanted. "Muscle pain? You?!" His face turned red, after piecing everything together, it looked like he was about to explode.

"You?! Muscle pain!? Don't make me laugh!" He shouted before leaving, slamming the door closed on his way out. I laid down in bed and watched him leave. I wondered why he was so mad. It's not like this was the first time this has happened.

I could only hope that he goes to the gym, I didn't want to waste the students' time. I looked up at my ceiling trying to think of something to do, when what happened last night finally hit me.

'What was that..' I wondered, it felt surreal, like a dream. I didn't know what to think of it. I was too preoccupied with running away, that I ignored what happened, but that couldn't be normal. 'Someone else taking control of your body?' it would've made sense if that was a gift, but there were only two of us back then.

It couldn't have been Mr. Bear either, he looked just as confused as I was. That leaves...

"That bald bastard!" He was the only one there other than us. He could've went back just to watch me get beaten up. The way he ran off and those cowardly movements, it all looked too similar.

It's a stretch, even I know that, but a small part of me wants to believe it's that bald bastard. Maybe it's because it would make beating him up a lot more satisfying, but it's also the fact that I don't know what I would do, if that whole body hijacking thing happened because of me.

*Yawn* 

I was getting sleepy again. I just woke up, but not being able to get out of my bed only made me more sleepy. If it did happen because of me or not, that would be future me's problem, not mine. 'I should just focus on getting as much as rest as I can right now' I thought as my eyelids became heavy and I slowly doze off for the second time.

...

Jacob liked accompanying James whenever he went to the gym. He wasn't formally admitted, but he felt like he was learning as much as his brother from just observing.

The teacher who introduced himself as Ray, seemed unreliable at first but he could see how serious he was when teaching the kids. 

It wasn't long before he saw why James had so much respect for the guy.

Like usual, he had Mark drive to James' school to pick him up. He saw his little brother walking out the school gates, plastered on his face a big smile. The boy immediately ran towards the car and went in.

'Looks like he's excited' Jacob thought, he felt his heart warm up as he looked at his little brother's smiling face. James sat beside him as they drove off to the gym.

As soon as they arrive James bursts out the car, immediately running towards the door. Jacob then says goodbye to Mark and follows after his brother.

The two walk in with a big smile on their face, only to be greeted by silence. All the students were kneeling on the floor, their hands on their lap. They looked really uncomfortable. In front of them was a short man, he looked like he had just reached 60, and was in no shape or form fit to be teaching the class, but he did.

The students knelt in front of him, not even bothering to spare a glance at the two newcomers. The old man on the other hand immediately glared at the two, his gaze alone made James and Jacob felt nervous.

"Oh, you two come here, kneel." The old man said as he gestured his finger, and pointed at an empty space at the back. James hesitantly went there and knelt like the other students. Jacob watched as his brother's smile faded away as soon as he knelt on the floor.

"Oi, you too." 

Jacob looked at the old man who was pointing at him. "Me? Ah no, I'm not a student here, I'm just here to wat-"

"Shut up. Kneel."

The old man repeated, but this time his voice felt heavier. Jacob immediately went and knelt beside James. The old man paced around the room as he stared at the students. He then stopped and pointed at three, they all looked like little kids.

"Horse stance. Now." The old man said as he looked at the three. Scared, they complied. The kids went up to the very front, forming their hands into a fist and placed it on their hips, they then lowered the pelvis down to their knees and held it there. This continued for about ten minutes. The kids' legs were trembling, one looked like he was about to throw up.

Meanwhile the old man did nothing but stare at them. Unfortunately one of them just couldn't hold it in anymore and dropped to the ground. The other two surprised by the sudden event, looked at their collapsed classmate in shocked, that's when the old man finally stepped in.

He swept in and picked the collapse child up, laying him down on a mat. "You did good. You can sit down now." He said as he looked at the remaining two. Both of them immediately dropped to the ground, trying to catch their breath, they looked exhausted, one of them looked like he was about to cry.

Jacob was appalled by the harsh training methods of the old man. He tried to help the two students by letting them lie down on one side of the room, but before he could the old man stopped him.

"Don't. Let them stay like that, don't move them." He said while staring at Jacob.

Jacob was confused, he wondered why this old man was letting these kids suffer like this, he wondered why Ray wasn't here to teach the kids, and most of all he was wondering who this old man was.

0