Berserker
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So was he any good?" John asked as he turned his chair towards someone. On the other side of his desk was Aaron holding his usual briefcase.

"I know you have your reasons sir, but I just don't see anything in him" Aaron replied as he thought about his 'interview' with Ray. It wasn't a proper interview by any means, it was more like Aaron making fun of him.

A loud snapping sound could be heard, right as Aaron was about to speak again. He looked at John who's hands were on his gigantic desk. He watched as cracks formed throughout the whole thing. Hundreds of pages of important documents fell to the ground as the desk fell into pieces.

"Don't question it." John said in a strict tone. The aura he exuded made it hard to breathe for the people surrounding him, and that included Aaron

Aaron's legs wavered as he struggled to mouth out a reply--

"I-I apologize" he stuttered as he tried his hardest to apologize for his stubbornness. Eventually the atmosphere slowly started to ease in. John sighed as he sat back down on his chair--

"I'm gonna need a new one" he said in a dejected tone.

...

After that whole debacle, Aaron limped his way out of John's office. He looked back as John's attendants picked up all the documents on the floor.

He struggled to make his way out, holding onto the wall as he walked to the elevator. Once inside, he grabbed his phone out of his briefcase. After tapping on the screen for a few times, it rang.

Suddenly, a blue light flashed from his phone, the light moved around for a little bit before it began to slowly form a man's face.

The man looked like a bodybuilder, you could tell he was a muscle head just from looking at his face. He wore a baseball cap with a big letter B on it. "Raul." Aaron said in a disappointed tone. "How many times have I told you not to wear these types of things, wear something professional for once." He added.

Raul looked pissed. He then took his cap off before looking at it and putting it back on again. "I don't know what you're talking about. This pairs well with my Jorts, it'll look good no matter what shirt I'll wear." He said as he tried his best to look cool, unfortunately for him Aaron could only see his head, not his torso, so he ended up looking like an idiot as he puckered his lips and looked towards the ceiling.

"I don't care anymore. Anyways, do you have the thing I asked for?" Aaron asked dejectedly. "I do, I'll be picking it up at the mall later." Raul replied. Just then, the elevator door started moving. Startled, Aaron immediately turned off his phone. Raul's face flickered before the light slowly faded away.

...

The mall was crowded as it could be. I could barely see through the waves of people surrounding me. Every time I tried to move I end up ultimately bumping into someone. Everything made me want to throw up.

Fortunately it didn't take that long for me to find Rein. Mostly because of the fact that he was just standing still near the big fish. As I got closer I could hear Ella shouting at Rein, telling him to stop listening to music and start moving.

I finally managed to get through the crowds of people blocking my way. It felt like being tossed around in a ball pit, if the balls were instead large boulders that is. My whole body was aching as I got out.

'People with genetics-based gifts should get their own mall' I thought as I looked back at a large man who's skin resembled that of a large hunk of metal. I wasn't trying to discriminate by any means, but in crowds like these bumping into a person made of pure metal is bound to hurt.

I walked towards the two who were now sitting on a nearby bench--

"Ah, Rei-"

"Ray!!" but before I could call out to them Ella came running towards me. I watched as the girl tried her best to run as fast as she can, but before she could reach me a man came running out the crowd of people beside us.

The man wore a black leather jacket, paired with a black baseball cap and a mask. He was tightly holding something in his hands as he rammed through everyone in his way, and unfortunately that included Ella.

The man bumps into the little girl which sends her falling to the ground. The man looked at her before he continued on running. Ella, who was on the floor, didn't quite know what was happening yet, she looked at me with her teary eyes before trying to stand up on her own.

I quickly made my way to her, helping her get up in the process. She wasn't crying, but I could clearly see tears welling up in her eyes. I then held her by the hand and walked towards Rein, but before I knew it, he was nowhere to be found.

Only thing left of him was his glasses and his phone, both of which were on the floor--

"Shit." 

I muttered under my breath as I walked up to a nearby woman. "Did you see where the guy here went by any chance?" I asked. "Umm, I saw him running towards that direction" she replied as she pointed towards the direction where the man who bumped into Ella ran off to--

"Shit! Uhh, can you please watch her for a moment?!"  I asked as I pointed at Ella. I then knelt down in front of her, "I'm going to find your big brother, so can you please stay here with aunty for a moment?" I asked. She looked at me before wiping the tears in her eyes and nodding.

I then immediately ran towards where the lady pointed at, cursing myself as I go. The past few days made me forget all the little things. I continued to run through the crowd, avoiding as many people as I could. Bumping into someone was unavoidable, but I didn't have the time for that now.

'You dumbass, you were supposed to check on him' I thought to myself. Rein has always been the class' 'loner' when we were back in school. He was thin and lanky, he wore glasses and listened to idol music on the daily, you'd think he'd be the type of kid to b bullied everyday, but none of that really happened.

As I ran through waves of people, I was met with an even bigger crowd. They all looked to be surrounding something--

"I'm late!" 

I made my way through the crowd pushing people out of the way in the process. Until I  finally got a glimpse of what they were looking at.

In the middle of it all was the man who bumped into Ella. His face was bloodied and he looked pretty roughed up. Standing over him was Rein, his eyes loomed over the man on the ground, a small smile slowly creeping up his face.

That was it, the reason no one touched Rein. It wasn't because he was friends with strong people, nor was it because he was a part of a big corporation, it wasn't any of that. It's because of his gift.

[Berserker]

0